TTP Interview Questions in Melbourn, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TTP

3.6

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Very technical. Split into 3 1-hour one-on-one interviews, who go through your CV and pick up technical projects and dig into it, or ask standard technical questions (bathtub emptying, how does [generic appliance like dishwasher/microwave] work?).

Overall, the answers they were looking for relied on a lot of academic knowledge. Common questions relied on recalling principles such as Navier-Stokes, Moody charts, Bernoulli, and Electro-thermodynamics. Very high-level scientific, meaning they looked at diving into the maths of certain problems, often asking to solve an issue or find an equation that could describe certain behaviours. Felt like a harder undergraduate university interview. 2nd or 3rd year university knowledge required.

They look for academic excellence. Generally impersonal interviews, not looking for any differentiation in work experience or education, purely on technical ability. Although, the stage after this one was supposed to be an HR one, so probably more personal.

Interview Questions

• What are the fundamental thermodynamics governing a Fuel Cell?   Answer Question
    • With equations, describe a bathtub emptying. What happens if you add a hose to the hole?   Answer Question
    • How does a dishwasher work?   Answer Question
    • [Puts part in front of me] what is this? (Coffee machine water heater). Why have they designed such, what   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview was divided into a HR and a technical round. The technical quesions weren't very hard but required creative thinking. Overall was a fun interview and the office is stunning!

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in July 2019.

Interview

If the online application is deemed to be acceptable, the applicant is asked to complete an hour-long online assessment answering a technical engineering question.

If the answer is deemed acceptable, the applicant is asked to attend an in-person technical interview. First a member of the HR team will describe the company structure and job description, then two different members of the engineering team will ask a series of resume related questions and technical engineering questions.

If the applicant performs well in the first interview, they will be invited for a second interview. In this second interview, the applicant will meet with the managing director and other senior members. This interview is more geared towards ensuring that the applicant is the right fit for the company socially rather than technically.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all engineering and physics related. Some are targeted to the candidates area of expertise, but most are general. Examples:

If you hold a ruler by placing one finger at each end, then move the fingers closer together, will they meet in the middle?

If the safety of a patient relies on a liquid medication not being administered too quickly, how do you engineer the syringe to dispense more slowly?

If a cyclist is experiencing a crosswind, will they have to put in more effort than they would if there was no wind?

You have two balls of equal mass. One is hollow, the other is solid, how do you determine which is which?   Answer Question

Consultant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in November 2018.

Interview

An online test followed by an interview at TTP headquarters in Melbourn. There were three stages, one with a HR representative and two with Consultants from the Medical Devices Team.

Interview Questions

• Design a device for automated injection of a drug, to be used by a patient. The rate of drug delivery must be limited so that the drugs cannot be injected in less than 10 seconds.   Answer Question

Graduate Electronic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied via the company web-page and i promptly got a reply for a phone interview, which was followed by a face to face interview in Melborn EIngland. The HR was directly in contact with me via email and phone and i was paid for all travel and accommodation for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a telephonic interview for the first phase. I was asked all about my previous projects and work.. . just to get an idea about my work and experience.. there was no technical question during the telephonic interview.   2 Answers

Mechanical Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in October 2017.

Interview

10 days after my online application, I received an invitation for an interview at their office in Melbourn. The interview lasted around 3.5 hours, with a lunch break in between.

In the first part, you will be introduced to some people working in the HR department, where they will ask you about your motives and tell you more about the company.

The second is the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of mechanism can you implement into a syringe to make sure the patient does not go too fast?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you have two balls in front of you. The two balls have the same mass and the same volume. However, one of the balls is hollow from the inside. How would you know which one is which?   3 Answers

Graduate Product Development Physicist (Medical Devices Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Had three one-on-one interviews, each lasting around an hour. First was an HR interview, for telling you a bit about the company and to try and relax you. This was followed by two technical interviews. The first included a maths problem (which was fine for me given my mathematical background), and a discussion of previous projects I have worked on.

The third interview was for me easily the toughest - I was asked to come up with creative solutions to somewhat vague technical problems. For example:
    - Come up with some ways to improve radiotherapy
    - There is some device in the eye and we need to non-invasively perform a mechanical change in it some time after it was put in. Come up with as many ways as you can to do this.

I started by describing some areas in which I knew there was radiotherapy research. But he told me that he wanted me to come up with original ideas, not to recite what I've read about. Tricky!

The process was professional, friendly and slick, they paid my travel expenses and the feedback was thorough and constructive.

Interview Questions

• Which is bigger, e^pi or pi^e?   1 Answer
    • Describe some novel ways you could improve radiotherapy   Answer Question
    • If I wanted a PET scanner with a resolution of 1mm, how many detectors do I need?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an HR interview followed by an interview with a consultant. The HR person asked pretty standard questions, although she was very insistent in wanting me to tell her where else I had applied to. The technical interview was a bit tougher than I expected. The consultant didn't seem to care too much about the interview. I felt that because I couldn't properly answer the first question he asked, he got a bad first impression and during the rest of the interview he wasn't engaging with me that much. Some of the questions they asked were not exactly relevant to my background and overall I felt like I wasn't given a proper chance to show my ability in my expertise field. It looked like the consultant was reading my CV for the first time during the interview.
    In the rejection email they suggested me to call them back for detailed feedback, saying they would be more than happy to provide me with as much information as they can. When I called, the person on the phone, started out by saying "unfortunately the feedback form we got for your interview is not very detailed". He was not my interviewer, and just read out a feedback form which basically consisted of a summary of what was discussed during my interview (not very helpful). The feedback was actually very generic to the point that it wasn't helpful, but I guess they don't want to risk giving too specific feedback. Overall it seemed like a nice place to work though, people are really good at what they do

Interview Questions

• Where else did you apply and who else are you interviewing with?   Answer Question

Wireless & Communication Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in December 2016.

Interview

One HR interview followed by 3 hours of technical interview with three senior consultants. Basic programming, signal processing and wireless communication questions, mostly related to projects/experience mentioned in the CV. Very friendly and helpful interviewers. They offer to give detail interview feedback which is very helpful.
    For this position, they are looking for someone who is an excellent algorithm developer, excellent programmer and excellent FPGA developer. Questions are designed to judge your approach of solving a problem, programming skills and foresight of problems that can occur in hardware implementation. Really need to brush up the basics for the interview. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• basic wireless communication questions, programming questions, questions about FPGA design practices, writing codes, design a practical solution for communication problem given set of limitations, general interest and commercial awareness.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer (Medical Devices/Life Sciences) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TTP (Melbourn, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long process. Both interviewing divisions wanted two interviews, so I had four hours straight of technical interviews on first-principles questions from a very wide range. Was not really prepared for such an intense afternoon, and nerves at the start and mental exhaustion by the end had a real effect on my performance. The interviewers were friendly and lunch was provided. I got a very positive impression of the company as a place to work, but the process was very intense.

Interview Questions

• How could you design a syringe to ensure constant fluid flow rate?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.