The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Lot Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.8

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harlingen, TX (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Received a call from Atlanta about 3 weeks after applying online. A phone interview of about 3 questions was conducted without notice. Referred my interview schedule to the Harlingen Home Depot, which was about three days after the phone interview.

The one-on-one interview was rather informal; I was interviewed by the operations manager. He read about 10 questions from a script, with questions that ask you to recall instances in past work, volunteer, and education experiences that display work ethics, strengths, and weaknesses pertinent to the questions. Then you play a sales associate in a role-playing scenario where the interviewer is a customer. He asked about making a doghouse. The operations manager acted informally.

At the end of the interview, I was told there was a new hiring system that The Home Depot had just adopted, and that they weren't sure when I would be called, and that I probably would be called from Atlanta headquarters. I haven't been called since; it has been 5 days.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer acting as customer: "Hello, I am frustrated with my dog. He runs around in puddles of mud and comes in and creates a big mess all over the carpet. I don't know what to do with him anymore. I'm frustrated. Can you help me?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

it starts off with the little online test,then depending on what place or what psoition,they'll give you that
    the phone interviiew, i believe was just 2 questions,what are your skills and why you want to work here, (those aren't the exact questions, this was 2 weeks ago, my memory sucks) after that they/ll give u an automated call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview.the questions they asked was, what was my past experience and how to deal with irate (mad) customers. the interviewer seemed to only be paying half attention, i think the 1on1 was actually just a in person job summary.the drug test was a pain in the ass, but thats because i had to go on a saturday.
    after 2 weeks, ive gotten no response from them.

Interview Questions

• phone question 1 (i think)
      why do you want to work for us (or work in the position you chose.)   1 Answer
    • 1 0n 1 question
      how do you deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Meadow, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (East Meadow, NY (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone interview, then couple days later, I scheduled a 1 on 1 interview in the store. went in was asked 5 questions and few other questions about the store. No offer.
    Asked about prior experience
    Why I want this job.
    What makes me a good candidate

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2019.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy interview. It was about 15 minutes long. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview. The manager asked 5 questions (all very easy questions to answer), offered me the position, which I accepted. A background check was started, which took no more than 20 minutes. There was also a drug test (mouth swab) as the end.

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I arrived early for the interview process, and I was greeted by someone, and then introduced to my interviewer. Though it was nerve racking, I managed to go through, and was hired because I seemed like a positive and honest person, with a nice personality.

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bowie, MD (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

You do it online they gave many question to fill out once your done they'll review it and call for further employment after that you show up for a in person interview in if they like you they'll hired you.

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Took too long for a par time job with low pay. Took a month before after I applied to get an interview. Than I dad to go in three times before I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Home Depot?   1 Answer

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online through the Home Depot website. It took a month or so get into the interview chair. I applied to several positions and after the initial “thanks for applying” to email, I got only two emails asking me to confirm availability and accept the pay rate for that particular position. After that, I only got one email asking me to schedule an interview. Not sure if they choose you for one position and then end your app for the other ones or if it’s even possible to interview for multiple positions.

The interview was fairly straightforward. I was asked very standard interview questions. I don’t believe I had any amazing answers, but I was eventually passed onto the store manager the same day for a more candid interview. It was just some small talk and he basically told me that they were just looking for someone to show up. I was then sent to the meeting room to finish up some paperwork and do a drug test.

After a week or so I was sent a “Congratulations” email and had to wait a few days for the HR person to call me to setup a date/time to come in and confirm my work status(I-9 form).

After that, I had to return for an orientation. I basically sat on the computer and watched some video clips that go over the work environment and other stuff. I also set up my associate’s account and was shown how to use their employee website to check schedules, apply for benefits, etc. There wasn’t any specific training that day. I was paid for my time during the orientation(6 hours).

Good Luck!

Lot Associate Interview

Interview

Quick, couple of questions, hired on spot
    Lots of other people were waiting to be interviewed at the same time
    Questions were very easy to answer
    Interviewer was pleasant and friendly
    Started with a phone interview

Lot Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about a week later. I went in to the manager's office and waited maybe 10 minutes before the interview was conducted. Very straight forward and no pressure involved.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck in a situation where you had an angry customer, how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.