The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR person over the phone who set up a phone screen with the lead developer of the team I would be working with. Standad procedure.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my past experience from an internship, senior project in school, and out-of-school programming.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

During the onsite interview, there were about 30 of us. There were multiple teams/divisions that were hiring, so the purpose of the final interview round was for each applicant to find a best match. We each interviewed with several teams. The interviews were technical but not coding-heavy. Most of them asked questions about object-oriented programming, such as inheritance and polymorphism. They also asked me to discuss prior projects and my contributions.

Interview Questions

• Describe inheritance and polymorphism and their importance for OOP.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview was a technical phone screen where I was asked about the 4 basic concepts of OOP, some questions about big-o time to access elements in different data structures, and a really abstract question about how I would describe the internet.
    I was then called up to their headquarters for an onsite interview with about 20 other interns. It was a three round interview process. I was asked frequently about design patterns and SQL.

Interview Questions

• Define the synchronization() method in java and give a situation in which it would be used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Came to my campus' job-fair, took about a month to start calling people. Took a while to set something up as the manager was out of town. Finally set up a time with a manager who asked Java specific questions and about my experience. Was told they wanted to continue the process a couple hours after, but have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Was not expecting to be quizzed on Java, but he made it seem like it was okay and offered solutions.   Answer Question
    • What is a static variable?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the sorting algorithms you know and how they operate.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about inheritance and polymorphism. Also asked about other OOP concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then you come in for a few hours to see if you're a right fit for the team. If they like you, they'll vouch for you and you're in.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about THD and why does it make you want to work for us? DO YOUR RESEARCH.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Invited to an onsite event after speaking with one of their engineers at a networking event. Onsite consisted of one group design challenge and two one-on-one 25 minutes interviews with one of their engineers. One-on-ones were a mixed of technical and behavior questions, with an easy white-boarding question.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about experiences listed on resume, and testing familiarity with OOP concepts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

We had team based activities where we looked at some code to decipher what it did, and then had some group question and answer interviews asking about our preferences, hobbies, and other similar subjects

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was a group interview where we spent most of the time solving technical questions. There were 2 questions and we were given about 15 minutes to solve each one.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to organize a function divided into several slips of paper in order. We were then asked to solve a puzzle with insane constraints which they later revealed there was no solution to. Both parts took about 15 min   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Included a group interview and one- on- one interview. For the group interview, they were looking for someone who could work collaboratively with the team members. Not a super hard interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and the interviewer is really nice person in which he is trying to get the best out of you not to suppress you and make you nervous.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.