The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,916 Interview Reviews

2.2

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Met with management in person. Very friendly and thorough. Several questions asked about background and people skills. The interview process was very smooth and I learned a lot about The Home Depot requirements and their safety standards. l really had a smooth interview done by a true professional.

Interview Questions

• How are your people skills? Are a safety conscious person?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Summerville, SC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied, scheduled an interview, completed the interview, and got an offer on the spot. While there they conducted a drug test and background check. The drug test is a mouth swab.

Interview Questions

Interview

Online application. Received email to schedule a phone interview. Proceeded to an in person interview with retail HR Specialist and an Assistant Manager. Received a follow up call to come in and speak with General Manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, not hard at all. They ask about yourself and briefly look at a resume if you have one, or they just look at your application.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ (US)).

Interview

At the interview, meet with supervisor twice for about 15 min apiece, then another supervisor said I was offered the job , to start in 30 days then some paperwork an drug testing, about 2 he total, enjoyed the experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to calm an irrate customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, AL (US)).

Interview

Assistant manager was very nice. General questions and laid back. Told me how home depot will help you move up in the company and will also train you in different departments

Cashiering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Asked a few questions then was offered a job. There is a packet that they ask all potential people. After they ask all the questions they walked to talk to another asm to see what they could offer me then was back in a few min offering me a position and pay. All in all was about 15-20 process

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

The interview process was VERY informal. I got a call to set up an interview the follow day. During that call i was given a brief description of the job duties, went over my background, and answered some very basic behavioral questions. At the end we discussed pay in which I was told I was asking more than they usually pay but I would hear back soon on if they could make it work. I never heard back - not an email or phone call to follow up. Super unprofessional and my calls were never answered nor returned when I called to inquire if they had reached a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a challenge at work and you you responded?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy and straightforward. Require drug tests. Met one day and asked the questions, then had to come back another day after the drug test came back.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Scheduled an interview online, when I got there they said they weren’t ready and come back later. I called them to schedule a different time and they said they couldn’t do any other times.