Tableau Software Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tableau Software

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied via employee referral, the recruiter missed our initial scheduled call with no heads up or followup email after. Then after our phone call proceeded, originally said he'd get back to me by the end of the week, but never heard back from him, not even a generic or automated rejection letter regardless of sending him an email to followup after. Have absolutely no respect for candidate's time or just no respect for candidates in general.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

They call me asking about my background, if I am comfortable writing codes, how is my experience doing tests. I had a chance to answer everything with details and after I could ask questions about the position and the company. The interview took about 20 minutes and the conversation was really suitable.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2019.

Interview

An employee referral got me a 10-minute phone screen which was followed with a 25-minute online coding interview with a Senior Engineer. There were supposed to be 2 in person whiteboarding interviews after this stage but I was rejected after the online coding interview.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Final round was three 45-minute technical questions. Whiteboarding first, then questions about experience. Coding problems were array, string or hashing related, supplemented by providing test cases after implementing the solution. Pretty straight-forward, although not much feedback was given after the interview.

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with their recruitment team at a University Tech Fair. Recruiter was amazing and personable, but more importantly very attuned to recognizing talent beyond a GPA, and personality. A lot to say about the type of developer they're looking for.

Was contacted the same day to setup an interview for that week, 45min slot with a high level lead dev. Interviewer was very disarming and relaxing to be around, important when whiteboarding solutions. Was very succinct and well spoken about Tableau and their products, processes, development environment and in communicating my options for development with them. This was followed up by immediate contact to setup the next steps, which were two phone tech-screens a week later.

10mins was typical general interview: what do you know about Tableau, tell me about yourself, tell me about your coding/educational background.

30-40mins devoted to whiteboarding simple abstract problem, focus on first a solution abstractly, then coding on the whiteboard, then testing ideas and proving runability.

Interview Questions

• Given an input stream of Doubles representing Stock Market prices, over a set interval, determine the best Buy/Sell points over that given interval.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.