The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot General Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online. Got phone call interview week later and scheduled in person interview for week after that. Still waiting for the in person. Was given a date and I was able to choose the time from a 4 hour window.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Everyone was kind and smiling. I was brought into a room where I awaited my interviewer. I was then called up for my interview. The supervisor asked many questions from a book. For example, "why do you want to work there?" After that interview I was sent to another interviewer. He asked me a couple of the same questions. I was sent to a different room with some other people. From there we went to take a drug test and were informed about the job. Process took about 2-3 hours

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you knew you were going to be late or absent?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Van Buren, OH (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The application was online and was followed by a brief and easy skills test (can you match two numbers). It was then followed by a phone interview from a call center verifying that you understand the physical workload and then had me schedule an in-person interview. The interview was started with a brief tour of the facility and one of the most strenuous positions there to make sure the physical workload was understood. I was then taken back to the office where a short review of my work history was covered and then was offered a position pending the drug and background screening.

Interview Questions

• What is your prior work experience and what kind of skills from there can be used here?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Westfield, MA (US)).

Interview

Very relaxed. Went in there on my first interview and talked to a floor supervisor. Asked about previous employment mainly, and your reasons for leaving. Then he brought me to someone higher up, cracked one joke and showed a smile. Immediately was offered the position.

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and was called up a few weeks later. Basically, you go through an automatic system over the phone before being connected to a call center. Then, someone in a monotonous tone describes the position to you and makes sure you're still interested. Next, basic background questions are asked. Later on, they finally get to when you would actually need to be available for the job. I applied for a part-time position, though the hours I needed to be available still didn't fit with my schedule so the interview pretty much ended there for me.

All in all, none of that was a big deal. But then I applied to another position and later got a call, yet it was for this position again. I went through the process again out of curiosity, yet the times I needed to be available didn't change. At a later point I was called up for a third time and was really hoping it was for the other position I applied to, but nope. It was for the Warehouse position again and I tried to explain my predicament to the person on the other end of the line but they just said "... so you're not interested in this position?", despite me having asked about the other position I applied to among other things. Frustrated, I just told the person "no" and was then led to a survey I didn't bother with.

So basically, it's been a hassle trying to apply for Home Depot. I didn't even mention all the issues I ran into when applying online. Two of the three people I spoke to from their call center were just unpleasant to talk to and I didn't like that they mention availability so far into the interview. It's all just been a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get past the basic phone interview, so I have no idea what would be asked in the real interview.   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wheaton, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

restock moving stuff.
    Warehouse Supervisor, 2nd Shift

The shipping supervisor will manage the shipping office and employees. Must be highly organized and a team player able to handle multiple priorities and projects.

Responsibilities:

Schedule select inbound and outbound shipments.
    Audit and approve carrier freight bills.
    Ensure each step of the logistics process is functioning effectively to avoid costly delays.
    Secure rate quotations from carrier.
    Coordinate customer and vendor return goods.
    Act as the main transportation contact on select customer shipments.
    Load planning. Create loads utilizing our route optimization application.
    Assign carriers, and tender shipments across multiple modes.
    Monitor shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery to meet customer requirements.
    Actively participate in weekly/monthly team meetings.
    Manage exception shipments such as re-consignments & critical shipments to ensure all relevant parties are provided status information.
    Communicate and liaison with carriers.
    Perform analysis on freight and other Logistics data and summarize.

Interview Questions

• Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:

3+ years of experience in the Transportation and Logistics industry.
      A focused eye for details and an ability to prioritize as needed.
      Self-directed, dependable and results oriented
      Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel/Outlook)
      Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze and interpret sales and logistics data.
      Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external personnel.
      Knowledge of Great Plains ERP or similar application is a plus.
      Experience using metrics to perform analyses
      Must be customer oriented
      Ability to work independently.
      Must have a sense of urge   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luckey, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Luckey, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done at the warehouse and consisted of several stages of one on one interviews and ended with a job offer and a meeting with the General Manager. The first stage was a one on one that asked mostly previous employment questions. The second stage was more of a personality assessment. The third and final stage was a meeting with the GM and a tentative job offer pending the passing of the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where you had to manage yourself?   Answer Question

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic questions asked. Interview was in McDonough, GA and was smooth. The interviewer was human resources and very professional and polite. It took me about thirty minutes and then was offered a position. I accepted and started orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5yrs from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A breeze.. The offer was about average

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was short with the standard questions being asked. Interviewer was a supervisor & he was almost 30 minutes late. He was nice but he expected you to finish his sentences which I thought was weird

Interview Questions

• What steps did you take to resolve a conflict that you had with a supervisor?   1 Answer

General Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Comfortable situation. Friendly and courteous staff, managers and supervisors. Short and quick process with questions and situations discussed. Corporate headquarters called me to schedule the interview. I went at scheduled time and waited with others that were interviewing. There was no pressure and it was a comfortable environment. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and had a ease of communication.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to make this a career?   1 Answer