The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, NJ (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Had banner in front of store stating they were hiring. I knew a asst manager in the store, met with him and he said to go online and apply. They called me the next day. I went in for the interview and was offer a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe "customer service"?   1 Answer
  • How have you dealt with a angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary at the entry level positions.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I Applied in February and 18 days later was selected to move forward and complete the online screening. I recieved an Email that same day asking me to select a date and time for an in person Interview. I appreciated the electronic invite because it gave me a few minutes to collect my thoughts and pick my own date and time. I felt much more in control of the Interview! My Interview was the very next day. I had to wait for about 30 minutes for my Interview. Employees made me feel right at home while waiting. I immediately liked my Interviewer! He was kind, compassionate, and very friendly! My Interview was very much based on the behavioral questions. It focused on team work, communication, ability to adapt, etc. At the end of the Interview I was told "If you dont hear from us go on with your life". That caught me off guard! 4 days later I received a call from HR offering me a position. Phew.... Went that day for a drug test and background check. Attended Orientation the next week.
    Still waiting for my onboarding and schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer asks a question and you don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    • How would handle 3 upset customers at a time?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

straight forward questions, I spoke with the store manager he was friendly offered part time told me it takes time to get to full time. Uusally 4 months to a year.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenwood, IN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Two round interview, first with garden department manager where he asked me very generic interview questions. Round two was with a store manager, and less of an interview but more of a drug test and then him telling me what it's like to work at the Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience you've had dealing with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Asked good pertinent questions. Was a well designed process that allowed me to explain my qualifications and my employment needs. Also gave a very good description of the job openings and the hiring process. Very well done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Niagara Falls, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a joke! Got the phone interview from Atlanta, then never got called for the interview at the location and had to go to a career center meet and greet for Home Depot to eventually get my on site interviews. Yes, two interviews before they actually hire you and treat you like crap. They post certain jobs just to get you in the door, then they offer you another position that they have that nobody really sticks around for.

Interview Questions

• What can we do for you today?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase!

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Beaverton, OR (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

simple- first with hr then with asst. store manager then store manager covering basic history of education and work. followed by their information about company and job requirements and asked about my questions which related to pay, benefits and guarantee of full time. the overall experience was easy yet not a given to get the job.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Zurich, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Overly complex online process, two unnecessarily long tests. One phone screen from a remote office. Lastly one last 1:1 interview that was more of a confirmation, than an interview. Rarely saw the hiring manager afterward, most of my onboarding was with the help of department employees who cared.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with Garden   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Monroeville, PA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was straightforward, one phone screen asking basic personal questions (name a time you faced a deadline and had to make a quick decision, name a time where you had to work with a group to accomplish a goal) things of that nature.
    This was followed with two in person interviews, the first was basically a rehash of the phone interview with some directed questions about home improvement itself.
    The second interview was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was trying to accomplish a task but wasn't sure what tools to use, how would you recommend the proper tool for the job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lilburn, GA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

the first step is a face to face interview, testing your "fitness" for the position
    the second step was to confirm or finalize the hiring process
    the third step was to sit through an presentation explaining the business of home depot

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked of my past work experiences and how I can apply them in the home depot environment   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.