The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vista, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application then they called to go to the store where two people interviewed me. After first one called and asked to come back for second interview with manager who hired me..

Interview Questions

• What did I want to accomplish   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sparks, NV (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Started by applying online via the careers section of the website. Received an e-mail 3 days later scheduling a phone interview. Phone interview informed me of pay and scheduled me for an in-person interview the next day. Interviewers were friendly and at-ease. It went well. Question were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain past experience and how it related to position you are applying for.
      How would you deal with a rude customer? What would you do?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Eugene, OR (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then a few days later got a call for a phone interview. Very simple questions. I was then asked to come in a week later for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two employees, both were super nice, not uptight at all. It was a 7 question interview. Sadly I didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who had a question about a product you didn't know anything about?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Streetsboro, OH (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was then called for an interview. The interview itself was pretty standard as far as asking questions about prior experience and how you would handle difficult customers. The interview was very comfortable and lasted, approximately, 20 - 30 minutes. After being interviewed for an assistant manager, she asked that I wait. I then met the Store Manager and had an interview with her. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to balance speed with accuracy, and how did you handle the situation. How would you deal with an angry or unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

i applied online. i got a email to call for my phone interview with the HR department. you answer some basic questions. If you sound like a good fit, they schedule for a face to face interview either for the next day or few days after (mines was a few days after). At the face to face interview you meat with the supervisor and head of the department and they asked structured questions. Right after you get a second interview with the store manger or assistant store manager. they will ask you a few questions and if they like you they will give you an offer. if you take the offer you have to do a background check and you have 24 hours to get your drug test done. if everything is clear then you will start training.

Interview Questions

• How does your prior/present work experience relate to the position you re applying for at home depot?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Do you mind getting dirty?   Answer Question
    • how do you deal with a customer with a bad attitude?   Answer Question
    • Name an experience were you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miamisburg, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

first were a couple of phone interviews, then an in-person interview, one-on-one, answering the usual (very tiresome) "describe -a-time-when-you..." sort of questions. Not an unpleasant process and the interviewer was very likable but the questions were much the same as other interviews I have had. Background check and drug screen followed. Overall I had a positive feeling about this interview and was happy the outcome was positive as well.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to intervene between co-workers to solve a problem   1 Answer
    • describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wake Forest, NC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call to set up an interview. Spoke with Manager and was hired after interview. Attended an informational session and spent about 2 weeks training on the computer in the office. This was done at my own pace.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for work at The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations phase was very simple. The pay rate was $9.00 an hour and I accepted.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to customers as they are leaving the store?   2 Answers
    • How would you handle an angry customer.   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Monroe, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the assisant manager first and he asked me 6 situational questions that had to be related to either my life experience or work experience, then the store manager came and asked for availability and asked if I was looking for something careers wise or something just for money.. They gave me a piece of paper to fill out for my background check then sent me to the hospital to take my drug test and they told me they would call me in a few days once the results come back. He also told me that they start Cashiers off with $9.00 per hour

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of working with Home Depot?   Answer Question

Negotiation

That I would be making $9.00 per hour

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interesting that the first interviewer was a computer. I was then transfered to a person who asked me more questions. She then set me up with an in person interview. Wish me luck, I go into the store for my in person interview this coming Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   2 Answers