TalkTalk Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TalkTalk Group

2.7

Head of Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (London, England).

Interview

started with a full run through of existing CV. Then what in your experience you feel will be relevant for the new role. Then there was about 5-6 competency based questions to better understand suitability for role before finishing off with a presentation on the first 3 months in the role. Ended the session with Q&A and the whole process lasted 90 minutes

Interview Questions

• What would you do within the first 30/60/90 days in the role   1 Answer

Head of Commercial Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I usually don’t write reviews especially if the outcome is unsuccessful because in the lens of the interviewer in question this is just another classic example of a disgruntled applicant writing bad review because of unsuccessful job prospect. So to avoid this common hasty conclusion, I am going to be very objective and will be discussing only fact-based. Needless to say if there are commentaries that reflect my opinion, it will be indicated accordingly.

It all began with an internal recruiter contacting me via email on regard to a new position that became available. We exchanged availabilities and agreed that she would call me 1 PM. I waited for an hour, and Recruiter never called me. I even wrote her an email saying that I am waiting for her call and how excited I am to discuss the opportunity. But she didn’t even managed to reply to that email that she can’t make it . I would accept emergencies as it's what the dynamics of any businesses, but to ignore a candidate is in my opinion, a plain absent of professional etiquette.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt and proceeded to give her a nudge 2 days later. Luckily this time she replied, and we agreed a time that we can speak over the phone. A call lasted for 15 minutes mainly introductory about the role and the reason it existed. Accordingly the role existed given retention issues with existing senior finance managers and to create a succession plan for the existing SFM's to be become "Head of".
     The rationale seems valid to me although as part of my professional skepticism, a question arose in my mind, If the role is to deter attrition isn't it wiser to promote from within? To really ascertain the employer's willingness to hire externally I asked if they could kindly cover my travel costs. I am normally domiciled in Germany, but I was happy to at least cover the cost from Germany to UK and have TalkTalk cover the cost from London to Manchester . Again the Recruiter promised that she will get back to me but never contacted me again. To note, she explicitly mentioned in an email that she would get back to me on this subject.

Fast forward- now comes the f2f interview with 2 finance directors. First of all I was also expecting a third person which is the CFO of consumer but that person did not turn up in the interview. Talktalk gave me yet another surprise. I was aware that there were two openings available, one sitting in Technology and the other in Consumer. The titles are more or less the same Head of roles but the recruiter only shared the JD of the latter for which I had prepared substantially. After waiting for 2 minutes outside I was invited into the interview room only to be told that I will be interviewed for two roles at this time. Two roles with absolutely different responsibilities, one of which I had no clue on its roles and responsibilities but will be interviewed for both anyway.

I can’t blame myself if I underperformed in the interview as it was extremely confusing to Pitch yourself on two different roles with absolutely different competencies. To be specific one is managing cost and investment cases to underpin technology investments while the other is managing the commercial element. I challenge the reader to Imagine pitching yourself to these two different roles at the same time and taken into account that you are only told of the other's roles and responsibilities detail onsite. It was tough. I left the site feeling horrible I knew it was not appropriate so I did a quick check, and indeed I found online that it is not a standard business etiquette to interview a candidate for two different roles at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself for 15 minunites   1 Answer

2 Mar 2020 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to find out a little more if you wouldn't mind dropping me a note please - Lee.Harding@TalkTalkplc.com

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England).

Interview

After 2 face to face interviews, numerical and reasoning tests never got back to me even CV chasing by phone and email up to 10 times. No decency in getting back to people

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

26 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Firstly thank you for the above feedback, and secondly I'm so sorry to hear that this has been your experience of interviewing with us. I'd like to get more detail if you don't mind, this type of experience isn't something we aspire to create, far from it. Would you mind dropping me an email please - Lee.Harding@talktalkplc.com

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Internal recruiter for TalkTalk contacted me on LinkedIn and arranged a phone interview. As the phone interview was due to

start I got a message asking could we re-schedule as something came up. I said yes, let me know when is best.

Didn't hear back until a week later when I was at the airport. I said I was about to go on holiday but to contact me upon

my return.

Didn't hear back until around a month later when he contacted me again (they'd clearly interviewed candidates that they

didn't want and were looking again). We arranged an interview.

Got a call from the internal recruiter 5 days before the interview, asking if I could take an assessment to gauge my skills

that he would e-mail to me that day. Didn't receive the assessment and chased him up and was told it doesn't matter.

