The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2019.

Interview

Called me in less than a week for an interview. Questions were simple and easy to answer. Then they called me in the next week for a "second" interview. They basically told me I got the job but asked if I could be front desk instead and asked for a drug test right away.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you and a team worked towards a goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Franklin, TN (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

First, you have to wait for the help desk to call someone for your interview. The interview process was very generic. I felt like he was reading from a sheet, asking me "how to handle failure" and "working as a team". He did his job with a neutral face, in an average way, but stuck the landing on placement of position for hire. He did so by taking note of my abilities and choosing the right position for me. Then they do a drug swab, where you have to wait while this thing is in your mouth for a couple of minutes. After that, they needed you to read some digital stuff and digitally sign some background information.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to overcome a difficulty in a group?   1 Answer
    • When someone needed help, how did you help them?   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

All interviews are a carbon copy for all positions. There is no originality for different positions and are very basic. There can be a lack of enthusiasm if the person giving the interview is feeling pressed for time.

Interview Questions

• Please tell about past experience about working on a team, and what was the goal and outcome.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Athens, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

You must apply online. They they will call you to confirm and do a short phone interview. Then you'll be called into the store for a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• If someone is looking for something, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • What is your customer service history?   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cape Coral, FL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I wasn't planning on working at THD but I applied online, and a couple of days later I received an email, then someone called me to schedule an interview, what I really liked about it was that it was quick, the woman called and asked if I was available for the next day in the morning and I said yes, I went and she asked me many questions about costumer service, they will ask if u know how to handle an angry costumer etc, she said that I had to make another interview with the department manager (I think) and again what I really liked was that SHE TOLD ME TO COME IN THE SAME DAY! I was excited bc i needed the job asap, so then after that a old man asked me the same questions, I think he wanted to make sure about me? Then he told me about my salary and took me to the main office to get my drug test, that's when I supposed that I was hired, after that what I hated about it was that it took them almost 2 week to call me for the results of my test, then I went and I had to give them my SSN and my info and at the same day I had orientation in the computers (which are MANY and really annoying)

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fuquay-Varina, NC (US)).

Interview

The process was organized. The hiring manager gave us tools for our workplace, described the nature and values of our work, and went over all policies briefly before lettinf us watch a video in depth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complicated customer?
      You see a coworker stealing merchandise, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tustin, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with HR then Store Manager. General questions about how I would handle sales related events, upset customers, can I work in a group etc. The remainder of the interview was the store manager and I just talking and him giving me all the reasons I should work for The Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• What do I see my self doing in 5 years in relationship to The Home Depot.   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone call then go to store for interview. Interview people couldnt care less about the process. The main manager got a trainee to interview me. He read from a binder while the manager literaly was checking facebook.

Better offer.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Felt very much forced, not much interest from hiring manager, kind of doing it because he had to. They will hire just about anyone when they are short on people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you went above and beyond what was expected.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Stage interview. First is on the internet answering basic knowledge questions of home improvement to locate your best fit department. Next is a phone interview (outsourced) which is a bit frustrating with you giving monologues and waiting for the guy on the phone to finish writing down details. Last step is in person with associate at the store and store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.