Tableau Software Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

3.2

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2020.

Interview

The entire process was extremely long and repetitive. Often the interviewers did not go through the CV and made presumptions by just skimming through it.
    One interviewer (third round) was SEVENTY FIVE mins late and did not apologise. He did not even go through my CV and started asking very basic questions such as - where did you work for a particular employer? which he should have already known since it was all in my CV.
    He kept asked 1 question for 8 mins over and over again to a point where I had to say that "as I mentioned before".
    Very condescending interviewer - reflects very poorly on the organisation.

I was asked to do the Role play presentation - they said I was not proficient enough in Tableau when the recruiter had mentioned that you only need to show your sales skills and we do not expect you to know everything about Tableau. The same guy was very rude during the Role play, I have been working for very big brands but have never met such self-absorbed and condescending interviewers.

SIX rounds and absolutely pathetic experience and honestly, a bullet dodged.

Tech Alliance, APAC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews - a phone screen, a face to face with the hiring manager, a phone call with a peer and a panel inclusive of a strategy presentation.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2020.

Interview

Very by the book, followed an obvious template and did not get too nitpicky on answers and replied. Also open to interviewee asking as many questions as they would like.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask the strengths/weaknesses thing   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2020.

Interview

Well thought out and very organised. All interview questions were logical, mature and valid. Had to go through 8 rounds of course. Lots of fun and being yourself is the only way to get through these.

Interview Questions

• As a leader, examples of challenges and times you have failed.
      Why am I best suited for the job, and why do I want the job.   1 Answer

Customer Renewal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2019.

Interview

1st interview was done by HR which was good and questions asked were relevant. Was invited to have an onsite interview with the hiring manager a week later and this was where the disappointment came. The hiring manager wasn't seem to be professional and also not well prepared to answer my questions. I was told she didn't go through my CV before the interview which I was shock and felt disrespectful.
    No tough questions were asked during the interview as it is not a difficult role being I am well qualified, or too qualified that became a threat.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2018.

Interview

Smooth, regular communications from hiring managers and recruitment team.
    I couldn't get through recruitment CV screen so i got an invitation to attend a recruitment networking event via a recruiter and met the sales leadership and peers from team to get me into the mix.
    Next interview was the next day and then i had 1 week to prepare for the sales role play - which was a really intense but great experience (force to research and learn about the tech, the customers and the mission) and a final with the hiring manager.
    There was an open headcount so the process was smooth and swift.

Interview Questions

• Sales Meeting Role Play questions and objection handling - how is Tableau different?   1 Answer
    • Demo Tableau/ illustrate the value of Tableau   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email from a recruiter about 1-2 weeks later. The phone screening was about 10 minutes long covering the role and my past experience. It went well except for a teeny tiny detail the recruiter missed on my resume that I am graduating in a few months and the vacancy needed a candidate who could start immediately. Nevertheless, I got invited for an on-site interview with two managers. Did a presentation and was asked pretty standard behavioral/situational questions. It was a good experience overall. Despite some hiccups, I came out of it with a very positive view of Tableau.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2017.

Interview

Extremely comprehensive interview. There is a need to demonstrate product knowledge during the interview. They are very thorough in their hiring process. What they are most looking for is cultural fit within their company.

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy process. 5 phone interviews and a panel/demo presentation. My takeaway from this process is no matter how good you are or how good the feedback is from the other interviewers, if one of the decision makers do not like you, it is a waste of time. I was told that the feedback from the other interviewers were very good. However, one of the interviewers was very negative and confrontational even from the first phone interview. It got even worse during the panel/demo where this person asked me questions that cornered me so that I can never respond with a good answer. Even the other panelists commented on why was that person so tough that day. I was asked dumb questions like "do you think you'll get bored with this job?". DUH, first of all how would I know I even haven't started. Second, assuming I would get bored with the job do you think I would say YES during the interview process?? This person also commented on why I didn't approach him/her (for the second time) during a recruiting event when all other candidates were all over him/her. My god, what an arrogant power tripping person. 2 weeks after the panel/demo I never heard from them despite a few follow up emails. I am so glad I took another offer. I would not work for a company like this who set very bad impressions from the get go.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll get bored with this job?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

Sent CV to recruiter via Linkedin to the recruiter. I got a reply within 5 days asking to arrange a phone interview. Started off with some very basic questions but the recruiter asked how would I feel that the organisation does not offer a relocation package. At this point it threw me off and I don't know how they would expect me to hit the ground running without any support. The interview ended saying they will be in touch but never heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.