The Home Depot Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Sales Associate Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazel Green, AL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hazel Green, AL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Done by Store Manager . Asked me to give an overview of my accomplishments , as well as challenging events that were met on the job and how I turned them from a negative felling into a positive learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your attitude to be towards other employees?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a series of hypothetical questions which are graded on a 1-5 scale, then the total score is used to determine your potential for employment, and also an online skills and product knowledge test.

Interview Questions

• Q: You are helping a customer find an item, as you are walking them to the item, another customer, who seems upset, comes up to you and demands you help them? How do you proceed?   1 Answer

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was simple. They ask generic question about what would you do in certain situations. You'll have two interviews if you are getting the job. If you get the second interview and they give you the drug screening paperwork, you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were working on task and two customers ask for you assistance.   1 Answer

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a series of phone based questions. Those lead to an in-person interview with a manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and included filling out paperwork with personal information. The next day there was a saliva drug test and 2 weeks later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you in the workplace.   1 Answer

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Asheville, NC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Went over initial questioning to see if I qualify for the position, Went in and spoke about duties and responsibilities. Spoke about availability and other responsibilities.

Interview completed and I was asked to return and take drug test and background check.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Come in twice to meet the HR manager, and then the store's manager. Had to take drug test. Then I was hired. Simple and direct questions about how much you know or capable of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here at the Home Depot with a Master's Degree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation. Just a retail job so I didn't expect much to negotiate.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Bethesda, MD (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Beginning Interviews are with one member of store management staff. Most are canned questions concerning any experience you may have with construction materials, hardware, and general experience in sales and areas of interest in sales performed by Home Depot. Nothing too in depth. General Sales Interview.

Interview Questions

• Your desired areas of work and why you would be qualified for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Informal, mass interviewing of many people at one time, individually chosen to speak to a management official, one on one, for about 10 minutes at a time.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Darby, PA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

There was a lag between when I applied and was interviewed-maybe a month or so. Most of the "interview" was online, with screening questions about how I'd handle a difficult situation, etc. The face-to-face interview was very very brief. They conducted a urine screening for illegal drugs. There was an 800 number that I needed to cal to get updates on my application.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember. Almost all of the questions were handled online . The more difficult questions (all multiple choice), involved gray areas of how to handle both co-workers and customers. On most of these questions I said I would ask my manager about the situation. There were a lot of questions that dealt with me witnessing theft from the store, either by a customer or employee. Dealing with theft seemed to be one of the greatest weaknesses at the Upper Darby Home Depot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. But I was surprised later on, to learn that I started at a higher salary than a co-worker who had already been there 3.5 years and had work experience that provided more product knowledge than I had. They offered me a part-time hardware sales position at $9.50/hour and I took it

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial phone call, then an interview, then a job, the interviewer was very good, she offered different possibilities, listened to what i wanted and made the effort to accommodate me, has continued in that strain. It was a very easy and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back, i don't think the interviewer had any difficult or technical questions, I imagine those questions are geared towards the higher positions such as supervisor and mgmt. positions. It seems for the position I applied for if you're sincere they're interested   Answer Question

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, filled out a 30-45 minute questionnaire about general knowledge and skills for home improvement. Got a call back for an interview, met with one of the ASM's that was in her last week at the store. Was a simple interview that went well, although i never directly interviewed with the store manager, I hear most employees do.

Interview Questions

• None stood out as too difficult or unexpected to remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mentioned i had years of customer experience and much familiarity with tools and handiwork already. She kinda casually brushed it off and said that was already considered.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.