The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.0

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stockton, CA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially screed in a telephone interview by local HR person and invited to meet face to face. Interviewed by HR person and third interview set with Store Manager. Store Manager told me that he did not think I would be a good fit because of my education and experience. In short, over-qualified.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Nashville, TN (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

Basically, Home Depot only accepts applications online. I don't how they determine who gets picked. I suspect the database spits out candidates to be called. So it's better to include as many locations that you can work at when filling out the application because it increases your chances of getting a call, and if you do get the call, even if it may not be the store you want, if you really want to work at HD, you may really want to consider taking it because you may not get another call for awhile. You can always transfer later. (You'll have to wait 6 months I believe)

I've been at HD for 3 years. I started as an associate. Don't know how they determine new Specialist candidates.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have an interview because I was asked to become a specialist because they knew I could do it, but I always get thrown with the "Describe a situations where..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no interview really, I had spent enough time learning the position. Everyone knew I could do the job, but because of the economy, on top of a policy change of not offering pay raise with title, they said they couldn't offer me more money. I was told I made more as an associate than what the entry level specialist makes. Which is frustrating because I was still playing by the "old rules". If I knew about the new rules, I would've taken the title as soon as I moved to the specialty department, instead of actually trying to learn the position and become competent BEFORE applying for the specialist position.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gainesville, FL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule an in person interview the following day. Had trouble finding the HR office. Spoke with HR for a brief minute and then went into the ASM office to interview with assistant manager Brett. After interview I went back to HR office to do drug test and fill out paper work, was hired immediately. Started working after background test went through (about a week_

Interview Questions

• What was one situation with your previous employer where there was an issue that you resolved?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Trussville, AL (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online, was called the next day and given a number, received another phone call with a brief interview (2 questions) about how I had handled certain situations in previous jobs, received another call to interview at store, interviewed with Asst. Man., called back by HR to come sign papers. Whole process took no longer than a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at a previous job where you handled a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Position was only part time.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenoir City, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lenoir City, TN (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was easy over all. One month after I put in my application I got called for a in person interview after having to reply to a couple of emails with questions on those.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation recently you had to pay attention to details and why did it matter? What type of flooring would you recommend for each room of a house? There were other questions and to me they were very easy.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (League City, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

You fill out an application online and they contact you via phone to either set up a time for a phone interview or conduct one right then if you have the time. They ask pretty standard questions and then if you pass their interview questions, they will set up a face to face interview. You will interview with either a department head or one of the store managers. They will ask you standard STAR format questions. If after all this they like what they hear they will offer you a position and go over salary etc and set up a time for you to do the new hire training.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      WHat are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it?
      Are you willing to work weekends?
      Face-to-Face interview:
      What do you know about appliances?
      How would you handle a disgruntled customer?
      How would you handle dealing with a disgruntled co-worker?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bronx, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The Application:
    Firstly, one applies online for a desired position, then wait until contacted by The Home Depot via email concerning a phone number to call regarding your interest for hire. When you call the number set to you, you will be asked to choose a Home Depot location to schedule an interview.

The Interview:
    At this point you are half way into being hired. Know if you received a follow up email from The Home Depot after you have applied, this means that you are being considered and may possibly be hired.
    So here are some tips I would suggest for the interview to go and end well:
    1. Be clear and calm when speaking
    2. Stay focused on understanding the questions with honesty
    3. Answer every question: this shows you are paying attention and able to understand what is being said.

To Conclude:
    Stay calm and collective, be genuine about your goals and reasons of applying at The Home Depot, and be friendly to everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach and lead a customer to satisfy their time in shopping, while aiming to make the sale a success?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy with basic customer related questions . I applied online and got a call within 3 days to attend interview at the store . I went to store and did it followed by drug test. A week later I got a call that you are hired . Thats it.😊

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Madison, AL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

The questions were on point. They asked you to role play and sell a complete project. The hiring manager was very professional. They also asked about previous successes and failures.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through buying all of the parts for a faucet installation.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richardson, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Incredibly simple process that took less than an hour before an offer was made. They mainly want to see what type of person you are. Do you speak loud and proud? Are you shy and timid? Do you have previous experience selling or are you trainable to be a good salesman? What's your personality like etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.