Tesco Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tesco Ireland Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesco Ireland

1.9

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Brief interview, all situational based questions.
    All customer focused. Describe a time when...
    What was the outcome?.. etc
    Had a chance to ask questions at the end. Overall a good experience.

Phone Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2020.

Interview

Was called promptly and asked to attend and in-person interview- a bit surprised by the fact that they were still conducting in-person interviews during Corona times. Met with the "team leader" who is solely responsible for choosing the successful candidate. The interview was very informal. Like very very informal. Interviewer was making jokes the whole time and mocking some of the questions they had to ask. I was told I would hear back from them within two days to find out if I was receiving an offer or not. Never got a response. Interviewer was very frank about certain aspects of the job, such as the amount of stock that goes missing (talking 1,000s of euro), how you have to "look busy" or the store managers in Tesco will come and remove you from the phone shop and put you working a different section. I was told that during the lockdown the phone shop was closed but phone store employees are reassigned to different departments to help out.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied on the Tesco careers site, and was called in the days following my interview, asking for me to come to the store for an interview. The interview itself took roughly 15 minutes, and was not very in-depth as I expected. My experience was more than likely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, though.

Interview Questions

• This role involves helping with bringing new deliveries into the store and packing them away in the correct places. Is this something you are comfortable with?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland.

Interview

Applied through Tesco's Careers site, answered the questionnaire and uploaded my CV.
    Didn't get an email back whether or not I passed the initial questionnaire but I did get a call back 4 days later, asking when I would be available for an interview.

I was interviewed in a room with two people, one (the interviewer) and the other person was their to take notes.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2019.

Interview

It was placed in the cafeteria, then called into the office. I was asked the basic interview like questions and asked them one question about Tesco. It was plain and simple.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2018.

Interview

Fairly basic interview, manager had a list of questions which he asked me from an apparent set list. Pretty simple competency based questions. Easy interview with no trick questions and interviewer was very informative.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castlebar (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Castlebar (Ireland)).

Interview

This was for a Christmas job. The job was posted on a jobs website and I applied through the website with my CV and with Tesco's application form. I was called to come in for an interview. The people in the store were nice. I was interviewed by two people - one asking questions and the other writing. They were set questions; "Tell me about a time when...". They then explained that the job would only be for a couple of weeks and they would probably let me go then. They then told me my wage (above minimum). The interview took about 10 minutes and I was about 20 minutes in the store. I declined the offer because I was offered a longer term job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallaght, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Tallaght, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 3 months later asking would I come in for a interview.Got there 10 minutes early and they had me sitting in the staff cafeteria.Went into a small office and wasn’t asked many questions only wanting to know when I was available to work.Told me I would know by the end of the week and never heard from them since.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Galway (Ireland)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online on Indeed, received a phone call within a week and organised an interview for a few days later. Interview was laid back with two of the managers. No hard or tricky questions, just wanted to know what experience I had with customer service. One of the managers rang me the next day to offer me the job, and I started a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you any customer service experience? how would you deal with a angry customer?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesco Ireland (Dún Laoghaire (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Took the time and effort to go from outside Dublin out to Dun Laoghaire for an interview. They said they would be in touch. Never heard from them again. The height of bad manners.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience. Why Tesco?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.