Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Target

11,004 Interview Reviews

2.6

Consumables Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Fond du Lac, WI (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

it was a four part interview process starting with my team lead then to the ETL,STL, and finally HRBP it was a week long task that had plenty of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tim ewhen you had mutiple things to do in a short period of time, what did you do.   9 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. Then I was invited back to me with three other people from the team. I also had to do an online test which consisted of an IQ and personality test. The test was hard and many people that I spoke with agreed that the test was tricky and they didn't think they would be hired.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview of basic questions with a recruiter. Contaced a couple of days later to schedule an interview. Had 24 hours to complete a personality and IQ type test. Interview consisted of 3 groups of people. Took about 2 hours total. STAR format questions/answers. Was contacted a week later via phone by the recruiter that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation   2 Answers

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on the website for the position and scheduled a phone interview within a week of submitting. The lady who interviewed me asked some behavioral questions about prior work or school experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with an authority figure, how did you resolve it   3 Answers

Overnight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Phone interview, and two in person interviews. Process took about 2 weeks. An offer was made after the third interview. Started working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are predictable.   2 Answers

Negotiation

You take what they offer, or you don't work.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized and rushed. They asked some personality question. When I told them what I applied for they seemed to be confused. Told them I wanted to be overnight and they were interviewing me for the sales floor and cashier.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in x situation?   2 Answers

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Largo, MD (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took a really long time. There were three interviews that I had to do - a Team Leader, the Team Leader that would be supervising me, and the Store Team Leader. What took so long was working around everybody's schedules. I found myself frequently calling back in order to "remind" them that I was waiting for an interview. It helped knowing the names of the people in HR in order to get directly to them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something, and what you did about it?   1 Answer

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

You can only apply online; either at home or store kiosk. They will call you to set up an interview time consistent with the position you are seeking; i.e. day interview for day job and night time (after 7pm-ish) for overnight positions. You'll meet with a Team Member who will provide paperwork and testing. Then another Team Member for a quick series of questions. Finally, a Team Lead will ask the very same questions the TM asked. You may or may not be offered a position on-the-spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me a time when you had to work with someone else to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existant

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

A series of predetermined questions for manager to determine if you're right for the job. If you answered them adequately was up to the interviewing manager (Team Lead) for what ever department you are being hired to decides you are a good candidate you are then escalated to the Executive Team Lead to interview you further. The Executive Team Lead asks you more questions about past workplaces and your reasons for leaving previous jobs if you have and why you applied at target. After you go through that line of questioning you are escalated to the human resources manager. Human resources tells you your start date pending you pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you encounter a problem in the workplace.   2 Answers

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (North Wales, PA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Began by applying online and within days an email asked if I would want to speak about the opportunities. I replied by email and was told to call to schedule an appointment for a phone interview.

The phone interview went smoothly with a friendly overnight manager. He asked a few situational and behavioral questions and my availability. Immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview a couple days later.

I arrived 10 minutes early and wore dress clothes with a tie. I was told to wait in the break room and waited 30 minutes over of the scheduled appointment time. The interview was shorter than my phone interview and only had a couple more situational and behavioral questions. I got an email days later saying I was no longer considered for the position.

My best guess why I didn't get the position is either because, I told them I had to cut my days for college to only weekends after summer or since I had no job experience. But job experience usually isn't a problem for target.

Interview Questions

• A time you stood up to a superior   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.