The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Castle Rock, CO (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I was called by a representative from their centrally located HR group in Atlanta. This person did a very brief 4 question interview. They would ask questions such as "describe a situation where you went out of your way to focus on customer service" or "describe a situation where you fostered a team environment to complete a task". I was then called by the local HR rep who scheduled an interview. This interview was with the store operations ASM and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on-site.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you fostered a team environment to solve a complex problem or issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation available.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview in which I answered set questions. It was very broad and just used basically to get in the system. Face to face interview came next and in this the interviewer expected well thought answers and attempted to thoroughly understand my personality and application to the team. A second interview came weeks later in which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about when and how I go above the call of duty were the premise for most of the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Downey, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Received call from store; interview scheduled; arrival at store: not a professional environment (what I thought was HR was an "Coordinator"; interviewed by assistant store manager-he read interview questions from a script and also conducted a scenario of a customer needing assistance to see how I would respond; had to return next day to meet with store manager: quick interview (wait for him was longer) asked a few general questions, including "Why should I hire you?"- was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of all the other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Being able to respond quickly as the "role play" scenario is being conducted   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more when offered - you may not get it- but it is worth a try!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process is easy. HR managers are easy to work with. Online app takes the longest time and waiting for them to get back to you. Because its an online process, every thing takes a while, especially getting a call for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Madison, WI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

We discussed past experiences. How I operate under certain conditions. Basic requirements for the job. My future plans. Then we chatted about the interviewers experiences and opportunities he had. The paperwork took a long time to process. I started working about 2 weeks after I was hired. That was the only bad part.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick which stores I was willing to work at. Before picking the store(s) be sure to consider your travel options. Sometimes your shift can be as short as four hours. Is it worth an hour bus ride/drive to get to a distant store? If a store is interested in you, they arrange a phone interview by corporate HR which includes basic screening questions. Passing that, there is an in-person interview at the store by HR. They assigned me to my department based on what positions were open and not based on my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was short and to the point. I applied online then received emails asking me when it would be convenient to come in for an interview. I interviewed within one week of applying online. I was asked when I could start after second interview. I took drug test on same day of second interview.

Interview Questions

• If you came across a problem dealing with a customer's needs, what would you do?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greensboro, NC (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from Corporate number to schedule interview, after scheduling I went to interview, a few days later they called to schedule a drug test and authorize a record check, then waited on record check for results, then came back for orientation and online training..

Interview Questions

• pretty Standard questions, such as why do you want to work here, why should we hire you...etc   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

One Phone Interview with a follow up in person interview. They will ask you questions to see what department will best fit you. If you have prior knowledge in fields, you can let them know so they can use that in their decision making

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.