Tableau Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

General screening call with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face peer interview, sales demo and then 1:1 with hiring manager, last interview was phone interview with country manager.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tableau Software.

Interview

The questions were casual and open ended but at times it felt like the recruiter wanted to run through a list of questions and kept the conversational piece short. Since they were interviewing at my school, they had many to get through. I think each interview was around 40 minutes between two people. Way too short.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in April 2020.

Interview

I applied and received an email from a recruiter to do a phone screening. I had a 20 minute phone screening with the recruiter who then set me up with a hiring manager. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After these two rounds, I received an email from the recruiter that they had received all positive feedback, but I will not be moving forward in the interview process. When I asked the recruiter for feedback so I can improve my interview skills, she simply responded "it is not our policy to provide feedback." As someone who greatly respected this company, this was a big turn off for me. Recruiters should work on being more human and building relationships with prospects. If an individual is asking for advice on how to improve their professional skills, they should be given at least a small glimpse of insight on how to grow. I also have a close colleague who interviewed with Tableau's parent company, Salesforce, and received a ton of feedback so I'm not sure how this recruiter can try and blame it on the company.

Product Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online, product consulting intern. After 10 days, I got an email that the recuriter invited me to have a phone call, saying that discuss with me about my background and skills in detail.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software.

Interview

Very straightforward - first an interview with the recruiter, then hiring manager, then a series of one on one interviews with potential stakeholders. The recruiters that were working with me were very inconsiderate of my time and did not even provide a break during the four hour interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you delight a customer?   1 Answer

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

1st phone interview with recruiter went well. Great natural flow. 2nd phone interview with Hiring Manager, wasn't engaging. Had me on speaker the entire time and asked no questions about my direct experience in AR or Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Why Tableau?   1 Answer
    • What have you done that's been innovative and what made it different?   1 Answer

Senior Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

This specific interview was for the solution integrator partners, senior partner marketing manager role.

My interview process was relatively fast as they were eager to fill the position and I was referred in by a VP. Spoke to the hiring manager and 2 weeks later I was scheduled for 6 hours of interviewing various team members virtually (in one day). Tableau had recently transitioned over to Salesforce systems so we did get wires crossed from time time but for the most part was fairly seamless.

The team members I interviewed with had no idea what duties this role would be fulfilling. In fact, for the most part it seemed like each person I spoke to was more concerned about how I interpreted "solution selling" and not so much on my actual experience and the results I've produced in the past. I do understand this to some degree as it appeared to be a relatively new role managing Solution Integrator partners and since I've been in SAAS partner marketing for over 7 years I know how ambiguous different jobs can be. I also found it strange I had more experience with partner marketing than the managers I interviewed with, combined.

The team members were all generally friendly (kind of bland) with the exception of one who was incredibly rude- dialed in 10 minutes late, was not prepared, didn't look at my resume, Boston based guy with an attitude. As many interviews go, theres typically one person who is more direct, not friendly, etc but this guy was just offensive! He was the main reason I did not want to continue the interview process and I hope Tableau knows better than to put someone so socially challenged in an interview loop.

After the day of interviewing I knew the role wasn't a fit for me and it worked out because Tableau didn't have an offer- they wanted a candidate with more experience with Solution Integrators. The hiring manager also followed up and noted she was sorry it didn't work out and that if there were other roles or contacts at Tableau she could put me in touch with, she would be happy to. I followed up with her about a specific role posted asking for more information on that team and then never heard back! Sad to get that type of wishy washy personality after hours of interviewing. I expected more.

Tableau is not a start up, however; they often attribute their chaos and lack of structure to having a startup mentality. They don't follow up, they don't have processes, but they do have expectations that align with a more corporate structure. I didn't enjoy this interview process and have had plenty of experience with growing organizations, large and small.

Interview Questions

• What does solution selling mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about successful campaigns you did in the past?   Answer Question
    • What kind of partners have you worked with in the past and how are they similar or not similar to Solution integrators?   Answer Question
    • If you had conflicting assignments (internally and externally) and needed to prioritize completing one over the other, which one would you do and why?   Answer Question

Senior Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about a Senior Analyst position. During the initial screening, she started mentioning responsibilities and work that did not align with the position I had applied for. She emailed me back stating I did not have the experience for a Senior Manager role, and needed to apply for the Senior Analyst role... one that I had already applied for.

The messiness of this initial experience followed throughout the process. While I'm sure Tableau is a great place to work, and the hiring manager and employee I spoke with both seemed like fine individuals, they mentioned they've been attempting to fill this role for quite some time and I'm not surprised. I don't think they have a very organized and effective hiring process within the team at the moment after speaking with those in charge of the process.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a table and a view (SQL)?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled the call thrice and in the end, failed to give a call. Little disappointed as I had to follow up each time to get the call rescheduled.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Time waster, connected at Tableau networking event , recruiter reached out to me for open roles . Recruiter was good at communication and updating after interview feedback. I have solved both coding questions in the telephonic interview but was rejected with feedback such as design , mentor ship etc from interviewer which was not even the interview assessment topic during the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions: q1: sort binary array q2: Find the median island size in a single dimensional array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First the normal call with the recruiter. He explained the process and told he will forward the resume to the hiring manage. Couple of days later he mailed me telling hiring manager is interested in proceeding and an initial phone screen will be scheduled soon. And within a week the phone screen was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked generally about the project and then went on to codepair to solve a problem. I thought about the problem for a while , but could not identify an obvious pattern. I solved the problem and after the interview I realized I took the complex route.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.