The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dearborn, MI (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very simple. The first part is a phone screen. 3 simple questions and then they schedule a one on one interview. The same day you have to do a drug test (hold a stick in your mouth for five minutes that has an absorbent tip. Im still waiting on the results (however I know I passed). I was told it can take a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer that is loud?   1 Answer
  • How would you handle a customer that knows what they want, goes right to it and rushes out?   1 Answer
  • Being the last associate to have contact with the person how do you entreat them?   1 Answer
  • If your customer ask you a question and you don't know the answer what do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and then received an email that I would be contacted by phone and asked some questions. They called 2 days later and at first it is a machine and then they transfer you to an actual person that reads the description of the job, where the job will be at and how much they pay. They ask if you are still interested and then they ask simple basic interview questions. I think 4 days passed and I got a call from the home depot where I would be hired and they scheduled an interview with me the next day. I just had the interview today and it was nice and easy! They came in with a packet and asked me about my availability. After signing off on that they asked me about 3 to 4 questions. It seemed like the same questions they conducted over the phone. The supervisors were very nice and after they conducted the drug test right then and there! She said hopefully 2 weeks after she gets the results from the drug test and background check I can get scheduled for training!

Interview Questions

• how would you handle an unhappy angry customer?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time where you had to work fast paced on a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was to be about fifteen minutes. Ended up being an hour and a half. The interviewer saw potential in me to move up the ranks and we discussed a plan. I left feeling awesome and encouraged! I started days later and I love it so far. Great growth potential. I feel like this is a company that truly cares about its associates. Excited to see what is next!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a customer who asked a question you don't know the answer to?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Christiansburg, VA (US)).

Interview

Application was all online. I received an email within a week saying that I would receive a call or could call for an over-the-phone interview. After the phone interview I was automatically scheduled for an in-person interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer complaining about a product or service received?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?   Answer Question
    • How would you assist a customer about a product or service you had no knowledge of?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Filled out the application on line for all the stores in my area. Got an email the next day for a phone interview. Called the number in the email answered the automated system questions. Then it transferred me to a live person who described the job and asked a few additional questions. While still on the phone she set up a face to face interview. Went in waited an hour for the interview. Told them i was looking for part time work after my full time job. I have over 10 yrs and customer service so i think that helped.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being the last point of contact for a customer   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you didnt know something that a customer asked   Answer Question
    • How you handle a Customer that was upset about a service product or experience with another Associate   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. $9.00 they were looking to rebuild their front end in that store.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Benton Harbor, MI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

filled out am online application, week later have to call for a phone interview which set me up for a 0ne on one interview a few days last. very easy(FYI just be yourself nothing to worry about.)i applied at The Home Depot in Bentonharbor Mi.

Got hired on spot still waiting on background check

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Just brief personal questions. Making sure my schedule would work with what they needed and if i had the right personality. There were a few basic questions about problem solving and how I would handle certain things

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loganville, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Loganville, GA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked me a couple basic questions about my schedule and how many hours I was looking to work, asked me several basic interview questions and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle at work.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Junction, Mesa, CO (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

it was done in a quite place and the person who was doing the interview seemed to be truly interested in what i had to say was done 1 to 1 it was given by the one person i would be working under. i was also told of my dues i would be doing if was hired.

Interview Questions

• was asked how i would handle problems, would be given a example, would say how i would handle it.. was asked about other duties i performed at other jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there really wasn't any negotiation was told what would be expected of me and how we are to dress because i would representing this company. which i fully understood.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Volo, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Waiting for a response back took a while about a full week but after that things were very quick. First interview took place over the phone and then was scheduled for an in person interview. Interviewed by front end manager, he was very friendly and understanding. Standard interview questions. Took the drug test right there, they switched to the oral test which only tests up to a week prior. Got the job!

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done that requires speed and accuracy?   Answer Question