Thames Valley Police Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thames Valley Police Interview Questions

Interviews at Thames Valley Police

3.4

PCSO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police.

Interview

First step is via an online application portal which included a personal statement. If successful at this stage you are invited for a telephone interview. They will call at an agreed date and time. The interview was conducted by two police officers who were previously PCSO's.

Interview Questions

• There are six questions based on the behaviours outlined in the framework.   Answer Question

Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Oxford, England) in September 2020.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable from the first moment.
    10 mins Presentation.
    Questions were mostly technical focusing on the daily responsibilities of the role rather than questions relating to interpersonal skills.

App Support & Software Developer Interview

Interview

The application process took almost 2 months before I heard anything from them, and when they did notify me, they immediately wanted to do an interview. The interview was all about their competency and values framework which made it so difficult because the framework is designed for hiring police officers and not for hiring IT staff or developers, sure some things are applicable but a large chunk of it is just not relevant at all.

It feels like you are assessed mainly on your ability to memorise details and appropriate answer based on their CVF.

The interviewers were very polite and friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you were faced with a difficult situation, and how you dealt with it?   1 Answer

Intelligence Research Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police in June 2019.

Interview

Two interviewers, very friendly and not sticking robotically to a script. Competency questions and scenarios with additional probing as well as some wider discussion about long-term goals and personal interests.

Interview Questions

• What do you think "intelligence" means in the context of this role?   1 Answer

Crime Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police.

Interview

I had to complete a lengthy online application form including approximately ten competency based written answers of 300 words (these were taken from the job description) followed by a 45 minute panel interview consisting of approximately eight marked questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw one of your colleagues speaking to another in a disrespectful manner?   Answer Question

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kidlington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Kidlington, England) in April 2018.

Interview

you have to apply, then go to an assessment day, which consists of typing test have to pass that then two sets of different on line tests, if you pass those then you are invited ot interview, once passed that then a serious of medicals and hearing tests and vetting forms to be completed.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with someone who is screaming and shouting at you?   1 Answer

Digital Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kidlington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Kidlington, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to a face to face interview at HQ. Met with two friendly staff members and had a pretty standard interview. Was then given a brief and some time to prepare some ideas. Then presented my ideas and finished up with a Q&A.

Senior Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Oxford, England).

Interview

Very easy application - all that was asked was to send my CV to the recruitment email box. I was contacted by telephone not long after the closing date and asked to interview. I was offered several time slots over two days, which I could choose from.

Interview Questions

• What is indirect discrimination and provide us with an example?   Answer Question

Digital Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kidlington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Kidlington, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and contacted via email to arrange an intervirw. Had an in-person interview with two staff members (one junior and one senior team member). It was a standard interview plus also given a brief regarding a seasonal awareness campaign. Presented my ideas to the interviewers. I didn't get offered the position however staff were nice and provided constructive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, examples of former projects, how to deal with challenging situations etc.   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thames Valley Police (Oxford, England) in August 2014.

Interview

First of all an online application before a written test and a horrendously rude face to face interview where they aren't interested in you or your skills at all... just to criticise you in every way.

Interview Questions

• Worst mistake I have ever made in my working/personal life. WHO ASKS THAT?!   1 Answer

Didn't like the staff who i'd be working with!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.