The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bloomfield, NJ (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online via indeed, who sent me over to the company website. I was contacted within a week, I was told to come in for my first interview with an assistant store manager, once I was selected to move forward I was then contacted for a second interview, this time with the Store Manager. After that process was completed I was scheduled for a drug test. And I then moved on to the orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Process for interview is really easy. And they are a great company to work for. Very willing to work around school schedules and guaranteed at least 25 hours. They also offer tuition reimbersment for full and part time sales associates and they also have lots of open positions within the store so you can move up

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stafford, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and then had a brief face to face interview. It wasn't very long, just one of those interviews where they are just looking to get a feel of the type of person you are and see how you'll fit in at the store.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the situation questions although I can't recall any of them word for word.   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Corpus Christi, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly quick, maybe 10 minutes. I had a interview with a lady in HR, and was hired on the spot after a few questions. Was told to come in a few days later to finalize paperwork, and to schedule orientation and drug test results. Business Casual is required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Staten Island, NY (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from the HR manager to come in for an in person interview based on my online application. My online application was submitted around 2 months before the phone interview. Home Depot usually hires around the busy season, which are just before Memorial Day and just before Labor Day (setting up for Black Friday and Christmas months). When I arrived to the in person interview, the assistant store manager (ASM) asked me a few questions pertaining to experience with customer service. There were other questions about random things getting to know each other and current life situations or goals. After that we talked and negotiated starting pay rate and then I was hired on spot and set up for an orientation process. After the orientation process, which was about 3-4 days, we started working on the sales floor and interacting with customers and training with the department heads (DH). There were a lot of computer training assignments but you should be able to knock them out within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• How well do you interact with others? What do you think excellent customer service entails? Give me one experience that you had of excellent customer service? What are your goals with this company? What is your availability? Where are you currently going to school? In the garden department, what are some tasks you think you will be required to fulfill? Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

very easy. everybody is hired seasonal to work in the garden center then after spring is moved to another dep or leave.did a phone interview, he asked about some customer service experiences. after was called for a interview in the store with HD and offered the position. very informal and laid back. then i was in.

Interview Questions

• if i know someone eho works there   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Darby, PA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Professional thought I was going for part time. The person that interview me told me a little of the company and I thought that it was noble in what they did but I was wrong in all manner. The harder you work the sooner they get rid of you. Really thought that after the initial 120 days I would of been transferred to another department. The rating is 4 stars because they stretch the truth alot

Interview Questions

• Various question like what would you do in this situationq   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was informative and thorough. The company policy was plainly explained and the company expectation was spelled out in detail. Part of the interview process was a walk-through the store to see what the daily hands-on process look like.

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Prairie, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

They made me wait for over an hour because they had forgotten that I was there. I thought it was because they had other people to see. Nope. They just forgot about me. The actual interview was pretty standard. It was just the basic stuff. They did an oral swab drug test at the end of the interview. I heard from them two weeks later, after I'd written the whole thing off, that I'd gotten the job after all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bel Air, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bel Air, MD (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a walk-in interview. They usually do major hiring late winter for the spring. I applied online and showed up at one of their stores for a hiring event. Waited for my name to be called and went back to interview with an assistant manager for the store I wanted to work at. She read a list of basic questions and made the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about relevant work experience, how I would handle angry customers, if I had any interest in other departments. Nothing groundbreaking.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.