Tesco Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tesco Ireland Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesco Ireland

1.9

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Took the time and effort to go from outside Dublin out to Dun Laoghaire for an interview. They said they would be in touch. Never heard from them again. The height of bad manners.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience. Why Tesco?   1 Answer

General Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple basic and easy, There wasnt enough questions and the questions that were asked were easy only asking basically about my previous experience in other jobs that i have been in

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy, 2 people interviewed, no HR just manager and supervisor. had to explain my cv my interest in the job, my college experience, working as a team, working with new people, experience with the tesco brand and products, my opinion on all of the products they have available, any interest i had in progression.

Only one interview, they practically told me i had the job at the end of the interview, no technical questions to answer all very easy and not one bit stressful

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wicklow (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Wicklow (Ireland)) in March 2011.

Interview

I filled in an application form I required at higher options in Croke Park in 5th year. I handed it in to the customer service desk in my local store. I then received a call from the Personal Manager (PM) who arranged an interview for two days after the phone call. I arrived at the store 15 minutes prior to the interview. Then two Managers interviewed me (PM and duty manager). The PM asked me questions and the duty manager wrote down the answers. Later that day I got a call to start the next evening.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was struggling with her shopping and had a baby?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland in March 2010.

Interview

I was already employed with the company as a general assistant on a part time basis while I was studying in college. When I finshed my education I was offered a position on the options programme which is for trainne department managers. In order to get on the programme I had complete a one on one interview, give a ten minute presentation and a group exercise. After this I completed my training over the next 5 monthe before I had to complete my sign off interview. This included a one on one interview once more with questions on my training and the business as a whole. I also had to walk a store with a member of the companys regional team and complete a SWOT analysis of that store. Following this I was given a green light to become a department manager with the company.

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Donabate (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Donabate (Ireland)) in June 2014.

Interview

No interview, just simple aptitude test and basic math test just to check you are not complete idiot and do understand basic english language. Interview took recruitment agency with the following induction on a tesco site.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallaght, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Tallaght, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 3 months later asking would I come in for a interview.Got there 10 minutes early and they had me sitting in the staff cafeteria.Went into a small office and wasn’t asked many questions only wanting to know when I was available to work.Told me I would know by the end of the week and never heard from them since.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was face to face, basic interview questions asking what would you do in this situation, when had you to deal with a difficult customer? How did you deal with the situation? 2 man panel interview lasted about 10 mins.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bray, Co. Wicklow (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Bray, Co. Wicklow (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online the process took few days. I got a call from them inviting me to an interview on the next day in the store. I arrived 15 mins before. It was one to one interview and the interviewer was really friendly. It was kind of short, around 10 minutes, so I didn´t have a good feeling.
    She said she will let me know, if I got the job she will call me, if not she will email me.
    I got an email, where they explained that I wasn´t succesful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went too far for a customer   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Galway (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for seasonal work before Christmas (was hired from mid November to the first week of January). I applied online through their website, where there is a series of questions you have to answer mostly with multiple choice answers in a drop down section. The questions are all related to customer service and dealing with people while you are working. After I submitted my application I was contacted within a week for an interview in two days time. The interview was fairly informal, and was with one of the checkout supervisors and the head of HR for the store. They went through my cv with me, and asked me a few questions. They checked that I understood that it was a temporary contract, that might be extended, and they checked that I was fully flexible with my time. I was in and out within fifteen minutes, and was called the next morning to say I'd gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a scenario where you dealt with a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.