Tesco Tesco Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tesco Tesco Delivery Driver Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Dumfries, Scotland) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the online application form before waiting around 2 weeks to be invited to an interview within the local store. The interview was pretty straightforward, a section of questions surrounding what you would do in given situations! Pretty straightforward, they are looking for the obvious answers. Even though this is a delivery job they still expect you to be friendly and approachable with the customers- therefore there are a few questions on 'can you tell me about a time you went the extra mile for the customer' things like that! The second part of this interview involved being given a map of the local area and indicating the best route to take when given the parameters! Be careful of one way streets etc- just take your time! If you get through this interview you will be invited to do a driving test with them! This is to check your driving ability and confidence, treat it like your first driving test, especially watch out for clipping kerbs!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tesco

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tesco (Ballymena, Northern Ireland) in October 2017.

Interview

Website for hiring was a bit temperamental and screened me out quite a few times but after an email to Tesco it was resolved and I was invited for interview. Interview was approx 2 hours long with a few questions and then just general chit chat, I felt very at ease the whole time, I was taken to have a look at the van then interview was over. I was called later that day with job offer

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for tesco   1 Answer

Tesco Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesco (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was in 2 parts. The first was essentially a 15 minute chat. If turned up in a suit, and after a quick conversation was told that I'd passed the interview phase.

Next was a driving assessment. Two weeks later I was given a date and a 2 hour time slot. My actual assessment was 3 weeks after the interview. Just as a side not the van is an automatic.

My assessment was a bit bizarre. The assessor insisted on listening to classical music, and talking constantly throughout. He was very late at giving instructions (turn left etc). I had to prompt him several times. This put me in the situation where I was often in the wrong lane etc. Not a big deal, just annoying considering you're on a test. The timing for me was pretty bad as it was during rush hour in a busy town. I found the van easy to drive but felt that I was cautious. I stuck religiously to the speed limit and made sure I was obvious when looking at mirrors. The only real tricky parts were a bay park and a reverse around a corner. The assessment went without any incidents. I came away feeling positive.

About a week later I had a call to say that I had failed. The reasons they gave were that I was speeding, that I mounted the curb and that I didn't check my mirrors. None of this was an accurate reflection of how my test went. I asked them to check if they had mixed me up with someone else. I never received a response.

Tesco Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tesco in March 2018.

Interview

Get invited for an interview, mine was a 1on1. If you pass the interview stage you are invited to take a driving assessment. My assessment took an hour long and it consisted of taking the van, which was an automatic, around the local area, while stopping briefly to perform certain manoeuvres, and then returning to Tesco where I was then offered the Job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you dealt with it?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time where you worked well in a team?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you delivered excellent customer service?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you went the extra mile for a customer?   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.