Thames Water Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Thames Water

2.9

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England).

Interview

I was interviewed online by two members staff, one who headed up this team (hiring manager) and another who was involved in the creation of the new ‘event management’ strategy.

I had a two hour teams interview, which included three key stages. The first stage involved me presenting “what incident management meant to me”. The second stage had competency based questions and the third involved completing a meeting agenda for managing a crisis scenario- designed, I believe, for the candidate to demonstrate their experience of managing an operational incident.

After completing the interview process, the hiring manager informed me that I would hear within a week. This was well over two months ago. Three chase emails have been sent to Thames’ HR and no answers given. In the end- I withdrew my application and accepted a job elsewhere. Disappointing that even a courtesy “no” wasn’t given- rather, they just re-advertised the role.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in September 2019.

Interview

reasonable skill assessment competence based questions. Ridiculous employment screening for a utility company asking for my accountants details of previous employment. If I knew Security Clearance was required I would not have bothered. It's a gross misuse of position to introduce it after the interview. I question their legal right to demand this private data.

Interview Questions

• We are a complex business, how would you engage people?   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in February 2019.

Interview

When I arrived I was shown to a meeting room where I did a case study for one hour. I was then moved to the adjacent meeting room where I had a one hour competency based interview. The hiring managers were conducting interviews back to back with one candidate doing a case study while another candidate was being interviewed. Given that the hiring managers have been interviewing candidates for the last five months they must have literally interviewed hundreds of candidates. This must beg the question do the hiring managers know what they are doing?

Senior Treasury Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Technical questions about company stats, IFRS knowledge tested, company product knowledge, character assessment. No predefined competency questions. First Interview with Senior Treasury manager and Group Treasurer. Second interview with Head of Corporate Finance. Second interview was formality.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about IFRS9, company stats, products, market factors, valuation, handling pressure.   Answer Question

Graduate Lead to Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then asked to do an online test followed by on online video interview followed by assessment centre. Process only took about three weeks, at assessment centre said they had over 200 applicants which is narrowed down to 60, 15 people in one of four assessment days

Interview Questions

• Group exercise- plan a charity event
      Unknown business exercise- had 30 mins to prep to run a mock meeting in front of one interviewer   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in October 2018.

Interview

First step was a casual chat where the recruiter did not know what role I was there for nor had they read my CV. The second interview was a more formal interview, no meeting room was booked or available so we had to sit in a busy break out area. Very few questions were asked of me and I felt like my time was wasted. I also received no feedback about why I was unsuccessful, overall a very poor experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in September 2018.

Interview

1 hour of competency questions and 1 hour presentation and also an easy group exercise which they use to understand how you work in a team. The presentation was on our idea of what projects we'd be working on. The 1-1 session went super quick and the managers were nice

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do our values mean to you?   Answer Question

Central Functions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in August 2018.

Interview

A face to face interview with a very unprepared manager, who was dis-organised, unprepared and at times distracted and rude. I felt judged by my looks and as such would not suggest anyone with a diverse approach to life bother going to interview.

Interview Questions

• Spent an awful amount of time talking about random information to do with the team and role, and at times I felt was not even interested in my experience or knowledge.   1 Answer

PMO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by a department manager and programme manager in a glass room, they put me at ease and were relaxed and easy to talk to. The questions were not cryptic or trying to catch you out and they were keen to understand how you could find improvements. The offer was quick. However onboarding for gaining equipment took over a month so really let it down.

Interview Questions

• Value could add to the Programme/PMO and what experience had had   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Invited for an interview pretty promptly after application deadline finished. Resourcing staff were really helpful and state everything you need to do for preparation and location etc. 2 members of staff interviewed me, they were really nice and I feel conversation flowed pretty well. The downside was that it took just over 2 weeks to get a response regarding whether I had been successful or not. But I did get detailed feedback about the interview when I asked which I really appreciated

Interview Questions

• Supply a piece of interesting and engaging content on a subject of your choice (no more than 500 words)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.