TTP Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TTP Mechanical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at TTP

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, then had a forty minute phone interview, leading to an onsite interview at TTP near Cambridge lasting around 4 hours. This consisted of half an hour talking to the HR manager, then 3 hour-long individual interviews with various members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview concerned mainly personal and career motivations, talking about projects I'd worked on, and providing me with more info about TTP (particularly their non-hierarchical organisation). On site, the interview involved basic applied physics questions for the most part.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TTP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saffron Walden, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Saffron Walden, England) in March 2018.

Interview

The company’s work is amazing and the people you meet during the interview process are intelligent and engaging, but the whole experience has an air of arrogance.

I got the feeling the company felt it was doing me a favour by interviewing me rather than that it was keen to employ me.

The interviews themselves were thorough and enjoyable with just the right level of problem solving and technical challenges. Very little HR involvement throughout.

Overall, technically phenomenal but the organisation and attitude of the interview process meant I accepted an offer from a competing company and rejected TTP’s.

Interview Questions

• Various technical design challenges which focus on a mechanism to provide a specific function I.e. dispensing an accurate volume of liquid.   Answer Question

I got an offer from a competitor company which was better. I also felt TTP did not show as much desire to employ me as one would hope for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, East Midlands, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourne, East Midlands, England) in August 2015.

Interview

A series of long interviews with demanding technical questions. Very pleasant people to deal with.
    Their feedback has been by far one of the most thorough descriptions of interview performance I ever received. Unfortunately they were looking for a designer comfortable with a workload of 90% CAD work and my personal preference is a good balance of design work with hands-on development and customer interaction.

Interview Questions

• What is the cycle time for the injection of a plastic component?   1 Answer
    • What are the most important consideration for PA over-molding?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps for the development of a gear train?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.