The Home Depot Flooring Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Flooring Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Flooring Specialist Interview

Interview

About a 10 to 15 min one on one interview with either a manager or store manager. Sometimes two interviews. It was a pretty easy painless process. I think I had two interviews one with a manager and the second with a store manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Flooring Specialist Interview

Interview

Online application. Received email to schedule a phone interview. Proceeded to an in person interview with retail HR Specialist and an Assistant Manager. Received a follow up call to come in and speak with General Manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Flooring Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted within a week. Did a phone interview with boilerplate interview questions (tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you multitasked, what experience in sales do you have, etc.). Then from there was contacted within a few days from the store's HR manager to set up an interview. Interviewed with a department manager (though he wasn't from flooring, and I do know that others interview with the assistant store managers). He asked some more general questions in addition to specific sales questions but they weren't expecting me to be a genius about flooring, they just want solid employees who seem to be able to sell for them. For example he asked me to role play selling a carpet to see what I'd bring up (budget, style, location, etc.). After interview they hired me on the spot contingent upon a drug test and background check.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the assistant store manager. Overall it was an easy interview, they seemed to be primarily focused on my availability. With the right availability it seems like you can get any job at Home Depot. Assistant manager was nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability and how many hours are you looking for?   Answer Question

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (McHenry, IL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Well it took a few weeks after submitting the online application, but was eventually contacted by the automated pre-qualification system. After that the interview process was easy, quick, and standard.

They are very organized and know exactly what they are doing! They do extensive background checks, drug screening, and knowledge testing.

All in all if you have good skill in home improvement, not convicted of a felony is some time, you have a good opportunity to be hired

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation of a very unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, I tried. They start all departments at about the same. Earn pay increases with improving skill, knowledge, and responsibilities.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was easy peasy and allowed me to know the work culture the company has. I interviewed with the HR person then I interviewed with the flooring person.after the interview and acceptance they notified me with a phone call that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• What's the best time schedule where you can woek?   1 Answer

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was emailed that I would receive a call for a phone interview, the person on the phone asks you generic interview questions. They are the ones who make the decision whether you move on to the in person interview. When I arrived for my in person interview I was only asked about 5 questions and then offered the position.

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmont, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elmont, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

My hiring manager barely looked at my resume. It tasted about 20 minutes at most. You will be contacted by phone if you are willing to accept this job before you interview in person.

Interview Questions

• If a product is in he next aisle over how would you help the customer?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about (whatever department)   1 Answer

Flooring Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was ok they asked a few questions about previous experience etc i was hired on the spot as i had alot of experience just subject to backround check and drugs test

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward retail questions. Fairly easy.
    -how would you handle difficult customers
    -how would you handle a coworker stealing
    -what do you do when you can't answer a customer's question

Small roleplaying session about a standard interaction with a customer. Product knowledge isn't expected at this point. They're looking more for ability to listen, ask appropriate questions, think on your feet.

Didn't ask any questions about previous jobs, employers, or school. The whole process only took about 20 minutes, the roleplay took up most of the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.