The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucca Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Yucca Valley, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks to get a call back from my application online, as i was told you cant check up on your application, they have to call you. Applied for cashier but was offered outdoor sales associate instead. Fine by me, however when I went in for the interview I waited something like 1/2 an hour past time cause no one knew they had a interview that day. Interview was very short and to the point, consisting of 6 questions read off of a piece of paper. And although it may not reflect the overall company, the worst part was when I went back later that day to give a thank you card to the interviewer. Nothing but rudeness.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online.
    2. Received an email within 1-2 days: Stating that I will receive a call for phone screening.
    3. Missed the call but I called back: First let me know the job position info. and asked questions.
        Q Ex. Are you still interested in applying for the position in Home Depot. Press 1: YES.
        After all the questions, I was given dates and I was able to pick which date I want to the interview.
    4. Interview day: I followed the instructions given in my email that I received after the phone screening. Wear Business attire, and Go to the special services/Customer service counter and show them the email that you received. (Printed). They have showed me the backroom office for the managers. I waited for 10 minutes since I arrived 15 minutes earlier prior to my interview.
    5. After 10 minutes, I met the manager who is interviewing me, and I went inside an office where my interview was going to take place. (It is a very relaxing place to be interviewed).
    6. THE INTERVIEW: Manager first asked my schedule availability and restated information about the position. Stated that it is a $10.00 wage. Then he asked me 5 different questions regarding my work experience for customer service. 3 questions were scenario questions, but they were straight forward. After the questions, he offered me the job. I ACCEPTED.
    7. We went to another office to do DRUG TEST and SIGN DOCUMENTS.
    FINISH.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your past work experience.   1 Answer
    • Q: How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a time where you had to meet a goal and did in fast.   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me a time where you didn't know the answer to a customers question.   Answer Question
    • Q: Why do you want to work here? / ADDITIONAL Q. In the end they might ask: Why should i hire you?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Falls Church, VA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

You apply through CareerDepot online. You get an schedule a personal interview and also get a phone interview. My phone interview was messed up because they thought I applied for head cashier when I applied for just part time cashier. Anyway I sent an email to HR then I got emailed for a in person interview. Just went to a quite room and proceeded answering questions then got hired immediately after.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

APPLIED THEN CALLED FROM AUTOMATED SYSTEM ASKED TO COME IN FACE TO FACE. Waited almost 3 hr and nothing. Don't have relevant experience nor any recent employment so I was never even considered

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on October 2015. I received an email on December to either call or wait for the 800 number to call me. I called and had a phone interview, they asked about past customer experiences and at the end of the phone call they set up a face to face interview at my local store. I had my face to face interview January 4, 2016. I arrived 10 minutes early but waited 30 minutes in the breakroom before the interviewer came and got me. It wasnt much of an interview, she just asked if i had open availability and I said yes. That only lasted like 10 minutes, after that she walked me to human resources where I did a swab test and signed for a background check. I was told it would take 5 to 7 days before they would get the results. Almost two weeks had passed and I didnt receive a call so I decided to call them. I called on Thursday, January 14, 2016 and asked about my results, the lady I spoke with said to come on in Friday, January 15, 2016 so she could put me in the system. I went in on Friday, signed some paperwork and was given a schedule. I started computer training Wednesday, January 20, 2016 and have official orientation on Saturday, January 23, 2016 and I am so happy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is already set.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Little Rock, AR (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was relaxed and short and I got a call back rarely quick. I do not recall anything else. Go apply and good luck. Great company to work for.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2016.

Interview

I had interviewed at Home Depot once a year ago and I didn't get hired because I had another job, but through extreme circumstances I lost that job. I decided a month or so ago to put in an application again and see where it goes. Ironically, the same store from before called me for an interview. I come to the interview and I was right on time it was not structured. It took probably about 10 to 15 minutes. I was told I would get a call within two weeks it was more like three or four...but I got the call for a second interview and I was told one day and had to call dozens of times to figure what date it was...then we agree on another time, I show up that day to interview with the store manager and he was busy so they rescheduled for the next day same time. The second interview was straightforward asking me what I know about Home Depot. He made the decision to hire me that day. Had to do background check and drug test...still waiting for results and start date

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. You are asked basic interview questions. Then took a drug test and filled out a background check. I felt welcomed from the very beginning.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy as long, as you have a computer. The manger in charge of hiring was very off putting, she only spoke to you when she needed info from you and would ignore or calls or say she needs to call you back later and never does if you ever have a question.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example of you providing outstanding customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call a week later asking if I could come in the next day. On day of my interview I received an email to call for an over the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you say to a customer knowing that you are the last person that they will talk to in the store.   1 Answer