Tata Steel Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tata Steel Europe Interview Questions

Interviews at Tata Steel Europe

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe in June 2020.

Interview

- shortlisting using CVs.
    - presentation to make on given topic which has to be presented during video call interview
    -video call interview via Microsoft Teams for approx. 60 to 90 mins
    - graduate opportunity was offered after one month.

Interview Questions

• Regarding feedback control systems   Answer Question
    • What is transformers, types of transformers, purpose, type of transformers based on its cooling methods,etc   Answer Question
    • Motors And generators related question. How to varry speed, how to check speed?etc   Answer Question
    • various basic electrical knowledge like what is electric flux, asked the meaning of different electrical symbols   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed at Tata Steel Europe. Took more than 4 weeks for the process. Interview was challenging. liked the interview and the hiring process. Panelists were very talented people.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wednesfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Wednesfield, England) in August 2019.

Interview

There was first a Competency based interview with line manager and future coworker and further down the line a more informal chat with line manager and commercial director in order to get to know me better and clarify questions from first interview.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interviews. Give me an example of when you went beyond your job title. Example of when you thought outside the box to solve a problem, example of upselling a product   1 Answer

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Talbot, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Port Talbot, Wales) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied through Tata Steel Europe website. They called me to arrange an interview at Port Talbot one month prior. One week before the interview they sent me an email with all the information I needed to prepare. They asked me to make a presentation on Energy Neutral Buildings. On their email they included 5 questions that I had to cover on my presentation. I was interviewed by 2 people. The presentation had to be 6 slides and you have 10 minutes to present it. Then they will ask you questions on your presentation. After the presentation questions they will ask you questions randomly about you and the company. Be sure to research what they do at the specific location you applied to. Also make sure you know what Tata steel does and what Tata Group is in general. After those questions we moved on the technical questions. Make sure you revised before you go!!! They asked me a lot of questions on motors and control systems. On motors they showed me a picture of a machine and they asked me to indicate what components I see. I pointed out the motors and then they asked me what type of motors they are and how they work. So be sure to study about motors in general because they might show you different pictures. Then they showed me the control diagram of the system on the previous picture. They asked me to explain how it works and general questions on control systems. Don't panic!!!! In overall the interview was easy!!! Just study before you go. Even if you dont know the answers the interviewers will help you!!! They were really nice and friendly and they make you feel comfortable. Also remember to prepare your own questions!!! It is really important to ask questions at the end!!!

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe.

Interview

Dull and uninviting. Upon applying online at their website, I received a request for a Skype telecom, indicating it'd be a competency based type interview of up to an hour. Happy days I thought, but from there on it got "complicated". I didn't receive any notification of who I'd be talking to, which I raised as a question to the HR point of contact. I was given two names and no titles, no problem I thought, but they had neither LinkedIn nor any online profile (weird), for which I raised again the query to HR but didn't receive a reply. At the time of the interview, they called me on my mobile, excusing from using Skype due to technical problems. Sound wasn't clear but I could live with that as I was interested in the position. No question whatsoever competency-based, and one of them (the other remained silent for most of the time, other than the initial greeting) only asked me to detail my background and HSE experience. They told me they were assessing other candidates and would be in touch in a week time (interview was on a Friday). I received then an e-mail form a different HR person requesting some extra time and that they'd be in touch in further week (therefore, two from the time of the interview). And then, silence. After that week (third) I kindly requested a reply, but I got silence, then a week later (fourth) I raised the query with the guys that interviewed me (didn't have their e-mails but were not difficult to guess as name.surname(at)tatasteeleurope.com, and their server didn't bounce them back hence they received them). It'd have been nice some manners and a formal reply, but it's clear it is not the case.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe.

Interview

Introduction to the department, function within the department. Typical interview questions. Typically 2/3 rounds of interview. First interview with HR and hiring manager. Second interview with higher manager. Third interview with Process Engineers

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2018.

Interview

Less formal, informational interview with HR and hiring manger; and then a second interview with HR, hiring manger, general manager and potential co-worker. All interviewers were very nice and easy to get along with. Entire process was rewarding but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• project financial modelling, Agile methodoly and others   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in IJmuiden (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (IJmuiden (Netherlands)) in September 2017.

Interview

First a CV and cover letter check, followed by an online assessment that consists of three tests: Numerical, Logical (like a standard IQ test) and Reading. After this came an interview with the recruitment manager and a corporate recruiter. After this, an tour around the industrial area by an Young Professional, and afterwards an interview with a financial controller. This is where I dropped out due to insufficient accounting experience, but otherwise this would be followed by an interview with 2 CFOs.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the following years?   1 Answer

Business Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in IJmuiden (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (IJmuiden (Netherlands)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview has a personal part about your strength and weaknesses and a capacity test part, in which they test your numeric and reading skills. Also, you need to prepare a pitch about yourself and the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Steel Europe (Wolverhampton, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I've got a call inviting me to an interview and had a week to prepare. They emailed all the necessary information. Had to prepare a presentation about a project or work experience and was asked questions after. The interviewers were easy to talk to and were very talkative. Felt like it almost wasn't an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you are proud of and how you prepared for it?   1 Answer
    • What do we do at this location exactly?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.