The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hershey Company

3.1

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Coffee Chat, 2 rounds of interviews. Round 1 was mostly behavioral, with an industry question. Seemed very interested to know if would be willing to relocate to Pennsylvania. Got the sense some people don't like it.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The Interview was a little bit overwhelming with all of the specific behavioral questions that are hard to prepare for. Other than that, the interviewers were all very friendly and made it an easy conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to make a quick decision-answer should be in STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result)   1 Answer

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2020.

Interview

Very strange phone screening - I was prepared to speak to my background and why I felt I would be a great fit for the role. But when I picked up the phone, the representative immediately told me that it was not a typical interview and that she had no details around most parts of the role. She ran through my resume and confirmed dates I was in each position, asked me for information that I already put into the online job application, and then asked me two general questions about my experience. When I went to ask questions about the role and company - the representative’s answers were extremely vague and without insight. It almost felt that the screening was outsourced.

My background aligned great for this position but after this call, I received an automated rejection a week later. It is worth noting that this was extremely dry and I don’t feel that the interviewer gave me the opportunity to share enough to make a decision about my qualifications in regards to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked cross functionally, how many people were on that team.   Answer Question
    • What is an accomplishment you are most proud of   Answer Question

Trade Promotions Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with the Amplify Snack Brands division of Hershey. Went through the initial step in the process with a phone screen that was very impersonal and far from conversational. I was also not able to get any additional information about the role or company.

About a week later, I had a second interview with the hiring manager that lasted about an hour. Was told I would hear back within a week about his decision, but no one ever reached out. I emailed this individual, along with two other people in HR and no one even bothered to respond. To make things worse, I had to go through the interview process as I fought through COVID symptoms. Ghosting job candidates after they spent 1.5+ hours interviewing with you is so unprofessional. Do better.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with a few technical questions.   Answer Question

Strategy Intern Interview

Interview

First Round, short phone call about interests and information on the role's responsibilities.
    Second/Final Round: Case interview (walk through case with interviewer). About 45 minutes long. Get results within a month

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Very quick and responsive. I connected with them during a career fair and on LinkedIn then got an interview that week and then moved onto the final intervene the following week.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with stress? Do you learn from your mistakes?   Answer Question

R & D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Ithaca, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview itself was very approachable, and mostly behavioral questions. There was one problem solving/scenario question, but it was quite open ended. Don't expect a quick response afterwards though, it took over 2 weeks to hear back.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I found them at a career fair, so we initially talked over my career goals. Then I scheduled a zoom interview with them because of Coronavirus, which happened to be very friendly and enjoyable as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made an important decision and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Staff Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Harrisburg, PA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process seems very fake so far. I don’t know if she worked at Hershey or an independent hr company, or even a scammer. Phone number was registered to New Jersey. She seemed to be asking very generic questions. I just want to know if this was a scam or not. I don’t know how to feel about it.

Interview Questions

• Will you require a visa now or in the future?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. One week later, HR reached out to me for a first round interview. Interview was scheduled for the next week. The interviewer ghosted me- never called. I emailed HR and they rescheduled the interview for a date the next week. I had the interview, and it was a wonderful and informing conversation. But, the interviewer never apologized for ghosting me. 2 weeks after the interview, I was invited back for a second round interview, which consisted of a few difficult behavioral questions and a case study. It took three weeks after the second round to get my decision, which was a rejection that was sent by an automated email. It is quite disrespectful that they sent an automated email rejecting me after two hour long interviews.
    Total process took 8 weeks- way too long.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.