The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Auburn, WA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was aggressively pursued to be hired as an Outside Sales Rep for their exterior product division. Interview was very basic. In the state of WA they basically assign outside sales reps to particular stores within a region. This was communicated at the interview. Commission and bonus structure was communicated as well. Sales training in Atlanta was mandatory. Sales training was average at best.

Interview Questions

• How much I sold at my last job, where do I live, and do I have any relatives working at HD. You will be emailed a personality quiz which takes a few hours to complete. Managers never asked me any sales related questions. Just my background history and prior sales experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online with lots of personality test, mathematical test and timed IQ test. a week later got a phone interview from head quarter not from the actual location, simple automated yes or no questions and the person asked 3 questions about job experience, customer service, and multitasking under stress. the person set me a in person interview at the actual store. a week later, had interview, I met store manager in his office, there's other candidate waiting for interview, including even couple of current employees, the manager was nice and polite, and very professionally conduct interview, asked 5 questions, in between question, he asked about additional specific question about technical skills, or retail experience in large scale box store. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, at the end of interview, he offered me 3 different positions that I can choose with hourly rate. I accepted. in an other office, they did drug test and make me sign on consent documents.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the customer service that I performed above or beyond customer expectation or satisfaction.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself? in general and in careers in the past.   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tucson, AZ (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

My interview was with the Operations Manager as the Specialty Manager was off on the day I interviewed. He was very busy and over 20 minutes late for the interview. I had a 5 min interview he asked questions off a pre-printed sheet and made very little eye contact. At its conclusion, he took me to the admin person and told her to assign me to a department and she then took over going over the paperwork I needed to complete.

Interview Questions

• How would I sell a customer a fiberglass door that costs $300 more than a steel door   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)).

Interview

I met with three different people. First was the in-house HR personnel, then an Assistant Manager, and last was the Store manager. You can usually tell after meeting with the Assistant Store Manager as to whether you will be offered the position. They are the ones that will work closely with you compared to the Store Manager. Genuinely Impressive them and express how you will make a positive difference and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can I bring to the store that will benefit myself and others?   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Encinitas, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Two managers asked cross referenced questions about situations that were good and bad. The questions were all role playing types meant to determine how you interact with customers and resolve problems. Basically retail sales 101. Questions aimed at the resume were meant to find the best department for placement. I was never asked how soon I could start or if I needed to give notice to my employer.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst situation that you had to deal with and how did you handle it?
      What did you do in your past job and what were your major responsibilities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Klamath Falls, OR (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online then Waite for interview in store. Interview then if selected they offer you and get drug and background checks. Generally the sore manager may call you for a second interview but usually only one interview is required.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation in your former job.
      How do you handle difficult people.
      Describe a time when you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took a quiz to determine my most suitable placement in Home Depot. Then I went into the store to be interviewed in person. The person that was supposed to interview me was not working so I was interviewed by someone else. Later, I had a second interview with an Assistant Manager who oversees the department I was going to be placed in.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were typical and there were no questions regarding my knowledge of the products that Home Depot carried. Many questions were based upon my ethics, past job situations and relationships with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any type of negotiation for the job or the salary.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got follow up call from robot, then was transferred to a person in a call center who asked generic form questions. Passed that hurdle, got an interview set up at the store. Met with the department manager, who asked generic form questions. Decision is made by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about working as a team, handling difficult customers.   Answer Question

Low pay.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The online info and interview was tedious at best. The online questionnaire was too long. I suspect this is designed to filter out people, but based on some of the people I work with I am amazed they got past it and received a job. Having been a manager at a national retailer I think they are just filling with warm bodies not really adding people who will become long term assets.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer looking for something in the store!   1 Answer

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cedar City, UT (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was a long process; you have to fill out your application online and wait for a phone call from the corporate HR office. You go through an initial phone screening that you answer a few questions from an automated system. Next, you get a simple phone interview from an actual person who I suppose submits it to the store you applied to, where you do an in-person interview with store management. I'm not sure if my store wasn't hiring at the time I submitted my application, but it took over 2 months from the application to the store interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic interview questions, i.e. tell me about yourself, tell me about your experience and X job and Y job, tell me what you would do in X situation, tell me how you would handle Y situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was somewhat desperate for a job at the time, so I didn't even think about negotiation. The starting pay seemed reasonable for what the job was.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.