The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,656 Interview Reviews

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vista, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application then they called to go to the store where two people interviewed me. After first one called and asked to come back for second interview with manager who hired me..

Interview Questions

• What did I want to accomplish   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perkasie, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Perkasie, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was with the Assistant Manager. Everything was arranged by email from Home Depot headquarters. It was very organized and pleasant. This was a smaller store. You will be notified if they would like you to go to the next step - a meeting with the HR manager. I received a business card with a phone # to check on the progress.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerned how would I handle different scenarios with customers at the check-out.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Submission of online application then I was contacted by a Home Depot Associate to complete a brief phone interview. I was then informed to come in for a face to face interview which was very pleasant. I was contacted about a week later to complete a background check and then drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous cashier and customer service experience.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oak Lawn, IL (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

personal interview : I applied on line for the part-time position. It took one year before they called me for an interview. The interview was about 20 minutes long. I had to have a drug test and the customary personality test. I was offered 9.00 an hour. Once I accepted the offer, I had one week of online training and I was put on the floor to begin. It is usual for the new person to have a spotter to assist with training on the register. Once I learned the register, it took me about 2-3 days and I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• what skills did I possess to work at the Home Depot?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Just brief personal questions. Making sure my schedule would work with what they needed and if i had the right personality. There were a few basic questions about problem solving and how I would handle certain things

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager was an hour and a half late with my interview left me sitting and waiting with nobody informing me that he was gonna be tardy. Which was really aggravating i felt it was very poor work ethics and showed little to no interest in how they represented home depot and potential future employees.i spoke to the person giving me the interview about this and was only brushed off .

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the opportunitys that home depot has to offer within employment   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salinas, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, waited awhile to get a response which was due to them being between human resource people. Received a call for an interview and went to interview. Arrived for my interview, answered the questions the Interviewer had and then filled out paperwork and did a drug test. Once drug test and background check came back clean, I was notified and called again to attend orientation.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Huntsville, AL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was good, they made me feel comfortable it wasn't nerve racking i felt as if I could be comfortable working at this job. They made me feel relaxed because at the time I was really needing a job and they gave me a feel of clarity that I had nothing to worry about.

Interview Questions

• What my goals where while I was in college   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Utica, MI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

After you make it to the in person interview, in my experience at least, I only had one interview in person. I met with an MOD first, we talked for awhile and he looked over my resume and asked questions and he decided he liked me so he introduced me to another MOD who was head of the cashiers. I was asked more questions and had to do a swab drug test right then and there and fill out paperwork once that was done. After, I just waited for the drug test to come back and then I was told I was good to go and given an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your past experience will help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • We often have promotions, such as the Home Depot Credit Card, How would you ask someone to sign up?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Little Rock, AR (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and short and I got a call back rarely quick. I do not recall anything else. Go apply and good luck. Great company to work for.