Tableau Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

General screening call with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face peer interview, sales demo and then 1:1 with hiring manager, last interview was phone interview with country manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

One round on campus after career fair and two rounds on site. On campus's result was given the following Monday and then scheduled Friday's onsite. The recruiter is super helpful. First on site interviewer was a little intimidating and misleading. The second was very kind. Overall average interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Typical interview process. Had some depth questions, had a single coding question. It was on the verge of being too easy. I felt more experienced than the people that interviewed me. Similar to microsoft.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

I found the Tableau interview process challenging but very positive. The interviews consist of background questions, and then some technical whiteboard problems. There are normally two engineers that work as a team in the interviews. They were all personable and kind. Normally one of the interviews is with some of the senior technical management. What struck me most about the interview process is the passion and enthusiasm that they all have for their work, environment, and product.

A technical recruiter works with you all of the way, and clearly explains benefits available. I had a question about the benefits. The recruiter found the answer and replied that same day.

Download Tableau and experiment with it before your interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the Tableau product?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR, followed by engineering phone screen with some fairly simple knowledge questions. Next a 1 day take-home test designing a simple algorithm.

Next was fly-in to corporate, with half of day engineering questions and the rest personality interviews. The data structure/algorithms questions were fairly difficult, but everyone was quite pleasant and happy to answer all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Question regarding binary tree traversal.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tableau Software.

Interview

College Career Fair

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Java and C++?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in November 2013.

Interview

get me quickly within two weeks

Interview Questions

• a maze question that ask you to get out of the maze   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in July 2013.

Interview

Started with an HR phone screen for possible fit. 2 rounds of technical phone screens [ Basic OO concepts, DS, basic algos and S/W Engg practices]. On-site : Though it was a great experience, it was interview overload - 9:30 am - 5:00pm (on the pretext of candidate being able to meet team members). 8 rounds of 1:2 interviews(so, you would need to solve 2 questions in 45 mins, discuss the implementation and leave some time for Q&A). Nothing stood out as being extremely difficult but for the duration.

I was brain dead by the last round, and it looked like they had kept the best for the last! Was asked to come up with design and code solution to a DP problem in the last round...the best I could do was stare at the white board.

I wish the on-site loops were shorter.

Interview Questions

• DP problem - similar to N Queens. [Was solvable, but not after 7(x2) rounds of white-boarding!!!]   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR phone screen, technical phone screen, overnight homework assignment, and on-site technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a binary search tree for floating-point values.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tableau Software in April 2011.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a local career fair at my school. Was contacted the next week to conduct a phone interview. After the interview I was asked to code up a Binary search algorithm for floating points. After two weeks I was informed that they were not interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Asked to implement a BFS on a BST. Asked about the time complexity of search, deletion, etc   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online with my resume. The process took about two weeks for me to get a response from them. The phone interview schedule was scheduled quickly within a couple of days.
    Actual phone interview with one of their senior developer:
    Why do you want to work for tableau?
    Describe one of your most recent project?
    Delete the numbers that have more than one occurrence from the array.

Interview Questions

• You have to be really smart and creative for the test answer; otherwise, you will just be one of these rejected people. Here, the creativity comes from how much you have mastered the programming language you put on your resume.   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.