The Home Depot Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2018.

Interview

Received an e-mail to come in for an interview; given a three-day and several time slot options. Took the first available day and time slot. First interviewer was as assistant manager who asked mostly typical interview questions and my availability - which he asked me to write on a schedule sheet, and asked to sign it. Interview took about 15 minutes, then I was asked to wait about 10 minutes for the manager to interview me. The Manager asked me to tell him about myself. I elaborated mostly on my resume/ positive work experiences. He offered me the job on the spot with the emphasis on the low pay. Then I was given a swab drug test, and told it would take about three days to process it. If I passed the drug test and background test, HD would contact me to come in to finalize the hiring with HR.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe an incident in your past work experience where you had to deal with an abusive customer.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Fast simple called within the first day hired in bulk over 10 associates applied and received the job immediately. They hire just about anyone. No skill needed just as long as you're able to walk and organize items (inventory) They told me my hours and when I'm going to start within the first minute of the interview. I was interviewed by the Manager

Interview Questions

• What should you do if you don't know the answer to a customers question?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was a easy going one. I enjoyed that it wasn't too intense and I felt as though I could speak honestly about my intentions for applying to the Home Depot

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you would be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

quick and straight-forward, but I had to agree with accepting the salary offered before being granted an interview. This keeps with company policy of always deferring questions about money by saying the decision was made in the Atlanta corporrate office.

Interview Questions

• straight-forward w/o surprises. I was asked to take a drug test immediately. The offer was contingent about passing a drug and background check.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

100% behavioral interview questions. Oral drug test the same day as interview. Sat down with the store HR person and answered questions for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, met with the store manager for more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle something extremely important.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2017.

Interview

I was able to use the computer that was in the store to apply for the Sales Associate position. Immediately after I filled out what position I was applying for I was asked if I had time to to complete the next step which was a very simple personality test. "What kind of a person best describes you" After I completed that within an hour I received a "Thank You" e-mail for applying. The next e-mail was computer generated asking when I would like to set up for an "in person" interview. I made the appointment for the up coming Friday. When I arrived for the interview I was asked to go into a small office with 2 other Home Depot Members for the interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were what others have already provided. Nothing new or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Puyallup, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process of Five Easy Questions. You don't have to think too hard. Just take your time and be genuine. You may have up to two interviews, one with the assistant manager and one with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you encountered adversity and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seaside, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seaside, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend.
    The interview process was short, less than a week. I came in with for an in person interview. The first interview was with the HR manager, which took about five minutes. Then I interviewed with the Department manager for 20 minutes. I was given an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer service did you provide at your last job?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Parkersburg, WV (US)).

Interview

Interview was shorter than I expected and after about 5 minutes of following the paper questions the interview seemed like we where having a catch up meeting between old friends.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was disorganized. 1) Checked in at customer service (as was the directive)
    2) Waited in a hallway outside of the break room and restrooms for 1.5 hours past scheduled time of interview. 3) Finally, interviewed in a cluttered office with associates walking in and out during the interview. 4) Never received follow-up phone call after being told by interviewer that he would call within a week even if I was not selected for the position (Don't say this if you are not planning to follow through).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.