TalkTalk Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TalkTalk Group Interview Questions

Interviews at TalkTalk Group

2.8

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online through the Talktalk website, there was then an initial phone call with HR. Then came into the Manchester Office for an informal meeting with Director that lasted about an hour. Very informal interview and very relaxed. Only negative because they changed their mind on location after the interview so the job never actually existed in Manchester as they wanted it in London so bit of a waste of time in the end.

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

15 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Strategy Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review your experience. I am really sorry that the location was changed AFTER you'd been through the process. This is clearly not how we want to operate and apologise that you felt your time was wasted. I wish you all the best in your search for your next challenge.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Salford, North West England, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Chaotic, interview cancelled and reorganised several times. I was kept waiting for over an hour after it was due to start. I had to chase Recruitment continuously for feedback. They told me it wasn't their job to provide feedback, it was the hiring manager's responsibility. Rubbish!

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Service Delivery Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Salford, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

15-20 minute phone interview followed by a 2 hour, face-to-face, on site interview; one hour of competency based questions and one hour talking to a 30-60-90 Day Plan of would you'd look to do if hired. Each hour was with two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard STAR questions but it was clear very quickly that none of the four interviewers had any interview training.   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

The process for the first interview was great when I met the recruitment team. I was successful in securing a second interview which went well, or so I thought.
    I met with one of the directors who I would be assisting and had an hour meeting with him. He mentioned that he would be in touch shortly, to this day I never received any feedback following my interview, nothing what so ever. Considering I had gone to two of their offices on two separate occasions I find this a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

24 Aug 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thanks for taking your time out to share your experience. It is very clear we did not meet your expectations throughout this process on this occasion.

We strive to ensure a positive experience and introduction our business. I am surprised to hear your experience wasn't a positive one. I would welcome a chance to talk in more detail, ensuring this doesn’t happen again.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

First, a telephone interview with Wiser Graduates, then a face-to-face interview at Wiser offices and lastly assessment center at TalkTalk Office. The assessment day involved an introduction, group task, coding test and a face-to-face interview with one of TalkTalk employee.

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

6 Sep 2017 – Resourcing Operations Manager

Congratulations on securing your new role!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad you had a positive recruitment experience. Good luck in the role

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

Interview

Telephone Interview with Wiser Graduates, face to face with Wiser, Assessment Centre @ TalkTalk Office which involved an introduction, Group Exercise, Coding test and face to face interview with TalkTalk employee

Interview Questions

• Could you give an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer? (customer could also include a product owner)   Answer Question

6 Sep 2017 – Resourcing Operations Manager

Welcome on board! I am really glad that you had a positive recruitment experience and am looking forward to hearing about how our technology graduate program goes.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Manchester, England).

Interview

First stage telephone screen. Second stage face to face competency interview, exploring experience in more detail. Final stage presentation on 90 day plan. Engaging interviewers, probed my answers and challenged my thinking.

Interview Questions

• How to you ensure you and your team deliver for the business and customers   Answer Question

17 Jul 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thanks for posting a review, i'm glad you had a positive experience and I hope you are enjoying life @ TalkTalk

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Warrington, North West England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole recruitment process was terrible. I was contacted to undertake a telephone interview at a set time that never materialised as the in-house recruitment team never phoned me. I then received a phone call a week later from the recruiting manager asking why I was late to an interview that I didn't know I had. I then attended a hastily put together interview which didn't seem to be very well structured. The 2 interviewers were talking over each other and me, seemingly desperate to ask questions that they were coming up with on the spot.

I didn't perform well in the interview as it was very confusing to understand what they wanted from me or any candidate, but i was told that i would hear back from them within 14 days. However, it is now 3 months down the line and i have still not been given the courtesy of a response despite numerous emails direct to the manager. I knew as soon as i had left the interview room that i had not performed very well and did not expect to get the role but it would have been nice if they had actually taken a second to let candidates know how they did and to provide feedback.

All in all a terrible experience that i wish i hadn't wasted my time on.

Interview Questions

TalkTalk Group Response

8 Aug 2017 – Resourcing Operations Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like we really didn’t meet either your or our expectations, and for that I am really sorry. The majority of candidates have a totally opposite experience, so I’m glad you have highlighted where we can improve. I’d welcome the chance to talk in more detail so that I can ensure this doesn’t happen again.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two stages to the interview process. The first was a typical interview going through my CV. This took place 1-1 with the person who would have been my supervisor.

After successfully passing that stage, I was sent a task to perform, one which you would reasonably be expected to do if you were offered the job, and then present back to members of the team.

Credit Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TalkTalk Group (Warrington, North West England, England) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview, TalentQ - face to face - phone interview with potential manager too - then meeting with Snior controller and two current managers and then a walk around the building