The Challenge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Sort:

APM Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Intervie and presention or a group 5
    Tasks depending if you are going for a perminate or tempary role so check. If its a twmport role is 4 hours long so be prepared. There are lots of activities to do there and you arw always been watched.

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Challenge (Reading, England) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with a lot less people than other interviews held by the Challenge (other jobs have up to 50 people there) - we had 7 of us. We were given various activities to complete as a group and given scenarios that we had to work our way through. We were also pulled out of the group sessions for a one on one interview with another interviewer. It was a fun day and the interviewers were friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have to help with this job?   Answer Question

Staffing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

To apply you needed to send a copy of your CV and a cover letter specifying why you would suit the role against the dimensions stated in the job description.

There was an interview that lasted an hour as well as a written task of 30 minutes.
    The written task comprised of 4 elements:
    - writing a speech that you would give when recruiting summer staff
    - prioritise a task list
    - the order of email correspondence you would send to potential staff
    - a budgeting problem

Interview Questions

• how would you manage relationships with the summer staff that you are responsible for?   Answer Question
    • what would be a success in your eyes for the summer staff at the end of the programme?   Answer Question

Senior Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward. It involved role playing, team presentations, discussing motivation and creating and participating in ice-breakers. The ice-breakers were particularly annoying because many people had similar ones and it didn't look great if you were one of the last to share yours as you would have to repeat what somebody else had already done.

Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Birmingham, England) in January 2016.

Interview

A fairly long 4 hour interview where you're grouped with 4-5 other candidates and complete various tasks together. Although fairly refreshing and atypical, you're given little to no time to prepare for some of the questions and tasks.
    Although I usually try to stay slightly competitive in group interviews this one was one where there was no need for such an approach - groups are mostly split up so that you're not competing against people for the same role. Try to be as social as possible and do your best to play along in all different scenarios that you're put in.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the difficulties you might expect as part of working for The Challenge?   1 Answer
    • You get grouped in pairs of two and one of you is given the literal role of a practitioner and the other one of a young person that's not behaving accordingly.
      One of the sheets contained a scenario where a kid was supposedly missing out on sessions and smoking in the toilets, so you have to resolve this issue with a one-to-one conversation with the kid.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge in January 2017.

Interview

Individual interview from two managers usually from the team you would work for. Pretty informal and chatty but ask about experience supporting teams. Ask if you know about the NCS programme and your experience working with young people and general administration experience and ability

Programmer Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Leeds, England) in February 2016.

Interview

After a successful application, I was invited to a 4 hour group assessment day. I was in a group of around 10 people and we were set tasks such as discussing hypothetical situations that may arise during the job role and how we would handle them, and giving a 2 minute speech about ourselves and our motivations to work on the NCS programme as if we were delivering the speech to 60 young people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you have dealt with challenging behaviour   Answer Question

Programmer Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (London, England) in February 2017.

Interview

- They were really friendly and put me at ease
    - Lots of role play
    -They really wanted us to be relaxed
    - Most of the people at the assessment had worked for The Challenge before but it was a real mix of people and ages going for the APL and PL positions
    - I found out that I was being offered a role within 5 days
    - I originally applied to be a senior mentor, but owing to my experience and CV they assessed me for the roles of APL and PL, and I was offered Programme Leader

Interview Questions

• -Give an example of when you have dealt with Challenging behaviour   Answer Question
    • - What would you do if a young person told you they didn't want to go home because they were abused?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted to come in for a group assessment. Travelled 20 miles from my hometown to do a group assessment in another city, for a job in my city. The group assessment was OK but i was rushed in the 1-2-1 interview, i dont even know if notes were taken correctly. We did group tasks, then they asked us to give face to face feedback on other candidates performances. The staffing team were helpful and friendly but the recruitment process could miss out skilled candidates as the groups were big and everyone was in competition. So people with great skills could get overlooked by louder competitive not as skilled candidates.

Interview Questions

• Have you done residential work?   1 Answer

Programmer Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Challenge (Birmingham, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Application form followed by an intense assessment centre in groups of around nine. This included lots of role play activities and discussions of how to deal with potential situations, also a lot of prioritising tasks.

Unfortunately they did not contact me to let me know I was successful for the job, I had to contact them twice to find out that i had an offer for a role, due to a computer error, which was very confusing. Even still I have not been sent any information regarding the role.

Interview Questions

• Asked to prioritise a long list of tasks, some time sensitive.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.