The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,929 Interview Reviews

2.2

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Recruiters were nice and well organized. Team members during full interview were not. A little unorganized and some were unprofessional. I get times are different with covid, but not being on time, and even just cutting video altogether and only speaking through audio, while I’m still on video...just not well put together.

Questions had nothing to do with job. Just basic behavior questions and all 4 interviewers asked variations of same ones. Job description was not accurate. I was not selected due to inexperience in an area we never even discussed. (Have plenty of this specific experience). Very strange.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

easy, asked very basic interview questions. hired on the spot and then immediately started training. applied online then called and offered interview next day. was hired at the interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online about 3 weeks later received call for an interview. The interview was standard situation interview questions got offer for job the next day and training started two days later

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a cashier   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Just ask me five quick questions. Super simple stuff nothing to crazy. Took about 5 minutes. They gave me a paper with the list of things I would have to know if I got the job and then I waited and then I had my interview. He asked me some simple questions that he thanked me and I think him and I left.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work the hours selected?   2 Answers

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Massive shuffle through numerous impersonal, trite, even hokey, emails. During this ongoing milieu, they up and CHANGED the job title. All response communications are returned as not being able to be delivered! The whole process is very autonomously automated to the point that you can tell there is minimal if any human interaction. As a former, very high dollar productive employee, I was reapplying for a job opening in a city 1500 miles away to which I will soon move. One email, asked me to appear for a face-to-face interview the next day!

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, because there was no interview. I just don't think it makes sense to buy and airplane tickets, rental car and hotel/food costs to attend an interview for a company that seemingly cannot read or interpret their online applications and there was no way to call them!   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1st) Hiring manager interview, very brief
    2nd) Talked with HD Recruiter to set up technical interviews
    3rd) Met with 3 engineers, 1 technical manager

Questions conversational. One engineer had me do a live coding session to code up an algorithm (I did well). The position was for NodeJS and frontend frameworks and I was surprised to get questions that were more in line with Java than JavaScript. Also, asked about a Join table, I've never had the need, but that was probably the only ding on my interview.

No offer and no notification on whether they are still considering me. I emailed the recruiter to ask after about a week if I was still in consideration and got no response. That is when I figured, there was going to be no offer but this is just how they handle it which made me surprised that they would not respond. I thought the recruiter guy, Chris, was nice too. There may be a chance that I a still in the running because there are a lot of people looking for jobs too and the competition is high and I wouldn't be surprised if there were another 50+ resumes they had to go through.

Interview Questions

• Know when to use a join table. Fibonacci algorithm, linked list   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Belton, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position, and exactly two weeks later I got an email with a pre-interview questionnaire asking me if I would be okay doing job-specific tasks, the pay, and other general information. If you answer no to any of the questions you will no longer be considered for a job and won't receive an interview. Once I finished the questionnaire I was directed to a screen where I chose my own interview time-slot. When I got to the store I applied for I went to the customer service desk and was directed to go to the employee break area where my interviewer was waiting for me. She was really nice and made it a good atmosphere but the interview itself seemed pointless. I was interviewing for a Blinds and Wallpaper Associate but I was asked no job-specific questions at all, she didn't bring up my past experience that would have been relevant to the position. It was frustrating because the entire interview can be boiled down to a graded exam on how well you can answer in the STAR format (because the interviewer literally has a "grading" rubric on how well you go through your answer using STAR). Your time would be better spent preparing for this interview by practicing on answering "tell me a time when..." questions because your relevant job history wont be brought up directly unless you are able to fit it into answering one of the scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as a team to accomplish a common goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that there was a set-back in a project you were doing and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation when you were asked a question by a customer and didn't know the answer?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with electronics?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

They emailed me with a date and a time to show up at there location. I walked in and was brought to the office where I had an interview. Why does glass door require this just to look at their website.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

It was fairly a easy process for because my preparation was the key to nail the interview. I would say just do the preparations about your interview and be calmed and just go with the flow.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Irving, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview was scheduled to be a video call interview which suppose to last for 1 hr.
    But the interviewers never showed up. Waited for more than 40 mins.
    You guys have to respect the candidates time.

I am never going back to this company.
    Never had such a bad experience ever before