Tableau Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

General screening call with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face peer interview, sales demo and then 1:1 with hiring manager, last interview was phone interview with country manager.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software.

Interview

Very straightforward - first an interview with the recruiter, then hiring manager, then a series of one on one interviews with potential stakeholders. The recruiters that were working with me were very inconsiderate of my time and did not even provide a break during the four hour interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you delight a customer?   1 Answer

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

1st phone interview with recruiter went well. Great natural flow. 2nd phone interview with Hiring Manager, wasn't engaging. Had me on speaker the entire time and asked no questions about my direct experience in AR or Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Why Tableau?   1 Answer
    • What have you done that's been innovative and what made it different?   1 Answer

Senior Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about a Senior Analyst position. During the initial screening, she started mentioning responsibilities and work that did not align with the position I had applied for. She emailed me back stating I did not have the experience for a Senior Manager role, and needed to apply for the Senior Analyst role... one that I had already applied for.

The messiness of this initial experience followed throughout the process. While I'm sure Tableau is a great place to work, and the hiring manager and employee I spoke with both seemed like fine individuals, they mentioned they've been attempting to fill this role for quite some time and I'm not surprised. I don't think they have a very organized and effective hiring process within the team at the moment after speaking with those in charge of the process.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between a table and a view (SQL)?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled the call thrice and in the end, failed to give a call. Little disappointed as I had to follow up each time to get the call rescheduled.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Time waster, connected at Tableau networking event , recruiter reached out to me for open roles . Recruiter was good at communication and updating after interview feedback. I have solved both coding questions in the telephonic interview but was rejected with feedback such as design , mentor ship etc from interviewer which was not even the interview assessment topic during the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions: q1: sort binary array q2: Find the median island size in a single dimensional array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First the normal call with the recruiter. He explained the process and told he will forward the resume to the hiring manage. Couple of days later he mailed me telling hiring manager is interested in proceeding and an initial phone screen will be scheduled soon. And within a week the phone screen was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked generally about the project and then went on to codepair to solve a problem. I thought about the problem for a while , but could not identify an obvious pattern. I solved the problem and after the interview I realized I took the complex route.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen covering basic technical troubleshooting skills and terminology. Once brought in for the onsite interview loop, it consisted of two hour-long technical sessions. One was an interactive scenario with an interviewer that focused on your troubleshooting thought process. The second was a written survey asking general technical definitions and questions on a range of topics, from databases to operating systems to networking. Afterward there was a half-hour interview with a manager that focused more on soft skills and your work history. Overall I recommend taking time to brush up on technical concepts before coming in, just to cover all your bases.

Interview Questions

• Person A is experiencing X symptoms with Y system. How would you go about troubleshooting the source of the problem?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter at the career fair and had 3-45min interviews after that. Overall, very positive experience. The recruiters are great, and the engineers are really passionate about what they are doing

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

A several step process.
    (1) A basic screening over the phone with a recruiter.
    (2) An assignment (essentially homework) in Tableau to familiarize with the software.
    (3) A phone interview with the Product Consulting Manager, which was still fairly casual.
    (4) A 40 minute presentation, done in Tableau, to a team of four managers, with 1-on-1s with each afterwards, each lasting 30 minutes.
    This is the whole process. I did not get an offer at the end, which was extremely disappointing considering how much work this interview process was.

Interview Questions

• Questions were tailored to my experience a whole lot, so they asked a lot about my programming background.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Kirkland, WA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online, I received an invitation for a phone screening, I spoke with the TL, most questions were technical. I was invited for an on-site interview for 3 hours. There were 3 interviews, the first one to test your technical support skills, then a written exam (Not a multi-choice) and finally an interview with the TL.

Interview Questions

• Why Tableau? Questions about network, Linux, Databases, and APIs.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.