TTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TTP

3.6

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Half hour chat with someone from HR first, she described the structure of the company.
    Then into the proper interview which was quite technical. I'd reccomend that any students going for an interview look over basic concepts before going. The aim was clearly to see how you solve problems with follow up questions being asked on any solutions given.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the same question as others on here about the hollow and solid spheres.
      I was then given a scenario where a client were having issues with a wobbly rear view mirror. I was asked to come up with ways to find the issue and then to redesign it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TTP.

Interview

Initial telephone interview, which asked a few engineering related problems. Followed up with a face to face interview two weeks later. Interview started off with speaking to a person from HR then a couple of different technical interviews. These focused more specifically on software development type problems but with some "standard" engineering type questions thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard for this type of technical role. A couple of questions which test your technical know-how followed by a few questions to test how you think.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in March 2016.

Interview

good interview with lots of challenging questions. There were numerous interview stages from various team members with differing levels of experience and management authority. An intimidating experience but they do need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Interview Questions

• Why did i think i was suitable for the job.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TTP.

Interview

Long, 3 1 hour interviews. Interviewers were friendly and made me feel at home with lunch provided. Questions asked were rather practical, and wanted to see if you could apply first principles to a real problem.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the important properties of sensors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an HR interview followed by an interview with a consultant. The HR person asked pretty standard questions, although she was very insistent in wanting me to tell her where else I had applied to. The technical interview was a bit tougher than I expected. The consultant didn't seem to care too much about the interview. I felt that because I couldn't properly answer the first question he asked, he got a bad first impression and during the rest of the interview he wasn't engaging with me that much. Some of the questions they asked were not exactly relevant to my background and overall I felt like I wasn't given a proper chance to show my ability in my expertise field. It looked like the consultant was reading my CV for the first time during the interview.
    In the rejection email they suggested me to call them back for detailed feedback, saying they would be more than happy to provide me with as much information as they can. When I called, the person on the phone, started out by saying "unfortunately the feedback form we got for your interview is not very detailed". He was not my interviewer, and just read out a feedback form which basically consisted of a summary of what was discussed during my interview (not very helpful). The feedback was actually very generic to the point that it wasn't helpful, but I guess they don't want to risk giving too specific feedback. Overall it seemed like a nice place to work though, people are really good at what they do

Interview Questions

• Where else did you apply and who else are you interviewing with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Cambridge, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview was in two parts: first an HR interview, where they asked about your knowledge of TTP as a company and the work their consultants are involved in, and second a technical interview with their consultants that tests problem solving approach.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions that tests an engineering approach to problem solving   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Cambridge, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview to initially screen candidates with an aggressive middle-aged man and a female in the biologics department whose Eastern European accent I had trouble with over the phone. They did not represent the company very well and had a contemptusous bored tone throughout. Delighted the process went no further. If you have a PhD and wish to stay at the bench you can do a lot better than this crowd

Interview Questions

• A use for CRISPR that hasn’t been discovered yet   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royston, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTP (Royston, East of England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Had a brief chat with HR, followed by interviews with engineers at the company, which involved both common competency and technical questions. Overall process was fine but tricky technical questions were given.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTP (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

25 minute mathematics test to begin with. Most questions were straightforward, really shouldn't pose any problems for STEM students. Then, two employees interviewed me, asking generic CV questions and one statistical question (3 bags). Overall, less than 1 hours in total.

Interview Questions

• There are three bags, one contains only red marbles, one contains only green marbles and the last contains both red and green. You do not know how many marbles are in each bag. Each of the bags is incorrectly labelled. How many times do you have to draw to figure out the correct labels of each bag?   4 Answers

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TTP (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Two round process. The first is a series of individual interviews with puzzle-type questions to judge your scientific / mathematical ability. A few questions related to yourself and your cv. The second is an in depth interview with the boss, to assess your 'fit' with the company.

Interview Questions

• List as many ways as you can to estimate the diameter of the earth.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.