The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

very simple and safe they were nice and cool. The manager was a very nice person and they wanted to help me i loved the place sadly didn’t get the job but i recommend it to anyone very laid back and easy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Quick, easy going, straight to the point, comfortable. Only asked about 4-5 questions in total. After my first initial interview, they had me move on to do a second interview with some store managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a stressful situation at school or work that you had to overcome?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

easy, asked very basic interview questions. hired on the spot and then immediately started training. applied online then called and offered interview next day. was hired at the interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I picked an interview time online after being accepted. I showed up at the store location on time and was escorted into a room. The process took around 20 minutes and I was hired right after.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

I was only there 5 minutes before I was interviewed by Lance. The interview took 20 minutes. He was very down to earth. Overall it was very easy, easy, easy, easy, easy and easy.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Apply online, got a call for interview took 5 minutes. Got an offer and I accepted and had orientation that following Sunday. The orientation was hours long and there was days worth of training videos before getting out on the floor.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

They just ask you a lot of situation questions. They also talk about your past experiences and ask personal questions such as your availability and if you’re in school. The interview is just very simple and easy to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you like to work in a team or individually?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunkirk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dunkirk, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I came in and had no idea where to go. The service desk was very helpful in directing me to the back. I sat and waited for about 15 minutes before they got to me. Most of the questions were standard behavior based questions. Quick and easy after all that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you overcame   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denton, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

They only asked a few questions. Some related to work and others just telling about yourself. overall, the interview was very easy at this location. It was more of a 'you already have the job'

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cashiered before? How have you responded to a challenge in the workplace   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bridgeport, CT (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Very Informative about expectations and training process as well as typical experience and how long average person took to get acclimated to the job. Sales Associates don't specialize initially in a single department unless they are specifically hired for a department

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would handle a specific difficult sales transaction.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.