Thales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thales Interview Questions

Interviews at Thales

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly but not excited about the interview. They were doing interviews all around the day. So maybe he is bored. But overall a good experience.
    HR does not reply to your emails. No information about the decision until I received a rejection email one month after the interview.

Software Developer - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR Called, discussion about profile of mine and job requirement
    2. followed by technical interview (30-45min) - via phone
    3. Onsite interview for 3-3 n half hr
    4. After 4-5 days offer was made

HR team is super active. They keep you posted about whats going on, travel detail (each detail about travel - flight, car/cab, food, etc)
    Reimbursement of expense is also very fast and with no problem

Interview Questions

• 1st HR call - only about job profile and my background
      2nd phone call with team - One of team member called and had technical Q lined up. Like fast forward round. C++ and Unix/Linux
      Classes, Constructor - copy vs assignment, virtual mechanism, memory management, thread and related problems with thread management , design pattern (not all but what I have used and examples)
      3rd Onsite - Started with 2 team member in a meeting room with white board = writing program like (n hey syntax does matter)
      a . find number of set bit given +ve no.
      b. reverse linked list
      c. write class and they asked more question building up on it like make a copy constructor, inherit it then manipulate constructor via derived class, etc

Verbal - Linux based Question - commands/script/cron/etc

General question about testing, SCM tools, Agile - roles/duties, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

Had a video interview with two hiring managers looking to fill different positions, about 30 min long. Received a call back later that day with an offer for one of the positions. Overall a pretty casual interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity for inserting an item into a hash map?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Super welcoming director - loved the experience, more of a conversation than anything! Contacted through HR. Incredibly welcoming and interested in why I wanted to partake in the internship opportunity. 2 part interview process

Program Control Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. 3 weeks later was a phone interview. A month later was a panel Interview. Another 3 weeks after before I got the offer. And another 2 weeks for back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Control Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. one panel interview with the program manager and 2 other administrators. Interview was about 2 hours long. Got called back a week later for another interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something went wrong with your program and how did you remedy it?   Answer Question

Customer Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thales (Melbourne, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly, knowledgeable, easy to speak with. Time was taken to learn my specific qualities as they related to the requirements of the position. Very comfortable give and take discussion, interviewer gave the impression she really cared. Concluding the interview was seamless, and the time frame given for a decision was nicely phrased.

Interview Questions

• Where would you look in the program to find a formula to compare spreadsheet figures?   1 Answer

Avionics Bench Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Piscataway, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Tested my knowledge of electronics after handing me a calculator that didn't work, -I passed in spite of that, They asked me about my experience (In which I have over 30 years-22 in the military) the interviewers were very smug and uneasy,- never gave me a tour when I asked.. just overall very rude..

Interview Questions

• several electronics questions   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales.

Interview

Interview process was simple. First one is with hiring manager, second is a panel with the team youd be working wih and third is with HR to access overall behavior and discuss company benefits and the perks of working there. If you get to the last interview with HR, you are pretty much in a good place and should hear back about an offer.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thales (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screening. First on-site interview was panel interview with three different product managers. Second was with one of three managers, another new product manager and director/vp of department. First round was good. Everyone was friendly, and it was only for an hour. Second round was 2 1/2 hour interview. Director was nice, but the product manager I met first time in second round. He did not seem interested in me at the start of interview. He check the time all the time. Second interviewer came in little earlier than she was scheduled so he could leave early with happy face. Beside him, everyone seemed nice, but I can tell they have long hours

Interview Questions

• Experience questions. They want me to walk through them how I want to solve their current problem.   Answer Question