The Home Depot Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Friendly and inviting. It was quick and required a drug test at the time of the interview. Happened with one of the floor managers.

Interview Questions

• how I handled a difficult situation with a customer in the past and how it was resolved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

A call back maybe a week after applying to schedule Two in-store interviews. The hiring process was pretty fast and painless. They were very simple interviews that went fairly fast and smooth with minimal inconveniences. Brought resume to both interviews and had multiple examples of customer service experiences ready.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Rafael, CA (US)).

Interview

It was relaxed. Although I signed up online, no one was aware of my interview when I got there. So it took about a half hour before I was interviewed They are clearly looking
    for people who are earnest in wanting to be helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite knob and why   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellenwood, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Ellenwood, GA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

It was fine but the job ibterview process to longer than an hour and at the end they gave me a drug test that eventually had to be sent off to the lab instead of in home testing.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2018.

Interview

Received an e-mail to come in for an interview; given a three-day and several time slot options. Took the first available day and time slot. First interviewer was as assistant manager who asked mostly typical interview questions and my availability - which he asked me to write on a schedule sheet, and asked to sign it. Interview took about 15 minutes, then I was asked to wait about 10 minutes for the manager to interview me. The Manager asked me to tell him about myself. I elaborated mostly on my resume/ positive work experiences. He offered me the job on the spot with the emphasis on the low pay. Then I was given a swab drug test, and told it would take about three days to process it. If I passed the drug test and background test, HD would contact me to come in to finalize the hiring with HR.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe an incident in your past work experience where you had to deal with an abusive customer.   2 Answers

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

I was able to use the computer that was in the store to apply for the Sales Associate position. Immediately after I filled out what position I was applying for I was asked if I had time to to complete the next step which was a very simple personality test. "What kind of a person best describes you" After I completed that within an hour I received a "Thank You" e-mail for applying. The next e-mail was computer generated asking when I would like to set up for an "in person" interview. I made the appointment for the up coming Friday. When I arrived for the interview I was asked to go into a small office with 2 other Home Depot Members for the interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were what others have already provided. Nothing new or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parkersburg, WV (US)).

Interview

Interview was shorter than I expected and after about 5 minutes of following the paper questions the interview seemed like we where having a catch up meeting between old friends.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manteca, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manteca, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from them the next day saying that I would receive an automated call from them soon. The call allowed me to schedule an interview with them. I was interviewed by the store manager, who asked me basic questions about customer service and my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• As the last point of contact with the customer, what is the most important thing to say to them?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was a easy going one. I enjoyed that it wasn't too intense and I felt as though I could speak honestly about my intentions for applying to the Home Depot

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

quick and straight-forward, but I had to agree with accepting the salary offered before being granted an interview. This keeps with company policy of always deferring questions about money by saying the decision was made in the Atlanta corporrate office.

Interview Questions

• straight-forward w/o surprises. I was asked to take a drug test immediately. The offer was contingent about passing a drug and background check.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.