The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Scheduled an interview online, when I got there they said they weren’t ready and come back later. I called them to schedule a different time and they said they couldn’t do any other times.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Two rounds of a 30-minute interview. Mostly behavioral interview questions with a mini-case. However, they emailed me the day before, saying there will be no cases. But on the day of interview, I still received two cases, which I did not do very well on.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Overall the interview process was professional. I had to complete questionnaires online and in person they asked several questions. The interview went well, it was pretty much just hour average job interview

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bolingbrook, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The shift and job was explained to me. I Was asked 3 questions about how I would handle a situation. Still have not responded to me after they said they would call me back in a week.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying I've been selected to move forward and to click on a link for a quick questionnaire. It said it was a full-time position and asked me if that was ok. I hit yes because I need full time. I get a call the next day to come in for an interview. The guy was nice and he told me about the job and did a quick interview. He had this paper printed off of my questionnaire and asked me if all of it looked good still. I said yes. He said he is going to go ahead and get the approval to hire me. He takes off in the back for about 4 minutes. He comes back and says that the position is actually part time and if I was ok with that. He then tries to explain that they want to start me off and see how I do..... as if I might not be able to handle the job.....No idea if that was the real case or if it was typical bait and switch from a retail store. No respect for their candidates and just like to waste everyone's time. I declined the position and had a lesson learned to never apply to Home Depot again. I had applied years ago for a loss prevention job and they bait and switched me before but at least it was on the phone and not in person unlike this.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you like working in a team?
      2) Name a time you had to be very detailed.
      3) Are you good with technology?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chandler, AZ (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Short interview, asked about past experience and if i can work the hours. Very basic interview and explained the hiring process and what was expected with the job. Pay was extremely low.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was a few minutes late, wasn’t a big deal. What was a big deal was when they told me that the position I was supposed to be interviewing for had already been filled. So they had me broaden my application to include cashier, I got back and get interviewed by a different person, and they told me that there were no cashier positions available, but that I should further broaden my application to include sales! After the interview, they told me that they had another round of hiring happening on Thursday and that they would call if I put my name up for sales. I was very excited about this interview but I don’t believe that I want to work for a company who blindly hires before meeting all applicants.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you a question, and you didn’t know the answer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Blaine, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was one interview and a walk thru of a typical work day. They offered me the position and I accepted. I then had to take an oral drug test at that time.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The merchandising manager conducted the interview. He was very friendly and professional. First he talked about the job, the hours and generally what the job entails. Then he walked me through, step by step, a sample of what they do. Comparing the planagrams to what is in the aisle, and using the handheld technology.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Escondido, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for a job with Home Depot on line. After approx. 2 weeks i receive a call from an "888" number on my phone the call was an auto mated male voice confirming that I recently applied for a position with Home Depot the course of the phone call would continue by me pressing 1 or 2 for yes or no. The next part of the automated call was a test I was going to be given the automated voice let me know that IF I were to answer "no" to any of the following questions i would no longer be eligible for a position with Home Depot. The questions were 5 in quantity asking me if I am available to work days, nights or week-ends and a couple of other questions in which I answered all of them 'yes'. "Great" said the automated voice 'now lets schedule you for an interview, the voice gave me an option of what days and hours were available i chose a day and time and I was given a confirmation number . I then received an email confirming the interview. I found this to be cold, just a disturbing form of getting a chance to be hired on with a company and it took away from me personally what I felt that "home' stood for, When I think of Home Depot I always had the visual of a place that sells things for people to build or improve their "Homes' the automate computerized call left me feeling like this company has taken away a responsibility of managers to find employees by weeding them out over the phone just by hearing the voice of someone will show the enthusiasm that is expected when working in a place that deals with customers.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if two fellow employees were to start arguing while in front of me? I was asked what did i do at a previous job that was above and beyond my duties for a customer or fellow employee - this question is ludicrous because every job has different situations and different policies what I may be able to do for a customer at one place may not be plausible at another company due to rules regulations and polices, in other words the person giving the interview may see what I did for a customer while working at another employer as someone who didn't follow the company's policies where i am applying, so this question should have no value to hiring someone and should be omitted from the hiring process- in my opinion. The other question was why Home Depot - why? Well I applied because I thought I would like working for the company - I don't apply for a job if I am not familiar with what they do or have some interest in it, Why not? Because I heard that home depot was hiring and i happen to be looking for a job - prior to when home depot was hiring I was employed so i didn't need follow through since I was already employed. At no time was I asked what i had experience in as far as retail, I was not asked if i was familiar with SKU's or resets or POG's or setting up for holiday merchandise or running inventory on merchandise to make sure that the stock matched the inventory - many times there will be a mis-sale in which a error in the bar code or shoplifting will ultimately cause a store to believe they have merchandise on hand and when a customer is in need for something and there isn't any on the floor or in back stock but the store records show differently, NOTHING, was in reference to the actual position of merchandising - the person giving the interview told me that he was not use to giving interviews and if he happened to fall asleep during the interview to make sure i wake him because he finds the interview process to be quite boring and not his cup of tea, and this person's lack of interest in interviewing me or anyone else has been put in charge of making a decision regarding the future of the applicant as well as the company. That had to be the rudest thing I have ever had said to me at an interview in my life. He then said we were done and that it would be a couple of days and this was a 10 minute interview, I was told that home depot gives 5 min to 10 min interviews if they don't like what they see or hear in the first five minutes they end it and send you on your way if you make it to 10 mins then you have a chance because they like what they saw and heard. So I made it to 10. Never to hear back on the job but to get called in for another interview in which I was interviewed again by a non - manager but an associate - who normally didn't do interviews given no questions regarding the position and she doodled the entire time on a piece of paper then asked me if i had the confirmation number from the automated voice and I said no she said she would look it up and turn it in to the supervisor and then I was told as we walked out together, you know don't give up keep trying I am sure there is a job out there for you. As she flipped her hair and started to talk to another employee with the company about going on break, I know she never gave my information to her supervisor and yet I get another call for another interview a week later for a different position, You know what Home Depot, you blew it with me, your company sucks I will find a job elsewhere. Oh and to top it off after each interview I received an email from the home depot asking me to rate the interviewer and the process and I gave it all thumbs down and then I was offered a selections of coupons and if I wanted to be added to the marketing company that was providing this interview process for home depot....can you believe that? They were never hiring they were looking for customers and surveys - getting paid by some marketing company the survey asked me if i would ever shop at home depot or if I would recommend friends and family to shop at Home depot before this experience yes after this experience I will never step in foot of a Home Depot again, they missed out i would have been an awesome employee but they were looking for someone to breakup their school yard fights while limiting the customer service experience to customers by standing behind that line of limitations they give them, I will take my business to Lowes or Ace .   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.