The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Louisville, KY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

They asked very standard and simple interview questions. I wasn't really impressed with the interview, but it's turned out to be an alright job. They wanted to know interests for future training.

Interview Questions

• They asked about interests, how I would have adversity, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled Out Application Online.
    Phone Interview
    Scheduled For Face To Face Interview
    No Call Back To If Not Selected

The Interview Time Was 9am, I Didnt Get Interviewed Until 10am. Very Unprofessional.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2011.

Interview

First there will be a 5min phone interview. If your application went through. If you passed the phone Interview then a schedule 1on1 interview will take place usually takes anywhere between 15 to 30min.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lodi, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was really quick. First interview was done by corporate over the phone. In store interview, I had to wait over 30 minutes for them to get to me, they were behind schedule, then I had to come back and meet with the Store Manager. Waiting for the orientation took over 6 weeks, I though they forgot about me.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CO (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for my local Home Depot, and it only took a week to get a call-back for an on-phone interview, which was like a screening process. At the end of the call I was given a tentative offer and interview time/date. I then proceeded to the interview which ended up being the next day. When I went in, they had forgotten I was to interview, but an assistant manager went ahead and interviewed me. They don't use resumes, since they don't like to "prescreen" people, just like to get a feel for the people in the interview. I answered the typical interview questions and then provided my availability. I got a call back about 2-3 days later, which a tentative job offer, based on whether I passed the drug and background test. Since my availability wasn't the greatest, I was offered a cashier position, until something opened up on the sales floor. It took about a week or two later before I got the official call to come in and do new hire paperwork, and then on the following Saturday I went to another store for New Hire Orientation for about 4 hours.
    Everyone seems pretty friendly, and so I think this may be a nice little P/T job for me.

Interview Questions

• How my past work experience would help me at The Home Depot.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was one on one and fairly laid back.. It one of the more brief interviews I have ever done. They asked the standard questions any company would ask in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What was an issue you had with your previous employer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the careers website for Cashier and in about 4 to 5 days I got a phone call scheduling and interview. After I got their and went through basic interview questions my interviewer told me that she thought I would be an even better fit at a sales position and got a second interview that same day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an unruly customer   Answer Question
    • describe what you would do to Handle a customer asking about something you don't have great knowledge about   Answer Question
    • describe what you would do at the end of a work day regarding your till   Answer Question

Negotiation

She basically said I think you would be a great fit for our sales department and said I want to hire you here on the spot but you have to do the other assessment on the the careers website because I only applied for cashier

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Murrieta, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by HR and was explained role,benefits,and pay rate. It was a one on one interview with a guy. He was real friendly and nice. It was a relaxed setting. It was more of a conversation with an old friend. He asked me my life story and my goals for life. Right after,I was offered a job right after I interviewed and was able to accept and take a drug test and submit background!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chester, VA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

you fill out that the app and the call you to do and interview once you do the interview if hired they send you to take a drug text after that they call you and have you start training

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitty Hawk, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kitty Hawk, NC (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Email me the details on time and date. The interview was laid back and allowed you to ask questions about the job. They allowed you to raise any concerns and questions that you might have about the job and company.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with this particular job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.