Interview Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

-Seattle, WA

Amazon

Tell me about a time when you go above and beyond the customer?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

2 Answers

While not looking for any positions at Amazon, an HR person reached out to me via linkedIn and sent me a position which she says a suitable match for me, and requested me to apply. Then, I applied for the position which was Senior Technical Writer. Then, I had 2 phone interviews with both hiring manager and HR person. They requested me to send a writing sample as well, and I did. After this, I had 6 hours of full loop with interviewers. While I was waiting for a final decision, HR person called me and said the hiring manager thought that I am much more a perfect fit for another position that he is supposed to open in 3 months, but he thought that I am a good fit, so he wanted to offer me this new position which is a Content PM role. I asked that if there is any other loop or not, and HR person said there will be only an informational call. We all talked about the salary and the details during this time and I was expecting an official offer after this. A few days later, when I asked in an email that what is the next step, HR person replied that they are planning a mini loop for me (3 interviewers- 3 hours). I was extremely surprised but she claimed that they need to assess my PM skills. During these mini loop, the 3 interviewers was the same 3 in the first loop. They asked a very general questions nothing specific with the PM skills, they are broadly asked "case base" questions which I replied like the same way I did previously. Total experience was very time consuming and without and feedback at the end. I will never ever apply any positions at Amazon again. I requested them to remove my resume from their database and find new graduates who have time to watch all the "how Amazon hires" videos on youtube and who pays for consultants to get a job from Amazon. I am totally busy with my existing tasks as a Senior Technical Writer in Telecom Industry.

Anonymous on

As an Amazon employee who interviewed and hired a lot of people here, I've created a guide that has all the questions and winning answers from an Amazonian recruiter perspective. Please check it out at interviewjoy.com/services/interview-process-details/amazon-senior-manager-interview-questions/ . Pls also check the positive feedback at the bottom of that page! Thanks.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.