The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, it took about two to two and a half weeks for them to contact me. They sent a detailed email telling me that they reviewed my application and that the staffing center (in ATL, GA) would call me for a phone interview. Surprisingly, I received a call from them 10 minutes later. The woman conducting the interview was very down to earth and made it extremely easy to talk to her. As soon as the interview was over she immediately set a 1:1 interview in the store which I applied. That interview was extremely easy as well. They mainly focus on problem solving skills and customer service. By the environment of the store, I could automatically tell what they were looking for. After my interview, the interviewer took the results to his SM (store manager) and they gave me the job on the spot.

They pay based on retail experience; you don't need to know much about your required position because they put you through training once you start. I'd also advise that you be ready to go take a drug test right after. They give you 48 hours to return your results, which really means 24 hours since they count the interview date. The company overall seemed great, no problems what so ever!

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were helping a customer who was really indecisive about which item to chose and the customer behind them (with a more expensive item) started to get annoyed.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2009.

Interview

Even though it was a merchandising position, the interview consisted of a few role playing questions about customer service. Example "how would you help a customer looking to buy gloves?" I was also asked about my greatest strength, my experience in merchandising.

Interview Questions

• Role Play: "How would you help a customer with gloves?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate but that was 2008, I got at least $2.00 more an hour than what they listed

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

The "Interview" was very ambiguous. It was more of a formality. I was pretty much over qualified for the position, but they needed people and I needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had to deal with merchandise.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Anaheim Hills, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

it was one of the best interview process's I ever had. got in 15 minutes early, had a great conversation with the trainees while waiting and went in for the interview. there were two people in the room; the hiring manager and the store manager. they were relaxed and very positive. I felt a good vibe from the start. they asked me around 5 real easy questions and ended the interview with a good joke and an offer.

the most important thing is to smile a lot and laugh if somethings funny. good vibes go a long way. ohh and relax.

Interview Questions

• if you have a project like a display model to complete but you are running out of time and a customer comes in asking for assistance what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

usually whatever you put as your highest past hourly wage they will offer to you. or aleast something close.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Renton, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online through their website & was surprised by the prompt return of interest.
    There automated system had me answer a few general questions about my availability and over all interests in the job description.

This lead to the in person interview, It was all pretty quick & orderly; I didnt have a lot of confidence in the online/automated system at first, but over all no complaints

Interview Questions

• 4am startup for Merchandising position   2 Answers

Too far away for metro to get me there on time

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

very basic question and easy , they want to make sure you love to sell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much can you go take a drug test now , yes

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ellicott City, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was standard but whole process is insane and drawn out. 1 interview for 1 store and 1 position at a time. If they dont remove you from consideration you don't get other interviews.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The merchandising manager conducted the interview. He was very friendly and professional. First he talked about the job, the hours and generally what the job entails. Then he walked me through, step by step, a sample of what they do. Comparing the planagrams to what is in the aisle, and using the handheld technology.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Blaine, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was one interview and a walk thru of a typical work day. They offered me the position and I accepted. I then had to take an oral drug test at that time.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online got a email a week later saying they will contact me to have a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.