The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Kitchen Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.5

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Raleigh, NC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

2 locations tried to transfer to and people in charge where rude , no class.
Very quick. Lots of weekly training on computer. Safe training was useful. Lots of dealing with the customer questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Daly City, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Pretty much like every other interview. They have an open management. So just be professional and direct your concerns. Scheduling the interview getting drug test. And after you got hired online training.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in terms of providing the best customer service   1 Answer

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shorewood, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Shorewood, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

You were screened first to make sure you had prior relevant design experience. If you passed that, they scheduled interview. Then you met with assistant manager. Would have been better if interviewer had knowledge of the position you were being hired for.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous jobs that would help you succeed in this position.   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Great Interveiw, I had a 30 minute interview with the DH kitchen and bath they asked me about my prior work,and she was very easy to talk to,I later had another interview with the store manager and they were very I'm pressed with my work, I was offered a job on the spot

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Utica, MI (US)).

Interview

Came in before the scheduled time and waited about 15 minutes before the manager finally came. Then during the course of the interview the manager left 4 times. A seven question interview took over an hour and a half. I sat in an empty room by myself longer than it took to do the actually interview. They don’t respect my time and are very unprofessional.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Submitted online application. Interviewed with store manager. No openings in desired position, but, offered position in favorable alternate dept. Offer accepted. Manager stated, I would be contacted the following week to schedule for orientation. Following week, No call received. I called and left 3 seperate messages, no response. 2nd week, contacted by manager of another store with a current opening in the position I had originally applied for. Unable to apply, application status frozen by 1st store manager. Called, left message, requesting release of application status due to 3 week delay in scheduling of orientation and availability of position at alternate store. Request declined, 4th week contacted to schedule orientation appt. During orientation, notified reassigned to dept 59 Decor instead of Dept 36 Outside Design Consultant. Refused reassignment, reinstated as Dept 36, but in reality provided full coverage for dept 59.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, mostly concerned with scheduling and availibility to work weekends.   Answer Question

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mesa, AZ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Mostly situational questions about dealing with customers in the kitchen showroom. How to deal with upset customer, questions to ask a customer when they are looking to buy a kitchen, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some questions that come to mind when you are talking to someone about doing a kitchen remodel?   1 Answer

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

the process was good, the interviewer was not good, there was specific things that were being looked for but when it came down to them it was not good. if i was to rate it overall it would be 3

Interview Questions

• When you are starting up a design what are the first questions you need to discuss with the customer?   1 Answer

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elgin, IL (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with HR then again with both HR and store manager. Easy interviews as long as you know a thing or two about kitchen design. It was more based on having a personality to work in retail and having a schedule to work retail hours.

Kitchen Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ontario, CA (US)).

Interview

I didn't apply to them. HR contacted me after seeing my resume online and asked me if I was interested in the job. After 2 phone interviews and 2 in-store interviews, I got the job during my 4th interview with the store manager.

The interview process is lengthy especially the in-store interviews which each one taking 3 hours! They go through a huge book of interview questions similar to an exam paper except it seems to never end. They asked me to bring in my portfolio which impressed them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem wearing steel toe shoes?   1 Answer
    • Did you have a situation where you had a problem with the client/customer?   Answer Question
    • Did you have customer experience before? If so, how did your customer experience in work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.