Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Target

11,388 Interview Reviews

2.6

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

There was two interviews. The first one was just some basic questions like why do you want to apply for our company. The 2nd one was more advanced questions like behavioral STAR questions.

Guest Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Setauket, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (South Setauket, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online and offered an interview two days later via email. Brief interview - maybe twenty minutes at most with who I'm assuming was a manager. I'm aware Target typically conducts several interviews but this was my only one as they were urgently hiring seasonal employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you have ever successfully sold an idea or product to a manager/guest/co-worker   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Referred by a current store director. Great phone interview with the recruiter. Set up for an interview with a different store director quickly. Clearly gave me a courtesy interview of 3 questions, but she told me I’d hear from the DM that week.
    Next morning I received a rejection email from the recruiter. I appreciated the opportunity to interview, but the mixed messages did not leave a good impression with someone whose entire family are dedicated customers.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled an employee that wasn’t performing to standards?   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Long and they had me driving all over the city. The last interview took me over an hour to get to. Not only that the Lady the interviewed me was late and you could tell did not want to be there. We went into a room she throw her bag on the flow then got frustrated that she needed to grab the folder out of it that had my information in it. Not even two questions in you could tell she just was not paying attention. I interviewed with three other people prior to this that all said they would love for me to join their team and then this lady didn't even want to spend a minute to do her job. Major waste of my time and effort. Move one, they are not worth it. After the interview I had a chance to talk to some people that actually work there. Now I am actually happy I didn't get the job, they had nothing nice to say about the company.

ETL Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met at a job fair at my university. Scheduled an interview over the phone with a recruiter, then interviewed in store with a HRBP. After that, I got a call from the recruiter offering me the position less than a week later. Good process.

Associate Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about one week later to set up a phone interview with someone in recruitment. After my phone interview I was asked to come in for a tour and three separate in-person interviews with two technical designers and the hiring manager. Interviews were very average and highly revolved around Target's four desired behaviors: be accountable, be bold, be creative, and be one team.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you used engineering outside of your job or school?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online and got back online. I was told to make an account and then see when my interview date and time was. It was very fast, don't have to dress too nice, they really advocate for diversity and it was a nice environment

Style Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

STAR based questions (situational, task, action, result). They really wanted to know how you would handle certain situations with guests, because the whole role is basically assisting guests in clothing options. On the other hand you do a lot of refilling tables and putting merchandise on the floor.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lincoln, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online on Target careers website and received an call within that same week to come in the next day for an interview. The interview wasn’t bad and I was told that I’ll be called in for a second interview. A week later I came in for a second interview and was told that I received the job and will be scheduled orientation after my back ground screening process goes through.

Interview Questions

• If a product that a customer wanted was no longer available in stock at the store what would you do?   19 Answers

Team Member Interview

Interview

I had 2 interview
    the firs one was pretty easy the second one was a little challenging and they asked more details
    Interviewers are nice and there is good atmosphere

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.