The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.0

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenoir City, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lenoir City, TN (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was easy over all. One month after I put in my application I got called for a in person interview after having to reply to a couple of emails with questions on those.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation recently you had to pay attention to details and why did it matter? What type of flooring would you recommend for each room of a house? There were other questions and to me they were very easy.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an in person interview the following day. Had trouble finding the HR office. Spoke with HR for a brief minute and then went into the ASM office to interview with assistant manager Brett. After interview I went back to HR office to do drug test and fill out paper work, was hired immediately. Started working after background test went through (about a week_

Interview Questions

• What was one situation with your previous employer where there was an issue that you resolved?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy with basic customer related questions . I applied online and got a call within 3 days to attend interview at the store . I went to store and did it followed by drug test. A week later I got a call that you are hired . Thats it.😊

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Application:
    Firstly, one applies online for a desired position, then wait until contacted by The Home Depot via email concerning a phone number to call regarding your interest for hire. When you call the number set to you, you will be asked to choose a Home Depot location to schedule an interview.

The Interview:
    At this point you are half way into being hired. Know if you received a follow up email from The Home Depot after you have applied, this means that you are being considered and may possibly be hired.
    So here are some tips I would suggest for the interview to go and end well:
    1. Be clear and calm when speaking
    2. Stay focused on understanding the questions with honesty
    3. Answer every question: this shows you are paying attention and able to understand what is being said.

To Conclude:
    Stay calm and collective, be genuine about your goals and reasons of applying at The Home Depot, and be friendly to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach and lead a customer to satisfy their time in shopping, while aiming to make the sale a success?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Encinitas, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Hypothetical problem solving situational questions, why home depot, team player, etc
    Takes a long time to get hired due to drug test and background check. Generally speaking the interview was pretty easy as long as you're willing to work and friendly.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Incredibly simple process that took less than an hour before an offer was made. They mainly want to see what type of person you are. Do you speak loud and proud? Are you shy and timid? Do you have previous experience selling or are you trainable to be a good salesman? What's your personality like etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Bergen, NJ (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The waiting was a bit longer than I expected, and the interview was about 20 minutes. The interview process was quick and easy she asked a lot of customer service questions & offered me the job on the spot for 12 dollars an hour part time. I haven't accepted it yet because I have another interview today but their offer was so good it's probably the one I will accept!

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview is a joke, the person conducting the interview asked very simple questions. The interview lasted ten minutes. Anyone can get a job there because of the horrible turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Soquel, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Soquel, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was in three stages. First a phone review, then an HR interview, and finally an interview with the department head. The interviews were laid back and almost felt informal. The process was a little long from interview to offer considering the number of openings that needed immediate filling. It took longer than expected to get the background check back. HR was very good about staying in touch with me. I suggest that you give at least one follow up call to your interviewer a day or so after your interview to let them know that you are still interested and excited about The Home Depot.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to share my personal view of good costumer service and give an example of a time that I gave good customer service to a customer.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (League City, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

You fill out an application online and they contact you via phone to either set up a time for a phone interview or conduct one right then if you have the time. They ask pretty standard questions and then if you pass their interview questions, they will set up a face to face interview. You will interview with either a department head or one of the store managers. They will ask you standard STAR format questions. If after all this they like what they hear they will offer you a position and go over salary etc and set up a time for you to do the new hire training.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      WHat are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it?
      Are you willing to work weekends?
      Face-to-Face interview:
      What do you know about appliances?
      How would you handle a disgruntled customer?
      How would you handle dealing with a disgruntled co-worker?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.