The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,904 Interview Reviews

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mobile, AL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially introduction was very friendly, attire was business casual, yet still felt relaxed. Store manager was very nice and informative about the company and the entire process had a great flow. It felt more like a conversation more than a strict question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a team and ran into a problem   7 Answers
    • If a customer were to ask you a question and you don’t know the answer, what would you do/say to them? How would you handle the situation   Answer Question
    • What brought you to The Home Depot?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Save yourself some effort. It a 15 day involved process of putting in hours of work every day: 2 phone screens, 1hr SQL test , 10 day real business case study (for which you should be compensated but are not), and a 5 hour long interview, only to be told they like you but wont hire due to economy. What a waste of my timee.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions about how to leverage data science to design the website   Answer Question

IT Developer Interview

Interview

Interview process then was very different than it is now -- previously it was a typical phone + in person interview with just conversation. Now it is a group interview with several technical activities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Great... Very great questions.... Was given a good stern interviewer....
    He was honest as so was I.,..
    Shared some great conversation outside of the work force too....
    Went through multiple interviews....
    Something like a 3 ppl process.....
    Asked alot of questions....
    But wasn't hard at all...

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. They only asked about 5 questions and if you get a offer they give you the drug test right there and then. And they ask what experience you have

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Average interview process and questions.. nothing too difficult. Asked to talk about previous experiences. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. Seems as if they were hardly listening to what I was actually saying and just saying "ok" "gotcha" to majority of the things I said.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to lead a group of people? How did you do this?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

interviewed 1 on 1 with direct department supervisor. Interview style was more conversational. Discussed expectations of the role. Explored current personal goals and future goals within the company if employees.

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I went to the meeting room and I met with the interviewer and she asked me some questions. I applied for cashier but she gave the option to be a lot associate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The entire interview process was really smooth and my recourse made sure that I was very well prepared for all the questions hiring team may ask.

Round 1 - Call with the recruiter (15 minutes)

Round 2 - Call with the hiring manager (30 minutes)

Round 3 - Due to covid 19, final round was virtual. I interviewed with 5 different people and everyone was from the team (unlike amazon where some random person can take your interview)

All the questions during my final round were were thoughtful and centred around prioritisation frameworks and my past experience. Also, I did get the typical PM questions

Interview Questions

• (1) Favourite product and why?
      (2) If you had to make an elevator pitch to the CEO explaining how your business is doing, how will you approach that?
      (3) How will you work with the data science team ? Using one pagers??   Answer Question

Interview

Half day interview process. Several activities. A group programming question, a group problem solving task, behavioral interviews, and a simple individual programming problem. There was a meal provided and plenty of time to get to chat with the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Print the numbers 1-100, with even and odd numbers in separate lines   1 Answer