The Home Depot Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and then an interview with the specialty manager and then the store manager. The entire process took about two weeks and everyone involved was really nice. They really tried to promote this concept of Success Sharing as an additional means of income that occurs twice a year but the payouts for most associates was $100-200 dollars and by no means justified not paying commissions or a higher hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They asked about my previous work experience in sales and with appliances. They asked how important customer service was and how I would potentially react with an unruly customer. All the basic retail questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me $10 dollars an hour and told me they were not allowed to go higher. I knew I didn't plan on staying long even though I told them I wanted to be there and take advantage of promotion opportunities, so I accepted that dollar amount. After being hired I did discover that some specialist hired @ the same time as me were started at $12. Oh well!

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lawrence, KS (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

They call you first and you answer automated questions, then they will follow up with a person calling you asking you a few questions. But its really weird because its contracted out so the people asking questions dont have a vested interest. Then you will go in for a interview and they will ask you general questions and work history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasnt really interested in negotiating because its just a part time job while im in school.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

First I applied online and then three months later I got an email the day my application was expiring explaining a phone interview. Called them for my interview by the number directed on the email. Then I talked with the operator and once I was done being asked a few questions, she set up a store interview. Well when I first went to the store I had to wait since the store manager was conducting another interview. Once I went in the store manager introduced himself, very polite and straight forward. We talked about ourselves and then he started asking me questions about. Why home depot and what experience I could apply to the work environment. After that I knew I had originally applied for another position and he told me he wanted to place me in appliance specialist instead with highest entry pay since my attitude and knowledge seemed to be perfect for the position. It went very well and he said congratulations we will see you soon.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?...
      What skills can you apply to working for Home Depot?
      What is your experience with retail?
      How would you deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied on line and followed up. Things have changed in 9 years. I think now a days, someone calls you from the corp office in Atlanta, GA. They choose the location they want to hire you at, even if its not the closest location to your home. there is a drug test you must pass.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sandy, UT (US)).

Interview

I filled out an application online and within a few hours received an email that I would receive a call from the automated service soon. The next day I got a call and went through my availability, and some generic questions that are common sense. I immediately got a 1:1 interview with the store I applied to for a few days down the road.

I arrived early and in business casual clothing for my interview, and asked the clerk and the services station (where I was directed by the first person I spoke to) where I was supposed to go. He pointed to a random area and said that there was an office I was supposed to find magically, and that the interviewer would be there soon... okay, a little unprofessional but whatever. I got lost and eventually asked an associate for help. They walked me back to the manager's office, where I waited for a good 20 minutes before the lady that was interviewing me finally showed. No apologies for the wait, nothing other than sitting in a chair and pulling out my application and some generic questions that were almost identical to the ones over the phone.

Her attitude made it obvious she didn't want to be interviewing me, and she made little to no eye contact throughout the interview. She wrote some of my answers down, but when I glanced at what she was writing, she was barely even trying to keep up. I turned on my charisma and charm, but ultimately had a feeling that this was not going to go as well as expected that I was I was not going to be offered the position.

Lucky me, she decided to offer me the position on the spot. I was told on the phone that starting for an Appliance Associate was $9.75, part of the reason I even applied. However, now they're "reworking" that section and she would hire me on as a cashier. I asked if the pay was the same, and she started getting weird, stating that she didn't know but thought it was $8.70. I explained that I would need to know prior to starting, but that I accepted the position thus far.

Fast forward to her getting really awkward and saying that now she wants me in flooring, but she isn't sure if I have the sales ability, so maybe I will just be a cashier. At this point, I didn't care, I just wanted the freaking job. I said I didn't care what position, and that cashier was fine with me. Finally she told me she'd find a place for me, and gave me the drug test information.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Like stated above, when I asked about pay she got really weird. When called back to officially offer me the position, etc., I will negotiate, especially if they want to start me at $8.70.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

I went to my local store, and filled out home depots application online at their in-store kiosk. Then I talked to the assistant store manager about any open positions in that store. I was referred to a Home Depot hiring expo where I watched presentations, had several interviews. This was a hiring event for the entire Atlanta metro area.

After a week or so I was called by the HR manager for my local store. I was invited into the store and givien three 1:1 interviews. They were very, very basic questions about my availability, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the problem and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • If you saw another employee steal a pack of gum what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. They offer what the corporate package is for that position, take it or leave it.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Alvin, TX (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply online and monitor your email or answer the phone. Initially interviewed by the HR associate/manager. Called back a couple days later to interview with the Assistant Store manager. Offered position at entry level salary. Upon completion of background and drug testing got called in to set up training and first 2 weeks schedule.

Interview Questions

• when selling appliances do you start at the bottom or the top of the price points   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't try to negotiate as I have never sold appliances before. I plan on negotiating a raise soon as I picked up the job very quickly and now lead in sales. Appliances sell themselves.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (The Woodlands, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Contact you by phone and conduct an interview. You then are asked to come in for a face to face interview, and possibly a second then typically offered a job.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you displayed exceptional customer service, what was the result?   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Omaha, NE (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Filled out online questionnaire. Called in for preliminary interview with an assistant manager, returned to interview with store manager and another assistant manager who would be my boss if I were hired.

Interview Questions

• "Can you sell me this pen?"   1 Answer

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

I came in, I sat in a small office with an assistant manager, and basically told me i got the job. It was fairly easy. He asked many questions about previous sales experience and how it relates to the job. Many questions about your selling technique.

Interview Questions

• How do I sell something we don't have   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.