The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, it took about two to two and a half weeks for them to contact me. They sent a detailed email telling me that they reviewed my application and that the staffing center (in ATL, GA) would call me for a phone interview. Surprisingly, I received a call from them 10 minutes later. The woman conducting the interview was very down to earth and made it extremely easy to talk to her. As soon as the interview was over she immediately set a 1:1 interview in the store which I applied. That interview was extremely easy as well. They mainly focus on problem solving skills and customer service. By the environment of the store, I could automatically tell what they were looking for. After my interview, the interviewer took the results to his SM (store manager) and they gave me the job on the spot.

They pay based on retail experience; you don't need to know much about your required position because they put you through training once you start. I'd also advise that you be ready to go take a drug test right after. They give you 48 hours to return your results, which really means 24 hours since they count the interview date. The company overall seemed great, no problems what so ever!

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were helping a customer who was really indecisive about which item to chose and the customer behind them (with a more expensive item) started to get annoyed.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The merchandising manager conducted the interview. He was very friendly and professional. First he talked about the job, the hours and generally what the job entails. Then he walked me through, step by step, a sample of what they do. Comparing the planagrams to what is in the aisle, and using the handheld technology.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Blaine, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was one interview and a walk thru of a typical work day. They offered me the position and I accepted. I then had to take an oral drug test at that time.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was a few minutes late, wasn’t a big deal. What was a big deal was when they told me that the position I was supposed to be interviewing for had already been filled. So they had me broaden my application to include cashier, I got back and get interviewed by a different person, and they told me that there were no cashier positions available, but that I should further broaden my application to include sales! After the interview, they told me that they had another round of hiring happening on Thursday and that they would call if I put my name up for sales. I was very excited about this interview but I don’t believe that I want to work for a company who blindly hires before meeting all applicants.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you a question, and you didn’t know the answer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palisades, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palisades, NY (US)).

Interview

Asked me questions on experience, as long as you think prior to the interview about all of your experiences and does that relate to the Home Depot you will be fine.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone screen for 30 minutes with a pre phone interview call to prepare for the interview. The questions were simple and straightforward - all behavioral. They wanted to know how my past experience would relate to the position and also if my personality would work well in this role.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Straight to the point as far as what the company expects. Who did the MET work for. And their main priority was to make the vendors look clean and professional.

Interview Questions

• Have you work in this line of work before   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in November 2017.

Interview

This was a typical interview using scenario based questions where the interviewer would pose a situation. The candidate is then given time to compose a verbal response. Most of the questions are designed to have the candidate give an example of how they handled a situation.

Interview Questions

• What generated your interest in this position?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in December 2017.

Interview

I went in about 10-15 minutes before my interview was actually scheduled and my interviewer came right away, which really helped with my nerves. He was very nice and walked me around the store, introduced me to everyone on the Merchandising team, and told me quite a bit about what exactly I would be doing if I got the job. We then went to his office where he asked me quite a few questions from a packet. There was probably about 15, and they were mostly all describe a time situations. It was a more difficult interview than I expected, but he was nice and went slow and made me feel very comfortable. The only awkward time was at the end after I asked a few questions we both just sort of sat there, haha. But he said he has a few more interviews to do and will contact the people he hires sometime next week so I’m really hoping I got it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time questions... such as when my morals were challenged at school or work , those sort of questions.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barstow, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Barstow, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email saying I was chosen for an interview. It took about a month to hear back about an interview. I did not have to do a phone screening but instead just answered questions from a link provided then got to schedule my in person interview. I interviewed with the merchandising supervisor. There was 10 questions which were mostly situational questions. I have prior experience in merchandising so it was rather easy. He told be he had 7 other interviews to do and only 1 spot available and he'll contact me later in the week. Two days later I got a call saying I got the position and if I can go in the next day for a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.