Tableau Software Interview Questions

Updated 10 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 495 of over 495 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Interviewed in 2019 for the product consultant role. Interviews included behavioral and take home-style evaluations. Overall, it was a great experience, but the compensation eventually offered was pretty lackluster. Ended up turning it down for a more competitive offer.

Interview Questions
  • I can't recall specific questions, but I remember other interview overviews were pretty on-point.
    Answer Question

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The interview process took 3.5 weeks. I was first contacted by a recruiter to ensure my skillset aligned to the customer success organization. Then met with the hiring manager. Once I was in the clear - they scheduled a interview loop with 5 other people including a peer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about time when you received difficult feedback o from your manager?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, the recruiter scheduled the first round in hakerrank coding challenge, then virtual onsite interview. Virtual onside was 5hours, first two rounds are coding, 2 questions each, one round desgin, its about data governance desgin, one round by director for an hour, one round by hiring manager he asked some coding and design. The Director round is a bit unusual for an hour!! No direction in the discussion. The desing round also very vague!

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode medium-range problems, and some leetcode design-related problems, eg: log limiter, increasing stack etc. Design in-memory cache, design about data governance.

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

few processes and the key part is a demo call with panels. It was quite interesting . The recruiter was great to lead the process. I felt a little bit comfortable to communicate with people. Now I think people do not need to get demo call for this position anymore.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions and business questions to see how I react

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The process with the recruiter was easy to schedule the interviews. The actual interview was a panel process with managers in multiple departments. I had 2 follow up interviews that were scheduled over a 3 week period. The actual interview process was long and drawn out. I had to send multiple emails to follow up to find out I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Really informative and quick recruiter call, very sterile and vague hiring manager call. I was rescheduled and given another hiring manager to speak to who seemed very uninterested in what I had to say. Seemed like a waste of an hour between both of us and I never really got any sort of real answer for my questions about the company and further clarification on the role.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to talk about analytics a lot. Most questions revolved around how you would find data and what models would you use.

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

People werent sure who was interviewing me. Hiring manager interviewed me a couple times. Once, taking me out into the rain (not just sprinkes, rain) to a coffee shop across the street. I was wet and hair was soaked for last 2 interviews. Almost a stepford wives culture feel. They continued to tell me I needed to come in and move things in a different direction, add new ideas, etc. but change was not possible unless by consensus. I would not have taken the job had it been offered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

I went during a conference so it might be a little different from normal ones, but the whole process was pretty chill in general. The interviewer was a really nice lady and the whole conversation was pretty friendly and as expected.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Tell me about your self 2) your favorite class at school 3) your biggest achievement 4) what is your weakness

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

HR Technical phone interview will be with hiring manager or senior engineer of the team. Loop interviews will be with an hour of break in between the interview. Response will be prompt and quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX)

Interview

The first interview was a 30 min recruiter screening. I didn't make it to the next step which would have been a hiring manager interview. Then an interview with some peers and then a VP.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you challenged your leadership team. How big was the sales organization? What were your key responsibilities?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 495 Interviews