The Challenge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Challenge

2.8

APM Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Intervie and presention or a group 5
    Tasks depending if you are going for a perminate or tempary role so check. If its a twmport role is 4 hours long so be prepared. There are lots of activities to do there and you arw always been watched.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Challenge (Reading, England) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with a lot less people than other interviews held by the Challenge (other jobs have up to 50 people there) - we had 7 of us. We were given various activities to complete as a group and given scenarios that we had to work our way through. We were also pulled out of the group sessions for a one on one interview with another interviewer. It was a fun day and the interviewers were friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have to help with this job?   Answer Question

Staffing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

To apply you needed to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter specifying why you would suit the role against the dimensions stated in the job description.

There was an interview that lasted an hour as well as a written task of 30 minutes.
    The written task comprised of 4 elements:
    - writing a speech that you would give when recruiting summer staff
    - prioritise a task list
    - the order of email correspondence you would send to potential staff
    - a budgeting problem

Interview Questions

• how would you manage relationships with the summer staff that you are responsible for?   Answer Question
    • what would be a success in your eyes for the summer staff at the end of the programme?   Answer Question

Senior Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. It involved role playing, team presentations, discussing motivation and creating and participating in ice-breakers. The ice-breakers were particularly annoying because many people had similar ones and it didn't look great if you were one of the last to share yours as you would have to repeat what somebody else had already done.

Senior Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Group interview with role playing and team working. It is not stressful as the environment is really positive and welcoming. It is however very intense and tiring as it lasts four hours with very few breaks.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage difficult behaviour?   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure to be respected from young people while developing a friendly rapport?   Answer Question

Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Birmingham, England) in January 2016.

Interview

A fairly long 4 hour interview where you're grouped with 4-5 other candidates and complete various tasks together. Although fairly refreshing and atypical, you're given little to no time to prepare for some of the questions and tasks.
    Although I usually try to stay slightly competitive in group interviews this one was one where there was no need for such an approach - groups are mostly split up so that you're not competing against people for the same role. Try to be as social as possible and do your best to play along in all different scenarios that you're put in.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the difficulties you might expect as part of working for The Challenge?   1 Answer
    • You get grouped in pairs of two and one of you is given the literal role of a practitioner and the other one of a young person that's not behaving accordingly.
      One of the sheets contained a scenario where a kid was supposedly missing out on sessions and smoking in the toilets, so you have to resolve this issue with a one-to-one conversation with the kid.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge in January 2017.

Interview

Individual interview from two managers usually from the team you would work for. Pretty informal and chatty but ask about experience supporting teams. Ask if you know about the NCS programme and your experience working with young people and general administration experience and ability

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a group interview with 7 people and lasted around four hours. We did group activities for the first two hours. These included introducing yourself and saying an interesting fact about yourself, an individual presentation selling something that you are passionate about, a group presentation that we would give to a parents information evening etc. We also had to do a writing task where we were asked to write an email responding to two scenarios, the first was to a parents asking for information and the second was to a young person convincing them to do NCS.

After this the interviewers decided who would stay to have a one-to-one interview and who had not made it to this stage.

The interviews lasted about half an hour so there was a lot of waiting around to be seen. We also had to prepare a presentation but you are given this information in advance so all you have to do is deliver it enthusiastically.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you made a mistake that impacted other people and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing you would change about your personality?   Answer Question

Programmer Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Leeds, England) in February 2016.

Interview

After a successful application, I was invited to a 4 hour group assessment day. I was in a group of around 10 people and we were set tasks such as discussing hypothetical situations that may arise during the job role and how we would handle them, and giving a 2 minute speech about ourselves and our motivations to work on the NCS programme as if we were delivering the speech to 60 young people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you have dealt with challenging behaviour   Answer Question

Programmer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Birmingham, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Meet for a group assessment. You begin by delivering a four minute speech that they have asked you to prepare for the whole group. Then you do role playing activities which vary depending on your role, during which you will be pulled aside for a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you led a team to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.