The Home Depot Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.0

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mesa, AZ (US)).

Interview

Answered 5 generic questions, offered position. Completed a drug test (oral swab) and provided information for background check. Called 4 days later to fill out paperwork, then began computer training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to multitask   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a automated call and it let me set up which date id like for the interview. After that, I went and met with 2 people, one was the hiring manager & the other I presume to be the general manager. The GM asked me 3-4 questions and the hiring manager took notes. They really let me express myself with these questions. After that I kindly thanked them and handed my resume. Even though they already had printed it. I left the room and just as I was exiting 2 mins later, I got called back by the hiring manager who gave me the offer. Really pleasant interview and challenging with questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work history   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer who is upset and is lashing out on everyone?   Answer Question
    • What can you do to connect more with the customer? How do you get them to be engaging?   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Council Bluffs, IA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

You have to apply to the Home Depot employment website, then wait for a phone interview, then, if you get a face to face interview, the store calls. It was late December when I applied & interviewed, I got the job but wasn't told, until after the first of the year, which was a bit nerve racking.

Interview Questions

• What shift do I want? And I have to pick one weekend day to work, Saturday or Sunday, but everyone has to work at least one weekend day.   1 Answer

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dale City, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dale City, VA (US)).

Interview

It's very fast. Hardly any questions (like 4 questions in my experience). They will give you a phone call to schedule an interview. You choose a date and time and you show up on time (or earlier). They will lead you to the manager office and there they will interview you. After the interview, they will drug test you. The results will come in week. After that, you will go through orientation which is an hour long introduction of the company and how it works and how it benefits the workers. You will fill out some papers and then you go to training. Training is through a computer which, in my experience as a cashier took me 3 days.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Interview

Was ok and asked how are you on Murillo occasions but was just a interview years ago so wasn't that bad looking back at it anyways this 30 word min

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Reno, NV (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview, basically confirming information regarding postion and availability you provide on app. Set up in person interview where there are Basic interview questions, experience in field, good experience with customers, bad experience with customers, availability, qualities, goals. Drug test is done with a mouth swab in office as you fill out paperwork.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Interview

Very open and felt like I could say anything. It was a very easy process. It seemed like they already knew me. All the people around me said the job was worth it.

Interview Questions

• What’s your experience. What do you want from working here.   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phillipsburg, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Phillipsburg, NJ (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Upon sending in an application, it took only 24 hours for me to get a call back from the automated system. After talking to the automated system, I got a call back from the actual store and went in for an interview the very same day.

Interview Questions

• I'm pretty good with interviews so I didn't feel as though there were any hard questions. They were all pretty much common sense.   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tulsa, OK (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. There were no hard or difficult questions nor were they complex. After you have finished answering a few questions, they will then move you on to management for a on spot second interview depending on if you passed the first set of interview questions. After you meet with the manager for the second interview, if you are offered the job you should proceed on to the drug test stage.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I went for an interview last week and was interviewed by a lady first, than she told me that Iwas going to be interviewed by two other people. That me more nervous but I was determined to get the job.The second ladty who was suppose to interview me wasn't there so I went straight to the third guy who was the boss. Now it wasn't that intimidating when two other people were watching the interview (sarcasm), but I got threw it and got it on the spot. After that, the Associate Support Department Supervisor, took me into this room to sign some papers, and to tell me about doing a drug test and told me to call next week and if he doesn't answer leave a vm. Next day I went to do the drug test, then called him this week and he hasn't called me back or anything. I know I passed my drug test and my background is clear. So I'm gonna have to play the waiting game I guess...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.