Tableau Software Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

3.2

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Standard first interview with HR. general questions about your background, why you are looking, what about Tableau interests you?

Second round was 30 minutes Each with 4 Managers for a 2 Hour block, via Zoom. So Interview for 30 minutes, then another manager joins and interviews you for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with other internal teams?
      How have you handled a difficult customer interaction?
      What are you reading outside of work related training?   Answer Question

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online - LinkedIn sent a job opening to me that looked interesting.

The recruiter was friendly initially. I was an unlikely fit but then proceeded to give me a shake down on my lack of employment options in the Seattle market at my age.

I cut the interview short and said good bye as the tears began to stream down my face.

I work in recruiting - I'd never do that to a candidate. I might help them think about other internal options within the company or elsewhere but I'd never lay out why they are unemployable at their age of 45 - when I did not know them personally. I might say that they were "a stretch for a role and we'll get back to you", but not the treatment I received here.

I don't think a recruiter has ever made me cry before during an interview and hopefully I have never done that to anyone else.

I believe her intentions were good, but the delivery was not and totally unnecessary. Seattle is a small town.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our product.   1 Answer

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

1st phone interview with recruiter went well. Great natural flow. 2nd phone interview with Hiring Manager, wasn't engaging. Had me on speaker the entire time and asked no questions about my direct experience in AR or Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Why Tableau?   1 Answer
    • What have you done that's been innovative and what made it different?   1 Answer

Senior Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

This specific interview was for the solution integrator partners, senior partner marketing manager role.

My interview process was relatively fast as they were eager to fill the position and I was referred in by a VP. Spoke to the hiring manager and 2 weeks later I was scheduled for 6 hours of interviewing various team members virtually (in one day). Tableau had recently transitioned over to Salesforce systems so we did get wires crossed from time time but for the most part was fairly seamless.

The team members I interviewed with had no idea what duties this role would be fulfilling. In fact, for the most part it seemed like each person I spoke to was more concerned about how I interpreted "solution selling" and not so much on my actual experience and the results I've produced in the past. I do understand this to some degree as it appeared to be a relatively new role managing Solution Integrator partners and since I've been in SAAS partner marketing for over 7 years I know how ambiguous different jobs can be. I also found it strange I had more experience with partner marketing than the managers I interviewed with, combined.

The team members were all generally friendly (kind of bland) with the exception of one who was incredibly rude- dialed in 10 minutes late, was not prepared, didn't look at my resume, Boston based guy with an attitude. As many interviews go, theres typically one person who is more direct, not friendly, etc but this guy was just offensive! He was the main reason I did not want to continue the interview process and I hope Tableau knows better than to put someone so socially challenged in an interview loop.

After the day of interviewing I knew the role wasn't a fit for me and it worked out because Tableau didn't have an offer- they wanted a candidate with more experience with Solution Integrators. The hiring manager also followed up and noted she was sorry it didn't work out and that if there were other roles or contacts at Tableau she could put me in touch with, she would be happy to. I followed up with her about a specific role posted asking for more information on that team and then never heard back! Sad to get that type of wishy washy personality after hours of interviewing. I expected more.

Tableau is not a start up, however; they often attribute their chaos and lack of structure to having a startup mentality. They don't follow up, they don't have processes, but they do have expectations that align with a more corporate structure. I didn't enjoy this interview process and have had plenty of experience with growing organizations, large and small.

Interview Questions

• What does solution selling mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about successful campaigns you did in the past?   Answer Question
    • What kind of partners have you worked with in the past and how are they similar or not similar to Solution integrators?   Answer Question
    • If you had conflicting assignments (internally and externally) and needed to prioritize completing one over the other, which one would you do and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Time waster, connected at Tableau networking event , recruiter reached out to me for open roles . Recruiter was good at communication and updating after interview feedback. I have solved both coding questions in the telephonic interview but was rejected with feedback such as design , mentor ship etc from interviewer which was not even the interview assessment topic during the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions: q1: sort binary array q2: Find the median island size in a single dimensional array   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen covering basic technical troubleshooting skills and terminology. Once brought in for the onsite interview loop, it consisted of two hour-long technical sessions. One was an interactive scenario with an interviewer that focused on your troubleshooting thought process. The second was a written survey asking general technical definitions and questions on a range of topics, from databases to operating systems to networking. Afterward there was a half-hour interview with a manager that focused more on soft skills and your work history. Overall I recommend taking time to brush up on technical concepts before coming in, just to cover all your bases.

Interview Questions

• Person A is experiencing X symptoms with Y system. How would you go about troubleshooting the source of the problem?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

There was an original screening call where they asked me about different types of database software, asked about what a firewall did and asked if I knew what a handful of different http status codes meant. After the phone screening they asked me back for another interview that was 3.5 hours long. Over the course of the interview I met with three different managers, took a written test (on the basics of rdbms and networking with extra credit sections on APIs and Linux), had an oral interview, and did a troubleshooting "lab" with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• For the troubleshooting lab they set up a scenario where Sally got blank results when querying for a part in the application she was using. The application connected to a server, which connected to a database. They asked me to troubleshoot why things weren't working   4 Answers
    • Why might Tableau develop an API and make it available for customers?   3 Answers

Analytics Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

General sequence of interviews: phone call with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager, all day on-site interviews. The phone screens were very relaxed, they asked questions about my work history. The on-site interviews included 5 hour long 1-on-1 interviews, with a solo lunch in the middle (they provided me lunch and I got to eat alone - which was really nice to reengergize). The interviewers all had different styles. There was a technical interview where I whiteboarded SQL and talked about data modeling. At the end of the day, the hiring manager asked me about how I would handle a hypothetical analytics situation. In my opinion they had pretty high technical expectations for a program manager. I did appreciate that they responded and kept me informed throughout the process, even the swift rejection.

Interview Questions

• Easy SQL questions, data modeling, behavioral questions, how you'd gather data and evaluate the success of a hypothetical situation   1 Answer
    • Why Tableau? (all 5 interviewers asked a version of this)   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied for a position at Tableau. We had to reschedule the interview because the person conducting the first interview (Brad) will be out all week. I was told by the recruiter, Tatyana, that the interview will be rescheduled the week the interviewer will return. However, I received an email the following day from Tableau to advise that they will not be moving forward with my application. Talk about utter confusion! I forward the email to the recruiter and never heard back. How unprofessional and rude. Not a good impression for a company to make seeing that I was interested in a career with them. I will definitely be sharing my experience with people whom I know both near and far.

TPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me if I was still interested in the role. I honestly did not remember applying to this job. It was several months ago. The interview was difficult and asked some tough questions. I felt the recruiter was negative from the get go. I should have ended the interview right away because I knew that I was not going to be considered for the job after I explained my career aspirations.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.