Tesla Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,027 of over 2,027.0 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone call with hiring manager. After that, did a coding assessment. Got another phone interview after passing assessment. If passed, probably a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions, some technical.
    1 Answer
10 people found this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Two rounds of typical software engineering coding questions. Both interviewers were unfriendly and second interviewer refused to give any collaboration besides saying "think about all the data structures and algorithms you know" and looking off screen the entire time. I've done a lot of leetcode style interviews and Tesla by far was the least friendly experience - says a lot about your potential "colleagues". Don't waste your time interviewing with people that are jerks.

3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tesla

Join the conversation on

Personal Investment Chatter

1y

works at

McKinsey & Company

Many of us gained net worth in 2020 by having a stable job and investing in the stock market (some gained a lot by investing in Tesla, ARK etc.). In the meantime, millions of people lost jobs and could not afford rent (and these same people are unlikely to have benefited from the stock market). How do you feel about it? I’m not expecting any “correct answer” as I don’t think there is one correct answer. Just how people actually feel about it

1,215

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Tesla

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

1 technical round and the recruiter said he was gonna get in touch with me in a few days to setup an interview with the Hiring Manager. But then he Ghosted me and never emailed back. I got a reject after 4 months. Worst interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Was recruited on Indeed by a member of the recruitment team. Had a 30 minute phone call with the Senior Recruiter, moved onto two 30 minute interviews with Hiring Manager and Team Lead that coordinator would be supporting. Was not asked a lot of questions about my experience and how it related to the position. Got the feeling they’d already had a particular candidate they liked, but still everyone was professional. Interviews ended within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA)

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter who scheduled me for a 30 minute phone screen. After that she reached out with my resume to a Senior Production Process Engineer in the battery team at Fremont, California and I had a 30 minute technical screening. For the final round they had me do a presentation on my best project. I presented a DMAIC project and they emphasize a lot to have a lot of figures, process optimization tools and also point out what your individual contributions are. I was then interviewed by 5 panel members comprising of Senior Quality Managers, Staff Quality and Staff Process Engineers. I cleared this round and then I was scheduled for a final one to one 30 minute technical interview with the Senior Production Manager of the Battery Team.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on Attribute Gage R&R, austenite and martensitic properties of steel, SPC questions, concepts on Cp, Cpk, t-tests, vision system validation, root cause analysis tools usage, experience with line balancing, mechanical troubleshooting skills for filling machines, experience with programming Keyence vision sensors, questions on SQL joins, usage of Tableau and PFMEA and control plan development experience. I was also asked to pick a process of my choice, talk about process parameters and how I would optimize it, questions on fractional factorial design, resolutions and long term process capability ( Pp, Ppk), inferential questions from ANOVA Minitab tables, questions on steps I would take for an out of spec process, Solidworks experience questions, was asked about a cycle time reduction project, a casting design improvement project, experience with equipment validation and technical writing.
2 people found this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and not too challenging or too easy. First you do a coding problem then you do a phone screen then you do an on site. Typical questions. Check leet code for practice problems

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA)

Interview

I was first contacted via linked in. Then had a phone interview. Where they asked about what I do. Next, they flew me over to Fremont and interviewed with the manager, the senior Controls Engineer, the foreman, and another senior Controls Engineer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how a PID loop works. What parameter do you adjust when the process variable is unable to reach setpoint. How would you go about troubleshooting a PLC problem? Asked me about safety PLCs and what I know about them. What is difference between a permissive and an interlock. I had trouble saying it, and he gave me his answer. He knew that I understood the difference but just didn't know how to put it in words. Overall, great people who are very motivated.
1 person found this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Easy, they accept anyone, so you'll be working with a mix of incompetent people (upper management) or hard working people (your teammates). It helps if you're sleeping or related to someone in Tesla.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

- Recruiter reached out - Had preliminary phone screen. Asked how I would handle a few situations - received information 2 dats later on whether or not I moved to the next round

Interview Questions
  • tell me about your current role experience managing other people?

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

I got the mail in 4 days after I did the online application. The first interview was with Department manager where the quesions were on the motivation to join and other similar questions. Next I was asked to write the online test related to the topic. It was an open book test where the questions were multiple answer type.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Interview questions were standard, about strenghts and weaknesses. It was very informal and it felt like it was improvised on the spot. I first had an interview with the manager and then an interview with someone with the same role. They seemed to be in a rush to hire, because the entire procedure was done within 1 day.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time when you were faced with difficulties at your job and how did you handle it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,027 Interviews