The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

3 Onsite interviews after a phone call with a recruiter. The Interviews were easy to average difficulty, and the engineers helped me through it. I got a call the next day with an offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I interviewed through recruiter. It was 1 hr technical video call. Interviewers were nice and cooperative. Interview process was first 30 mins were on resume and previous experience and then coding challenge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I found it overall very easy. Started with some pre-screening questions, testing for a very high level understanding of creating a scalable web service. Then soft skills interview, general questions regarding experience and "what if" situations. Finally the technical interview which was a Python code scramble and some beginner and intermediate level SQL questions. Hired to the EDW department, most engineers are expected/desired to be capable of becoming full stack if they are not already.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to follow exact instructions to complete a project and how did you go about it.   Answer Question
    • How do you normally work on your own projects, what is your process?   Answer Question
    • Who would you go to to describe a problem or accident that is effecting the users.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

3 rounds for a 2+ hour interview, very good experience the key is to work with the developers on solving the issue instead of going into heads down mode. One of the best interview processes I've ever been apart of.

Interview Questions

• 1 for problem solving (probably array sorting)
      2. with developers (Fibonacci)
      3.(With managers)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen person texted me late at night (after 10pm) on a weekday and called a few minutes after I responded, which seems pretty unprofessional but he's an HR person so I don't really hold the company responsible.

Interview Questions

• Adamant about me having above a 3.4 GPA.   1 Answer
    • Asked about side projects and experience with java.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Senior recruiter, Korinne Powell. She asked me about my projects and some basic resume questions. I was then called for an onsite interview followed by a phone screen. Throughout the interview process, Korinne was very kind and helpful with her prompt responses and I do believe we need more recruiters like her, she made the whole interview process easier for me . And the interviewers were really experienced and were understanding. Overall it was a very positive experience thanks to their excellent recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Home Depot?   16 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, waited a couple of days before HR contacted me. Specified a time period for the interview. One phone interview (mainly because I already knew my recruiter at the time) was all it took.

Interview Questions

• Given two arrays, find two numbers (one in each array) that add up to 9.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Worst interview process I've experienced. Recruiter calls me and asks me basic questions. Then tells me what I need to learn to get the interview? Very odd. They then asked to schedule the interview, 1.5 months in advance. I accepted out of sheer curiosity. They never called back and I assume the interview never happened.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with moving into management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Got the job description from the recruiter. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the program manager. The interview was a mix of behavior questions and some basic Java core questions. Seem like they look for someone who has experience with RESTful services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. After I week, I went to have an on-site interview. It was a group interview which has two parts. First was about the UML diagram. The second was about scrambled codes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.