The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbus, GA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It was very professional , couple of questions and just have to answer sincerely and accurately according to your resume
Be honest and always look the eyes of the person in front of you. Be confident

Interview Questions

• Why you think this is a position for you ? What make you so different with other candidates?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Some questions, what do you do with difficult customers?
    What are you doing with angry customers? Why you applied here?............................
    Where did you here from us?
    Do you mind working in an other department then applied?

Interview Questions

• What do you do with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

One-on-one interview with a manager of the department. The manager asked basic situational focused questions. Relatively simple open ended type questions. With prior experience in retail the interview process was something I could relate to and answer questions with confidence.

Interview Questions

• While dealing with a difficult customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and straightforward. Interviewed with two different managers. Both asked similar questions. Then did a week of job training. They are always looking to hire, so the process is relatively painless.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pompano Beach, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online at the company website, Which was a ton of questions mostly. Took over an hour. Then got a call to about a week later from corporate HR to confirm if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and the lady on the phone asked me some what would you do questions. Then I selected an interview date/time to come to the store and meet the stores co-manager. Met her and she asked similar questions as the HR's phone questionnaire. Also told me what section Id be working in. But not the pay. Plus that there was still one more interview to do. Got a call about a week later for the 2nd interview. But I already had a job by then. So I had to reject. Wish it was a quicker process. I would've chosen them.

Interview Questions

• What are the days/times you're available to work? (once chosen, You cant change it for 6 months)   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

First came the application online. I tell you that THD system gets more confusing for transfers and the like, AFTER you have hired on. I had a short phone interview to answer a few basic questions. Soon thereafter I was contacted to have an interview in the store. At the store, I met with HR rep and Assistant Manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle customer objections to your recommendations?
      have you any experience with plants, farming, retail, marketing, are you in good enough shape to work like a galley slave, do you mind working differing hours, do you have any experience with the types of chemicals, poisons, fertilizers thet you will be selling? To you have any mechanical aptitude for dealing with the power equipment that you will be selling? Do you mind dealing every day with people that may be jerks?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

Interview

First I was called by their automated system and I was given a preliminary interview in which everything I said was typed and most likely sent to the location. Then I went in for my first interview with one of the Asst Managers. The interview was very structured and every potential hire are skied the questions. I was then called for an interview with the store manager. I was asked why I wanted to work at The Home Depot and then we began discussing pay, my position, and orientation. The interview with the store manager really wasn't much of an interview, it was more of letting me know that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate though it wouldn't have hurt if I tried.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview

There are two interviews. First is a phone interview if you pass that then you get to meet an assistant store manager for a face-to-face interview. After the second interview you have to go to a drug test right away.

Interview Questions

• They give you different scenario's to see how you would handle the situation. Ex. " What would you do if you have a customer who ask's you a question you don't know the answer to?"   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Shawnee, KS (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week after doing so. The HR Center of Home Depot called me and set up the interview that happened maybe two days later. I waited a while for the manager to finally finish with other interviews before he finally called me in. In all, I would say that the interview lasted thirty minutes or so. Although I felt pretty nervous at first, the manager made me feel right at home and we were able to have a relaxed conversation. After the interview, I was sent to the HR department where I was informed I had the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when he asked me why I had left my former employer. I had conflicts with my former manager and so it was awkward trying to explain - as politely as I could - why I left my old job.   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very Corporate. They ask a lot of questions and they're just read to you by other associates. It's not too intimidating other than they often hire in bulk so you sit in a room with a bunch of people waiting to be called in for you interview. They're not very good with scheduling.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.