The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

easy, asked very basic interview questions. hired on the spot and then immediately started training. applied online then called and offered interview next day. was hired at the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

I was only there 5 minutes before I was interviewed by Lance. The interview took 20 minutes. He was very down to earth. Overall it was very easy, easy, easy, easy, easy and easy.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Apply online, got a call for interview took 5 minutes. Got an offer and I accepted and had orientation that following Sunday. The orientation was hours long and there was days worth of training videos before getting out on the floor.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunkirk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dunkirk, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I came in and had no idea where to go. The service desk was very helpful in directing me to the back. I sat and waited for about 15 minutes before they got to me. Most of the questions were standard behavior based questions. Quick and easy after all that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you overcame   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denton, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

They only asked a few questions. Some related to work and others just telling about yourself. overall, the interview was very easy at this location. It was more of a 'you already have the job'

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cashiered before? How have you responded to a challenge in the workplace   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bridgeport, CT (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very Informative about expectations and training process as well as typical experience and how long average person took to get acclimated to the job. Sales Associates don't specialize initially in a single department unless they are specifically hired for a department

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would handle a specific difficult sales transaction.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

A lot of personal questions. The interviewer was more interested in my personality than my skills or qualifications. She even said, "We're looking for someone who will fit into our family". Experience, qualifications, skills, did not matter.

Interview Questions

• Name something you really wanted and you worked hard to achieve it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online and then a week later I received an automated phone screening call. Near the end of the call, they asked me to pick my preferred date and time for an in-person interview. Had the interview a few days later with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were some challenges you faced in your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Office environment, calm relaxed setting. Very friendly interviewer who made you feel listened too and not nervous at all. Talked about experience mostly and why I would want to work for Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parker, CO (US)).

Interview

They call you over the phone to ask you some easy questions. Then when you have a scheduled interview hey bring you into a room where you had to fill out your hours and then you talk to the manager, where he asks you questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.