Tate & Lyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager-HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Submit CV, initial chats with some potential peers, then some formal interviews with stakeholders and team. Relaxed style but felt they really got to know me and check out my fit for the business and the role. Got the opportunity to see the offices.

Interview Questions

• Examples of bringing innovation into the area I work in   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Standard phone interview followed by an onsite interview. The onsite experience was very disappointing as was the lack of any response following the interview. The lack of respect that was displayed during and after the interview was disappointing. Steer clear!

Scp Design Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Everything was going . They set up few phone interviews before I was called onsite .

The arrangement was very professional as I was out of state they had a good hotel and flight arrangement.

When i went onsite HR was the first to interview
    He made it clear my role is in the IS department and almost 30 people have left in last 6 months .

The Business folks who interviewed me were great and asked really good questions.

But the IT department including the Manager I was reporting all felt so stupid that I was like how can I even think of working at this place .

They did not even revert after the interview.
    A total waste of my time .

Interview Questions

• Levels of engagement in S & OP process at your organization   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter less then a week later to set up an in person interview. During that interview, I was on site for around 4 hours and met with 6 different people within the department. Everyone asked me different questions, which was nice so I wasn't repeating the same thing the whole time. It also felt more like a conversation rather then just having questions fired at me. I was given a tour and showed the work area I would be in. Everyone was very nice, and answered all my questions as well. 3 days after my interview, I got an offer. The offer was contingent on a background check and drug screen, which was also a smooth process.
    The whole process was very smooth and well organized.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Decatur, IL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online human resources emailed and set up a phone interview after phone interview did not hear anythibg for three weeks. Finally got an email that they went with another candidate

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudon, TN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Loudon, TN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 different sessions of interviews (30 min each) and a plant tour. I was not impressed with this process. They never even gave me a response even after I reached out for an answer and told them I had another offer and needed to know. The engineers seemed overwhelmed, and they mentioned that it was difficult for them to get help even when they asked (they had only been there a year). I was told they want someone who can be thrown in and seen if they could "sink or swim" which seemed very dangerous for a new engineer at a chemical plant and wouldn't allow much opportunity to learn the process.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the voltage of the wall outlet? Distance between beams inside the wall? Voltage in car battery?   Answer Question
    • Q. Basic STAR interview questions for some   Answer Question
    • Q. Describe how a distillation process works   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then an onsite interview. The people were really professional and respectful.
    They asked questions regarding my resume and background as well as soft skills questions.
    They gave me the offer and I accepted it. I should also mention that the process after accepting offer was really good. They also have really nice HR staffs who will take care of the process after accepting the offer very well.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

4 interview sessions, one technical and the others based primarily on personality. Two interviewers per session. Did not feel overwhelmed by anyone and had plenty of chances to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Terre Haute, IN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite simple. They mainly asked behavioral questions with a few where I had to explain what I would do in a certain situation. Technical questions were limited, but did ask about projects and groups worked with during college.

Interview Questions

• Describe your design experience in college.   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle (Decatur, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was two part interview one on campus after the career fair and then one at a plant location. The plant interview was a day long. It consisted of plant tours and 2 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you trouble shoot a heat exchanger?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tate & Lyle.

Interview

Been interviewed once by the hiring agent and got another phone interview with the plant manager and operations manager. The phone interview was really quick. It lasted 15 minutes. I never heard back from them since then. Been 2 weeks now since no news. Does anyone been through the hiring process? How long does it normally take from phone interview to on site interview?

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.