The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden

The Home Depot Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply online through Atlanta.
You get an e-mail with a phone number to call, do so and answer their questions.
If you pass they will schedule an in-person interview in the upcoming days.
Go to the interview, show your charm and charisma. With any luck they negotiate pay, hand your a drug test form, and send you on your way to the cup-of-truth.
Pee in a cup, they send it to a lab. If everything checks you go to an 8 hour paid orientation.
Basic education history/background check.
A urine sample must be submitted and tested within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example where you accomplished a task as a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked if I accepted the employment terms, and was told to show up for an 8 hour paid orientation at the crack on dawn on a Sunday morning.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, NJ (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Had banner in front of store stating they were hiring. I knew a asst manager in the store, met with him and he said to go online and apply. They called me the next day. I went in for the interview and was offer a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe "customer service"?   1 Answer
    • How have you dealt with a angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary at the entry level positions.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was scheduled via phone. Arrived at store and met with assistant manager. Interview was about 10 minutes. 6 structured questions and a few unstructured.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of Home Depot?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Queens Village, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth asked simple questions about customer service , was read from a paper and was recorded with another person in the room. Be sure to answer with detail about helping customers and dealing with a bad customers. I am still waiting for my background check and orientation date its been 1 full week almost , it takes a while but I called and ask about my information and was told I was ready to go . Usually orent

Interview Questions

• Their were barley any difficult questions just make sure you know the position you applied for and talk about that and customer service !!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was offered $10.75 and was told my position was temporary depending on my work performance

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

after you submit your application online you will then get a telephone interview call, they will ask you a few questions about the job its self, to see if you are a good fit for the position and if you are still interested in the position or not, if you say you are still interested in the job you will then get an appointment set for a face to face interview with the hiring manager at the store where you applied to.

Interview Questions

• asking you if you know correct names of plants, and tools, and how to use the correct tools properly and correctly and how you would demonstrate the tool.   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Broussard, LA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

99% of the "interview" is online as part of the application process. It will take you a few hours and is very complete. A few questions are tricky due to them asking you to [rank out of five choices the proper action to take in a situation.] If you get called in for an in-person meeting, you've pretty much got the job and they are just checking for consistency and personability with six or seven additional paragraph-form questions. I was personally seen by the store manager rather than the HR manager but it seems that was an exception.

Interview Questions

• There is a series of questions in which you are given five choices and need to choose the best and worst options for the given scenario. These do not seem to be consistent across multiple applications but need to be carefully considered from both a customer and associate point of view. There may not be a "wrong" answer to them but there certainly is a "more right" one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entering as a seasonal garden associate, there was little negotiation beyond setting my available hours.

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Utica, MI (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Simple interview. HD needs bodies for summer work. If you work out they hire you as a permanent employee. They train you in the selling process, which in some cases is interesting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

How much do I make? Ok thanks!

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Albany, IN (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed on the phone first for about 20 minutes ,than by human resources for about 30 minutes,than drug test, than by store manager for another 25 minutes.Don't forget you're being watched all the time.Expect to be treated like a third class person.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work here for the rest of your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

Our top starting pay is $9.00 will you work for that ?

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Asked good pertinent questions. Was a well designed process that allowed me to explain my qualifications and my employment needs. Also gave a very good description of the job openings and the hiring process. Very well done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lake Zurich, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Overly complex online process, two unnecessarily long tests. One phone screen from a remote office. Lastly one last 1:1 interview that was more of a confirmation, than an interview. Rarely saw the hiring manager afterward, most of my onboarding was with the help of department employees who cared.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with Garden   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.