The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newark, OH (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Interviewer was a very laid-back...
However my current issue is, that I applied for department supervisor I have lots of management experience 15 years worth!

they never said they didn't like any my experience, they never really complemented on it, they never honestly proved very deep into it but instead....

Next thing I know I'm being led into a part-time order picker job!

My choice was that or the service desk...

they never explained why, they never told me that I didn't qualify or that I have to be there for so long in order to actually get the position of department supervisor...

so basically I'm now a part-time employee and I'm highly confused as to why and how!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Flushing, MI (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I showed up for the interview and they told me they had already filled the position. Looks like HR isnt updating there job postings... When I asked as to why they would have called me in for a position that was already filled, that is what the person I was interviewing with told me.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable to this scenario sadly.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plymouth, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Filled out an online application, then received an automated phone callback with a short questionnaire. Then there is a section that you must answer yes to all questions or you are automatically taken out of the running to be hired,

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pottstown, PA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

You apply on line . In a week or so the call with a phone interview. After that they call and set up a interview. After that it takes a few days to offer the job

Interview Questions

• What would you do it there was two employees not getting along   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

This job was not open they called me in to interview. Was informed of this when I got there. Seemed not very 'above bar'. Should have been a bigger red flag, maybe.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

We walked around for 10 minutes while they tried to figure out who knew how to give an interview. All of the managers were confused and didn’t know where or how.

The interview was given in the break room with 5-10 employees coming in and out talking and eating.
    Then to top it off they end the interview by telling me the position was filled internally and they are going through the motions of interviews because corporate.

Interview Questions

• Do you want a different job for 1/2 of posted salary?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Paterson, NJ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

They have 6 specific questions they ask and grade you on basically they are looking for you to say key words or phrases. Any additional questions they ask are for the managers to get to know you and even though you do have to hit those key words, the more additional questions the managers ask the better a chance you have at getting the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you resolved a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Show Low, AZ (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a cookie cutter interview from the HR playbook. The basic questions from What are your goals with the company to where do you see yourself in five years.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do with the company. Talk about a time that I recruited and trained.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mooresville, NC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, which was asking "tell me a time when" questions.. passed that and received an in-person interview - this is when things went downhill. It was initially with a female, then she said she would go get her boss... when he came in, he saw that I was a police officer, and said "I see you were security?" I said "A police officer" and he responded with "So, security".... really??.. then he went on to say I didn't have any leadership experience even though my resume clearly stated in bold font that I used to be an assistant manager, a supervisor, and leadership through law enforcement. He was very dismissive and it was clear they already had someone picked out. Will never come to them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline a subordinate and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

This is an overview of an internal promotion interview. Management has to do a very structured interview to start with, then they can ask more in depth questions that are more related to the job and your overall performance as a current associate. After the interview happens management takes anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to make a decision and revieve cooperate approval.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict between two associates.
      If situation X arises how would you handle the situation.
      What is the most important portion of this role as you see it presented.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.