The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,654 Interview Reviews

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

it was a breeze all i had to do was apply it was easier than this process for getting reviews on companies i guess i should have just done an interview myself and it would have expedited the whole thing

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Benton Harbor, MI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

filled out am online application, week later have to call for a phone interview which set me up for a 0ne on one interview a few days last. very easy(FYI just be yourself nothing to worry about.)i applied at The Home Depot in Bentonharbor Mi.

Got hired on spot still waiting on background check

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call a week later asking if I could come in the next day. On day of my interview I received an email to call for an over the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you say to a customer knowing that you are the last person that they will talk to in the store.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Huntsville, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

You have to submit an application online. After a week or two, corporate will call and conduct a phone interview. A week or two after that there's an in store interview.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and then received an email that I would be contacted by phone and asked some questions. They called 2 days later and at first it is a machine and then they transfer you to an actual person that reads the description of the job, where the job will be at and how much they pay. They ask if you are still interested and then they ask simple basic interview questions. I think 4 days passed and I got a call from the home depot where I would be hired and they scheduled an interview with me the next day. I just had the interview today and it was nice and easy! They came in with a packet and asked me about my availability. After signing off on that they asked me about 3 to 4 questions. It seemed like the same questions they conducted over the phone. The supervisors were very nice and after they conducted the drug test right then and there! She said hopefully 2 weeks after she gets the results from the drug test and background check I can get scheduled for training!

Interview Questions

• how would you handle an unhappy angry customer?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time where you had to work fast paced on a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The first part of the interview was over the phone. The questions asked were pretty basic. They asked questions such as, "Have you ever been in a situation at work where you have been required to work on a team, and if so, what was your role on that team and how did you help them to accomplish your goals?" There were two other very similar questions. Based on how you answer those questions is whether or not you get to move on to the person to person interview in a store. When I was told that I was going in for a person to person interview, I guess I was a little excited. So, when I went in for the person to person interview, I interviewed with the store operations manager. He asked questions about my experience as a cashier and how I would handle certain situations. It wasn't very long, maybe 5 minutes, and I was told that I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation at work where you have been required to work on a team, and if so, what was your role on that team and how did you help them to accomplish your goals?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

After you apply and if they have an opening, they first contact you to do a phone interview. They ask basic questions starting out with questions such as: "Are you willing to to work under these conditions (and then they list conditions related to your job)?", "Are you will to work for $X dollars per hour?". After these initial basic questions they ask open ended questions such as "Describe a work experience when you had to ___". If you get past the phone interview they will schedule an in person interview. During one phone interview I had they scheduled an in person interview after the phone interview but during another phone interview I had for a different position they called a few days later to schedule an in person interview. During the in person interview you meet with the manager over the department and they have a set of questions they must ask. As you answer these questions they are required to write down your answers so please be courteous to them and keep your answers concise. They asked questions about my previous work experience, why I want to work for the company, how I feel I could represent the company's values, etc. After the in person interview they will give you a call within the next week or two and let you know if they want you to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were presented with a difficult situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2015.

Interview

Went in and waited for my interview. The people there are AMAZING!! They talked to me about the job and then asked about 5 questions and was offered the position on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmont, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elmont, NY (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in to interview and was asked questions on my experience and on what would I do if I was in a certain situation. I was also asked how would i work with others

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was to be about fifteen minutes. Ended up being an hour and a half. The interviewer saw potential in me to move up the ranks and we discussed a plan. I left feeling awesome and encouraged! I started days later and I love it so far. Great growth potential. I feel like this is a company that truly cares about its associates. Excited to see what is next!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who asked a question you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer