The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,655 Interview Reviews

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a few days. Interview questions were easy. Tell me about what you do at your current position. Are you aware this is a commission only position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

There were over five phone interviews followed by an in-person interview, drug test, finger printing, and both credit/criminal background checks.

Interview Questions

• This is a job for an entrepreneur. There were no unexpected questions or any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is 100% commission with no salary or hourly rate. There was no negotiation phase.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

They explained the basic knowledge of what would be expected from the job. They described the hours of operations along with the duties performed by the lot attendant. They asked questions of what would you do in certain situations.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

You do a phone interview first with corporate, then if you pass that interveiw you do an instore interview with an assistant manager or the manager. If it is with a department manager you will usually be called back in to meet with a salaried manager. After interview you will have to get drug tested and a criminal background check. If these come back clean you will receive an offer if they like you. You then do what is called "Onboarding" where they teach you about the company, culture and policies, and then you usually go through a week or 2 weeks of training depending on the job area you are assigned

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Home Depot   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

After you submit your application you wait one to two days and then call the recruiter to know the status of your application, they will call you back and the automated interview machine by phone will ask you a few questions confirm that you still want the job and the pay and then they set up a face-to-face interview where once you get your hours straightened out you do drug test and background check, after a few days you get orientation and start working.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was professional yet not high pressure. They asked questions about speed of transactions, dealing with unruly customers and experience with different systems. After a series of questions that he read from the standard packet of Home Depot interview questions, he said he would be interviewing other candidates and get back to me. I ended up having to follow up with the interviewer and ended up not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• During an average hour in a shift, how many transactions have you completed in the past?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Flower Mound, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Same as everybody else I applied online on May 2016. I called them couple times after that they said i had to wait for a call. Two weeks later got a call from automated system for the phone screening interview which is a machine asking u yes or no questions. Then the system schedules a face to face interview. You never get to talk to a real person. Once i got to the store I talked to one of the managers, very easy going is a kinda formal interview but not really. He asked me like 5 questions which to me is a lot, i get nervous. It went well then he told me to come back 3 days later for another interview with another manager (idk what does that mean, if i got it or not) and that's where i'm at right now.

Interview Questions

• What do i find appealing about home depot that i wanna work there?   Answer Question
    • How would i greet a customer if I'm the last person they get in contact with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to perform two tasks at the same time with both speed and precision and how did u do it.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer. What would you say?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon City, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oregon City, OR (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Informal. We sat around a table, people often came in to use the computer and were aware of the interview process. I felt very relaxed. The manager was affable and personable. As I recall we shared some common people experiences and I felt a connection that I wanted to keep at this store.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a problem with the noise level?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2016.

Interview

The application process about two weeks. After, I recieved an automated phone interview in which they asked about having an open availability for weekends and holidays then followed up with setting an in person interview. Drug test on the spot. Results from drug test and background check took a little over a week (varies for everyone) and received a call back.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. Received an email within 1-2 days: Stating that I will receive a call for phone screening.
    3. Missed the call but I called back: First let me know the job position info. and asked questions.
        Q Ex. Are you still interested in applying for the position in Home Depot. Press 1: YES.
        After all the questions, I was given dates and I was able to pick which date I want to the interview.
    4. Interview day: I followed the instructions given in my email that I received after the phone screening. Wear Business attire, and Go to the special services/Customer service counter and show them the email that you received. (Printed). They have showed me the backroom office for the managers. I waited for 10 minutes since I arrived 15 minutes earlier prior to my interview.
    5. After 10 minutes, I met the manager who is interviewing me, and I went inside an office where my interview was going to take place. (It is a very relaxing place to be interviewed).
    6. THE INTERVIEW: Manager first asked my schedule availability and restated information about the position. Stated that it is a $10.00 wage. Then he asked me 5 different questions regarding my work experience for customer service. 3 questions were scenario questions, but they were straight forward. After the questions, he offered me the job. I ACCEPTED.
    7. We went to another office to do DRUG TEST and SIGN DOCUMENTS.
    FINISH.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your past work experience.   1 Answer
    • Q: How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a time where you had to meet a goal and did in fast.   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a time where you didn't know the answer to a customers question.   Answer Question
    • Q: Why do you want to work here? / ADDITIONAL Q. In the end they might ask: Why should i hire you?   Answer Question