The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online about 3 weeks later received call for an interview. The interview was standard situation interview questions got offer for job the next day and training started two days later

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a cashier   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Serious interview process with HR manager at local store. Told me they made 1 million in sales every week. Job would be temporary. 120 day eval process. Appeared to be hiring for now and would basically drop people immediately when not needed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work in a group to accomplish a task or goal. Name a time when you had to pay attention to details.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Eugene, OR (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Was surprisingly quick, took around 15 minutes. The interviewer asked around 3 basic interview questions. Like why I wanted to work there or problems I solved in my previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience handling cash registers?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mobile, AL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially introduction was very friendly, attire was business casual, yet still felt relaxed. Store manager was very nice and informative about the company and the entire process had a great flow. It felt more like a conversation more than a strict question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a team and ran into a problem   7 Answers
    • If a customer were to ask you a question and you don’t know the answer, what would you do/say to them? How would you handle the situation   Answer Question
    • What brought you to The Home Depot?   Answer Question

Cashiering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Asked a few questions then was offered a job. There is a packet that they ask all potential people. After they ask all the questions they walked to talk to another asm to see what they could offer me then was back in a few min offering me a position and pay. All in all was about 15-20 process

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

very general and quick questions interview was short one on one and there was a drug test directly after. No personal questions but there were questions about former work experience. Very easy interview

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer coming up to you and asking you a question you don't know   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Not very hard five questions max basically the most simple interview questions out there. Didn’t take long only about 10 min process. The staff was very friendly and understanding when it came down to your availability.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn’t know the answer to something   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Fast and easy was hired within a week. Phone interview first asked me bilingual questions since I am bilingual and then had a face to face Interview got hired started within a week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mesa, AZ (US)).

Interview

Applied a few times before getting and invite to interview in person via email. I prepared using Glassdoor Interviews tab on the Home Depot company page. I was asked about myself, my work history is corelation with the position I was applying for, what I knew about the company, and 5 situational/behavioral questions. I was asked to come back in a few days later where I will be conducting a 2nd interview with another person (presumably HR).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If a customer had a question and you were not able to answer it, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Are you good with phones, tablets, computers, ect?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you were at school or work and had to find a solution to a difficult situation? What happened?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to pay very close attention to detail   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult customer in the past? (STAR method)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Went in for Cashier position, they were full at the time and offered me a sales associate job. Asked basic interview questions,"why HD, what do you want from HD, ETC"

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.