The Home Depot IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot IT Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.7

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screening asking me what projects I have worked on and questions defining technical terms (like inheritance). Then there was a "super interview" day that a group of interns attended.

I had two 30 minute interviews in the super interview day. The first one was basically the guy talking about himself (to be fair, I kept asking him questions lol), and then at the last 5 minutes, he quickly asked me about some stuff on my resume. The second interview had him asking me what knowledge I have and languages I'm comfortable with, as well as what projects I used and how I used different software to complete them.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism?

Each text file has multiple optional information (e.g. address and name) as well as one mandatory piece of information (which is listing the phone number) in no specific order. How would you traverse through 10,000 text files and only retrieve the phone numbers inside each file?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through University, received an email to set up a phone interview. After phone interview was invited to come to SSC (main office) to interview in person. Interviewed with three different managers. There was an even distribution of technical and behavioral questions. Most of the technical questions weren't too difficult but there were a few I didn't have an answer to. I was asked which area I thought I might be interested in working in and then moved to the next interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a hash table and a hash map   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Started in group of 15-20 people, were given lunch. Started getting pulled into 1x1 interviews. First interview was a "personality" type interview (e.g. How would you solve ____), second was a technical interview (e.g. What is polymorphism?)

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism?
      Tell me about a time you started a project that failed?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It started with a career fair in University. After passing my resume to Recruiter at career fair, got a phone call within 2 weeks. After that call I was invited for on site interview day(which was after 3 weeks). On the interview day we all gathered at The Home Depot's Austin Technology Center. We were treated with breakfast followed by lunch meanwhile the interview process. After introductory session of us(the candidates) and managers, interview started. Each of us will be having a one to one interview with managers. They would tell about the projects they are doing and their interest. While going through resume they would ask, how you did this project? What you did in this project? Questions will come from you answers to those questions. More questions in "Interview Questions".

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First had a technical phone interview. Was pretty short and related to a few Object oriented programming principles. Second interview was a pair of on site interview and was asked some more technical questions related to object oriented programming. Also was questioned on my past projects and current projects. Interviewers had more interest in getting to know the interns

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

First I met them at a career fair. Then I got a phone interview with basic technical questions which would be asked later at the on-site interview. Then there were two interviews on site with 16 other applicants. They asked about behavioral questions and my personality, then some techical questions such as SQL.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

In a group of four, complete two different tasks asked by the two interviewers. Afterwards, they let you know whether or not you got the offer in a few weeks. They assess off of communication skills, and how well you work with others

Interview Questions

• Given a bunch of snippets of pseudocode in the form of paper cutouts, rearrange the code in the way to make the function work.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Behavior screening over phone, technical interview over phone, technical and behavioral interview on site. The technical interview consisted of coding problems that you would say the psuedocode outloud instead of typing it or writing it out, so it was more conceptual than practical.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string?
      How would you reverse a linked list?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

3 other applicants in the room 2 people from home depot who were taking notes the whole time. They were applying for a different job as me so that was kind of awkward.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

applied from a career fair
    got an email back scheduling a phone screen that consisted of questions about projects i've worked on, some object oriented language questions and some situationonal questions
    then a follow up in person interview which you do with two different interviewers but they ask the same thing mostly
    once you get past the phone screen, youre pretty much good

Interview Questions

• what is a class?
      what is a binary tree?
      what is inheritance?
      how would you create an object?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.