Went in for the interview which was the only positive part. The reception staff were friendly as were the people

interviewing. Asked me some questions and then took me on a tour of the building. Was told i'd hear back very soon. Only issue with the interview was, we were kicked out of the room after an hour and had to continue the interview in the open-plan office amongst other conversations.

The next day I got a bizzare call from the internal recruiter. I thought this would be my feedback but he just asked how it

went and whether the role sounded like something I would be interested in. I said yes and he told me he was about to go

into a meeting with the person who interviewed me and would give me a ring back in half an hour. Didn't hear back for the

rest of the day despite me trying to get in contact. Surely it would make sense to speak to the person recruiting before

contacting me?

The next four days were spent chasing up this recruiter for feedback. Five days after the interview I was finally told I didn't get the job as I just didn't 'click' with the interviewer. I found this very odd as most of my answers during the interview were met with 'thats just what we're looking for in this role' and the interview went half an hour over the alloted one hour interview time. I would have appreciated some honest feedback, but this seemed like a copout to me. Not sure if there were budget issues for the role or politically, somebody internal was selected for the role but I would've appreciated some honest, tangible feedback.

Wouldn't even entertain any roles from here in the future just based on my experience with the internal receruitment team

alone.

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

22 Oct 2019 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

exploratory phone conversation, face to face interview with two members of the team then a final shorter interview with the Head of Talent Acquisition. Process was quick and pain free unlike other interviews I've had

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to manage a difficult situation with a stakeholder   Answer Question

Junior Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview to discuss about my experience. I was told that if successful you may get a face to face interview and its about the competency questions.

Interview Questions

• About my experience in testing and about talk talk   1 Answer

Software Delivery Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Started off with a brief chat with the in-house recruiter who was very difficult to get hold of. Back and forth for a number of weeks before even being able to secure a telephone interview. Brief telephone interview with hiring manager which lasted less than 5 minutes. Didn't explain anything about the company or the role. Moved forward to a face to face interview. Very unprofessional staff, kept me waiting nearly an hour before even seeing me for an interview. Wen over some generic questions which I found very straight forward. They they went AWOL. No feedback for around a month or so despite me chasing the recruiter and hiring managers on Linked In. When they finally did get back to me they said the role was now on hold and that I didn't even have the relevant experience in running a team (I run 4+ teams in my current role so not sure if the recruiter had a falling out with his missus the day before or something?)

The hiring managers seem like they dont know what they want and the in house recruiter who I believe is based in London and recruiting for Manchester roles seems very incompetent.

Overall a very unprofessional company and I would avoid.

As a hiring manager myself its only fair to give candidates closure as soon as you can after the interview. Keeping someone waiting for a month or so is very unprofessional and reflects badly on a supposedly corporate company the size of TalkTalk. Overall the salary isn't as competitive as elsewhere either. Save your time and apply elsewhere!

Interview Questions

• General high level things on my previous experience. The hiring manager didn't seem to have the in depth knowledge of the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application online and this was followed by a telephone pre-screen with the in house recruitment team. I was then invited in for an interview which was competency based . Interviewer was professional and courteous but the organisational fit wasn't right for me

Executive Complaint Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Salford, North West England, England) in July 2018.

Interview

1) Initially applied online through their Workday website where they have the job postings.
    2) Telephone interview by a recruiter
    3) In-person interview with 2 managers
    4) Received offer a week after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Over the phone:

- Why would you like to work for TalkTalk/what do you know about TalkTalk   Answer Question
    • - Tell us about a time you had to go the extra mile for a customer   Answer Question
    • Briefly tell us about your past roles and experiences going through your resume   Answer Question

12 Nov 2018 – Talent Acquisition Strategy Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review our interview process. I am really glad that you had a positive experience and hope you are now enjoying your role!

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online through the Talktalk website, there was then an initial phone call with HR. Then came into the Manchester Office for an informal meeting with Director that lasted about an hour. Very informal interview and very relaxed. Only negative because they changed their mind on location after the interview so the job never actually existed in Manchester as they wanted it in London so bit of a waste of time in the end.

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

15 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Strategy Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review your experience. I am really sorry that the location was changed AFTER you'd been through the process. This is clearly not how we want to operate and apologise that you felt your time was wasted. I wish you all the best in your search for your next challenge.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.