The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Paint Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy; asked me what experience I had with painting projects and other hardware type questions. What tools I've had experience using, etc. Also asked about grouting and tiling and electrician experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (El Monte, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was contacted by HR within two days for an interview. It was summer and they needed people because of the high turnover. I was first interviewed by the ASM (Assistant Store Manager) with the DH (Department Head) in the office room. He had a list of questions and he went through very quickly, like rapid-fire. I came back another day to interview with the Store Manager. He made me an offer on the spot after the interview. HR gave me some forms to fill out. Did the drug test on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your background. Do you have any experience with paint or sales? Tell me how you would calm an angry customer if you've made a mistake.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vacaville, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

First process was an initial phone interview. They asked about how much you care about customer service. Second part was to schedule a interview with a manager. after that interview, you would meet with the store manager and there you would find out if you get the job

Interview Questions

• If i am willing to work weekends   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Stage interview. First is on the internet answering basic knowledge questions of home improvement to locate your best fit department. Next is a phone interview (outsourced) which is a bit frustrating with you giving monologues and waiting for the guy on the phone to finish writing down details. Last step is in person with associate at the store and store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Elgin, IL (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

There is a phone screening that takes place first then after a month or so you get a call from the HR of the store then you get to manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work?
      What will you do in tough situations?
      Are you willing to learn multiple departments?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes it was, I was offered more than I was making at my last job.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

First part of the process was over the phone. after that basic questionnaire i was told that i would be contacted in a few days. About two days later i was called and asked to come in. when i got there i walked to the back and had a quick interview. few Questions. In and out. Nailed it.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wilmington, DE (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

quick and easy I applied online and within 3 days I received a call to schedule an interview. during the course of the interview I was asked questions related mostly to customer service

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for home depot?

educational background?

questions were based on given scenarios in which you were asked how you would respond to each specific one   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (University of Denver, CO (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to interview was completely automated, mostly handled by robots. The interview questions were robotic standards, and despite feeling as though I'd made a personal impression on the interviewer, i had to call the store back to learn that "they'd found a more qualified applicant."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to ensure customer satisfaction.   Answer Question

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Macomb, MI (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied Via the Home Depot Website. Very easy process and didn't take very long considering other online applications that are out there. Filled out my information employment history, skills, etc. Then you were allowed to filter the available locations you would like to work at and select the different skills that you have and/or would like to learn and based on this information you are thrown into a big hat and hope for a phone call. I received a phone call a few days later asking if i would like to come in for a 1-on-1 interview for a position in the paint department. the person who called informing me of the position was not the same person that i would be interviewing with and could not give me any additional information about the position requirements. I was interviewed by nice lady who had been working the same paint department shift supervisor position for 8 years(First clue about advancement opportunity). After about a 45 minute interview consisting of preformed questions such as, "have you ever been faced with an upset customer and what did you do to rectify the situation?" I was told that the interviewer liked what she heard and was considering me for the position. still not having any clue what the position entails i began to ask questions pertaining to what my job duties would be. after a phone call and a 45+ minute interview i finally was told that i was being interviewed for a part-time and temporary position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with an upset customer and how did you rectify the situation?   1 Answer

after Asking what home depot considers part-time(anywhere from 15-40+hrs/week) and what the possibility of being hired to a non-seasonal employee would be (slim to none) i politely said thank you for the opportunity to interview for the position and left the tiny 5x5ft office right next to the bathrooms that was being shared by 6 different supervisors.

only positive experience from this was the interviewing practice.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kerrville, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kerrville, TX (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

I received an email telling me I would be called by HQ for an on the phone interview. The phone interview was simple and took only 10 minutes. If everything goes well, you get a second, instore interview with manager on duty followed by a final interview with the store manager. The questions are cookie cutter and are geared towards finding out whether you have experience in customer service and some leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the pay was high enough. Later on i found out that the other employee hired for the same position was given the same pay when that person was not bilingual.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.