TTP Electronics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

4.0

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Cambridge, England).

Interview

I submitted CV and cover letter via e-mail for a position advertised online with TTP. They contacted me via e-mail about a month later to arrange an interview in two week's time for a different but related position.
In their offices in Melbourn, I was welcomed by the HR and briefed initially for about 20 minutes on the company, the benefits and the working culture.
Then I had two technical interviews, one with a physicist and one with a senior electronic engineer. Their attitude, though not exactly warm, was professional and accommodating, helping me along and encouraging me if I was stuck at difficult technical points during the interview.
The technical interview started with questions about my background and the modules I have taken in the past and proceeded with technical questions. It was broader than I expected, ranging from basic principles of physics, to solutions to specific electronics problems.
Unfortunately the match for the position was not very good and I was informed via letter about two weeks later that I had not been given the position.
Interview expenses were reimbursed via check in the same letter.

Interview Questions

• Design an amplifier to drive a capacitive piesoresistive sensor.   1 Answer
  • Design a system to detect the peak frequency of a resonant sensor.   Answer Question
  • Explain the physics and solve analytically a problem involving tension forces in a narrow tube submerged vertically in a liquid container (with its open end in the liquid). The container has an open top and is exposed to atmoshperic pressure.   Answer Question
  • How would you discern between two spheres with the same volume, size and mass. In one the mass is uniformly distributed, whereas the other one is hollow in the middle.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.