The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I did not have a very good experience.

First, my interviewer was 45 minutes late to meet me. They did not apologize, nor did they seem engaged or interested in even being there. I felt sad, and like I really didn't want to work for them, even though I need the job. It's basic paperwork stuff, and they say they will schedule me for a second interview. They me later that day to schedule. I have to call them twice before I hear from them the day before my interview.

The second interview got scheduled, and I went to that. I met the store manager. They were very friendly. I really got the impression that this is a run-of-the-mill customer service job. I was put back with the person who first interviewed me for the on-site drug test.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the best job you've ever had?

2) What have you done to go above and beyond at a previous position?

3) Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Submission of online application then I was contacted by a Home Depot Associate to complete a brief phone interview. I was then informed to come in for a face to face interview which was very pleasant. I was contacted about a week later to complete a background check and then drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous cashier and customer service experience.   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Delray Beach, FL (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about a week. There was an initial phone interview. The phone interview was automated and was mostly about your willingness to do the job and work the hours that they needed. After answering the questions I scheduled an in person interview. In the first interview I met with the assistant store manager. The assistant store manager asked me 6 situation based questions I then had a second interview with the sore manager a few days later. She mostly went over what I discussed with the assistant store manager and tried to get to know me as a person. After being offered the job I had to do a drug test on the spot from a mouth swab.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got an email a week after completing the online application that they were interested in meeting face-to-face. But first I had to do a phone screening with an automated call attendant basically making sure I had availability and interest in the position. From there, I scheduled an interview the next week and that went well. Scheduled the second interview the next day and that went even better. Did the drug test and awaiting the results.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer needed help with an item that you had no knowledge of?   2 Answers
    • How would you interact with a rude customer?   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2016.

Interview

The application process about two weeks. After, I recieved an automated phone interview in which they asked about having an open availability for weekends and holidays then followed up with setting an in person interview. Drug test on the spot. Results from drug test and background check took a little over a week (varies for everyone) and received a call back.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was professional yet not high pressure. They asked questions about speed of transactions, dealing with unruly customers and experience with different systems. After a series of questions that he read from the standard packet of Home Depot interview questions, he said he would be interviewing other candidates and get back to me. I ended up having to follow up with the interviewer and ended up not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• During an average hour in a shift, how many transactions have you completed in the past?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

- I waited about 15mins to be interviewed, it was a large group of 15-20 of ppl waiting to be interviewed. But took my drug test the same day as my interview & now have to wait up to 2 weeks for a call.

Interview Questions

• How would i help a customer that didn't have a great experience in store?   Answer Question
    • - How much experience have i had in Customer Service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

- Didn't negotiate, took the offer which was $10 an hour.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Flower Mound, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Same as everybody else I applied online on May 2016. I called them couple times after that they said i had to wait for a call. Two weeks later got a call from automated system for the phone screening interview which is a machine asking u yes or no questions. Then the system schedules a face to face interview. You never get to talk to a real person. Once i got to the store I talked to one of the managers, very easy going is a kinda formal interview but not really. He asked me like 5 questions which to me is a lot, i get nervous. It went well then he told me to come back 3 days later for another interview with another manager (idk what does that mean, if i got it or not) and that's where i'm at right now.

Interview Questions

• What do i find appealing about home depot that i wanna work there?   Answer Question
    • How would i greet a customer if I'm the last person they get in contact with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to perform two tasks at the same time with both speed and precision and how did u do it.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer. What would you say?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Very quick and easy. Applied online, emailed about the position, took an automated phone interview and set the time for an in-person one. In-person interview took about ten minutes, got offered the cashier position.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a customer asked something you could not answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer simple and thoughtful answers, don't sound too rehearsed. Just be honest

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

After you submit your application you wait one to two days and then call the recruiter to know the status of your application, they will call you back and the automated interview machine by phone will ask you a few questions confirm that you still want the job and the pay and then they set up a face-to-face interview where once you get your hours straightened out you do drug test and background check, after a few days you get orientation and start working.